Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2010, 08:41 AM   #21
momof8
Registered Users
Formerly: Meesiejean
seller

Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers WIP 11/30

BBL

Advertisement

momof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:52 AM   #22
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The agreement was that he would have it paid by the end of November, in other words...today. When it rains it pours around here. Tomorrow is my b-day, I just realized.
Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:55 AM   #23
mythik
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It would be great as a hat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielsen6 View Post
I got this yesterday, it's not telling me what it wants to grow up to be. DH told me that it would look good on Easton. It's not super soft though, Peruvian wool...but I couldn't resist the colors. I was thinking Tickle Hat?
Love them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesaddle View Post
I have some FO pictures! 0

I haven't been on in at least a week as DD had the stomach flu, blah. Now she's better so here are some pictures.

Scrappy boy longies

Scrappy tickle hat
AFM, no knitting last night (feel asleep early and good thing, my cold is almost gone ). I plan on frogging the newb legs and alternating skeins to avoid pooling. Will also CO my nephews cowl this afternoon at lunch. I need to do the quick kid projects first....I want to knit another pair of longies for DS but will have to wait until the weekend.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:55 AM   #24
mythik
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Happy early Birthday

Quote:
The agreement was that he would have it paid by the end of November, in other words...today. When it rains it pours around here. Tomorrow is my b-day, I just realized.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:10 AM   #25
vshawn7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning. Haven't been on in a few days but have peeked in to see beautiful projects. I am back at work...boo! Only 3 more weeks until Christmas. All I want to do is craft. I have been making hair bows like crazy and need to get some knitting stuff done. Darn this job thing...haha! I love my students but need to get some personal stuff done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomgoat View Post
morning, all!

Sorry to have been MIA but our modem quit. We're now waiting for our provider to mail out the free replacement. We're internet-less at home and I only work 2 days a week.

This also means no WIP or FO pics this week. Which is a bummer bec I finished the size 3T footies on BBR rose quartz and they totally rock so I wanted to show pics.

In other news, DH and BIL hunted this week and brought down two deer. We have been processing them and preparing to stock the freezer for the winter. It's been a big family project and quite the experience for the girls. As my eldest (4yo) said two nights ago after seeing the buck, "bye bye, Deer! See you later this week..... IN MY BELLY!" She doesn't seem put off by the concept of where meat comes from at all.
That made me chuckle. Good thing I am on my planning period so no weird looks from kiddos. I try not to get on when students are in the room unless they are testing or something.

Quote:
I got this yesterday, it's not telling me what it wants to grow up to be. DH told me that it would look good on Easton. It's not super soft though, Peruvian wool...but I couldn't resist the colors. I was thinking Tickle Hat?
Most definately a hat. Beautiful!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post
If it not super soft... a little scratchy what I good tickle hat
Beautiful colors
Am I the only itching to buy as many wool you can this month even though you already have enough.
I have been on a spending spree and need to stop. A new LYS opened up by me and I want to go crazy in there but have forbidden myself to go back until after Christmas.

Quote:
Well, I need advice ladies (and Tim! ).
DH's brother's friend bought our old car from us, gave us $400 to start and we kept the title till he gives us the $300 that he owes. It has been 3 weeks since he paid, we were lenient because he has to fix some stuff on the car. And now I have a note sitting in front of me that says I need $90 to keep my water on today, I called them to see if they could wait till tomorrow or friday because I really don't want to pay an extra $30 reconnect fee, I already have to pay the $25 door tag fee. I don't understand how they can turn water off for a $65 bill. But alas, so my dilemma is that hubby doesn't think he should call and pester the young man who bought the car, I asked him to call and see if he could at least give us $100. He didn't and went to work this morning with the tone that "there was nothing he could do". I have no idea what I should do now, I think I should call this kid and ask him if he could pay at least some of what he owes us. WWYD?
I would at least call and find out what is going on. He needs to complete his part of the agreement.

I better get back to work. I have lessons to plan and papers to grade. Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #26
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

nak.. Fodie, i would call and ask him.. if its due today.. then he should be paying..

Tina, im sorry about your car
Old 11-30-2010, 09:15 AM   #27
LadybugMom757
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Fodie, happy birthday. I would say at least wait till tomorrow and then call the guy. Just explain you have some bills to pay and ask what he'd be able to pay right now.

Lauren, ss about the sick lo. that was us the last 2 weeks. Late nights, early mornings. Lots of coffee.

Just finishing up this STIH on Fairyblue's sienna sunset. I'm donating it today for a handmade items box going to Africa this week.

I'm going to see a mentor today. She used to be my therapist, but now it will be basic advice/council. I think it will be good.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:17 AM   #28
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

TY Lonnie

Dh already told me I won't be getting anything till this weekend. He doesn't ever plan ahead, always get my feelings hurt on my birthday because he doesn't really make much of an effort. No one ever warned me that birthdays start to suck when you get older, when you are a kid you can count on your parents making is special, but when you are an adult it's just another day. I'm sorry, I'm being a total drag today. Slap me so I shut up. I love my friends on here and all there lovey yarnstuff.
Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:17 AM   #29
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomgoat View Post
In other news, DH and BIL hunted this week and brought down two deer. We have been processing them and preparing to stock the freezer for the winter. It's been a big family project and quite the experience for the girls. As my eldest (4yo) said two nights ago after seeing the buck, "bye bye, Deer! See you later this week..... IN MY BELLY!" She doesn't seem put off by the concept of where meat comes from at all.
Dd either. Even though we rarely have it, she loves "cow meat" and "pig belly." She was sad when she found out they were killed a-purpose--she thought we were eating animals that died naturally . I'm mostly vegetarian and she tells people the animals were killed and "that makes mommy sad"... WHILE we're all eating it

Quote:
Well, I need advice ladies (and Tim! ).
DH's brother's friend bought our old car from us, gave us $400 to start and we kept the title till he gives us the $300 that he owes. It has been 3 weeks since he paid, we were lenient because he has to fix some stuff on the car. And now I have a note sitting in front of me that says I need $90 to keep my water on today, I called them to see if they could wait till tomorrow or friday because I really don't want to pay an extra $30 reconnect fee, I already have to pay the $25 door tag fee. I don't understand how they can turn water off for a $65 bill. But alas, so my dilemma is that hubby doesn't think he should call and pester the young man who bought the car, I asked him to call and see if he could at least give us $100. He didn't and went to work this morning with the tone that "there was nothing he could do". I have no idea what I should do now, I think I should call this kid and ask him if he could pay at least some of what he owes us. WWYD?
Ummmmm, you need $90 to keep your water on today, someone owes you more than three times that amount today, and you could even be generous and give him a delay on say half of the entire owed amount and still get enough for your water?? YES call the guy!! If he's having trouble paying you can offer to delay half or even 2/3 of the owed amount, but there is NO reason to not even call and let him pay nothing on the day HE agreed to pay you in full!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesaddle View Post
I have some FO pictures! 0

I haven't been on in at least a week as DD had the stomach flu, blah. Now she's better so here are some pictures.

Scrappy boy longies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma1879 View Post
migraine.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:18 AM   #30
LadybugMom757
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and I won the auction for Micsknitz Alice In Wonderland on LT!!! I bought some fabric yesterday that matches perfectly, so I'm planning for spring knitting with it.