Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
meg28
Registered Users
seller

**UPDATED****Thirsties Elastic Issues

Ok so I LOOOOOOOOVE Thirsties Duos they fit my little man awesome. I got my first two in a trade here on DS and fell in love. The cover itself was in great shape, no PUL, snap, aplix or elastic issues, the mama before me took great care of them, but still they were used not brand new. So that started my obsession with Thirsties Duos and I went ahead and bought 3 brand new ones for myself. Well, after only a wash or two the leg gussets on ALL 3 started to lose their elasticity and stretch out. I N-E-V-E-R dry my covers, only hang dry and I use CD safe detergent. I of course contacted Thirsties (awesome customer service) and they replaced all 3 wraps. I thought it was just a bad batch of elastic on my initial covers, but here I am with my THIRD, that's right THIRD round of replacement covers from Thirsties!!!! Not really sure what is happening here. I am not particularly rough on the covers either, wash, DS wears and wash when dirty. What I find so strange is that the gussets on the covers I received from my trade the older, the USED covers, have leg gussets of steel that are in brand new condition, tight as ever!

Anyone else having or had this issue? I am just not sure where to go with this. Eventually Thirsties will not replace the covers if they replace too many times for me, but when you purchase a product you want it to work and my covers are not working!?!?! So at this point I am really debating after 3 rounds of replacements of seeing if they will take the wraps all back and refund me Oh and this 3rd round of replacements are now having the gusset issue too I don't want to give up on Thirsties as I thought I just found the perfect cover, but I may be moving on.......

Any covers out there that are similar to a Thirsties cover in fit out there maybe with stronger gusset elastic? Spam me please.

So after going back and forth at length in multiple (very pleasant) emails with the awesome Thirsties Customer Service team, Thirsties finally just cut me a check for my original purchase price even though I purchased my three wraps from 2 different online retailers AND they even let me keep one of the replacement wraps that didn't end up with busted elastic. So all in all even though I did have a weird one in a million issue with Thirsties they still get a in my book for their willingness to solve my problem and keep the customer happy. Because now in the future I am likely to revisit Thirsties for future diapering needs

Advertisement

SAHM to S 11/9/06 J 11/1/09 and M 10/27/11

Last edited by meg28; 12-10-2010 at 02:47 PM.
meg28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
whiteyacht
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thirsties Elastic Issues?

I had the same experience with the FOE on the gussets. I like Blueberry Coveralls better because they use encased elastic instead of FOE; seems more durable.
whiteyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
marisolstice
Registered Users
seller
seller

Try Tiny Tush...they are almost identical in fit, size, etc. They had some seconds for about $8 not too long ago.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:16 PM   #4
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh no mama! That is a bummer about your new Thirsties! That is just so weird. Sounds frustrating too! Did Thirsties offer any insight or ideas into why that could be happening?

Im glad the ones you got used in a trade are still working for you though.
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:01 PM   #5
meg28
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
Oh no mama! That is a bummer about your new Thirsties! That is just so weird. Sounds frustrating too! Did Thirsties offer any insight or ideas into why that could be happening?

Im glad the ones you got used in a trade are still working for you though.
Hahaha!! Yes my......ummmm your Thirsties are holding up fabulously, which leads me to believe they changed something in their manufacturing process, which they said they did not, but who knows I have talked to them several times and they just keep sending me new wraps which have all had the gusset issue, I am waiting on a call back from the customer service manager to see what else can be done we'll see if she calls me back. I hate to be a pest and keep contacting them, but on the same note when you pay money for a product you expect it to work.

Hope you are doing well!!!!!

Old 11-30-2010, 03:05 PM   #6
ds1997
Registered Users
Formerly: lilac0422
seller
seller

Hmm...I haven't heard of any issues like yours. It is so hard when you can't figure out exactly what the problem is. If you don't know, you can't fix it. My Thirsties covers are fine after months of use so I am really no help. I hope you figure it out though.
ds1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:07 PM   #7
hippiemommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wonder if they are all from the same batch? Have the replacements all been shipped relatively close together? Do they even have a way of tracking which batch they came from?
hippiemommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:54 PM   #8
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg28 View Post
Hahaha!! Yes my......ummmm your Thirsties are holding up fabulously, which leads me to believe they changed something in their manufacturing process, which they said they did not, but who knows I have talked to them several times and they just keep sending me new wraps which have all had the gusset issue, I am waiting on a call back from the customer service manager to see what else can be done we'll see if she calls me back. I hate to be a pest and keep contacting them, but on the same note when you pay money for a product you expect it to work.

Hope you are doing well!!!!!
Yes Im doing great thank you! Hope you are doing well also!

I hope the customer service manager gets back to you with some answers. Maybe they are all from the same batch like pp suggested?
Old 12-10-2010, 02:48 PM   #9
meg28
Registered Users
seller

Re: **UPDATED****Thirsties Elastic Issues

for update

Old 12-10-2010, 03:00 PM   #10
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: **UPDATED****Thirsties Elastic Issues

Yay that is great! Sounds like awesome CS!

Someone posted a thread very similar to this a few days ago about their new Thirsties duos elastic going out in only a few uses. I have to wonder if it was the batch.