Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2007, 08:14 AM   #1
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

Sit N Stand Strollers? Similar?

I need a stroller.... I walk to the grocery store when it's nice out with both kids and while I wear DD a lot-- I still need a stroller.

A double isn't ncessary, DS is too big to actually sit in one but he gets tired of walking.

I've seen the Baby Trend Sit n Stand and the Joovy one-- anyone have experience with either? It also looks like Fisher Price might have one out.

Thanks!

Advertisement

MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:17 AM   #2
Tootsiemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sit N Stand Strollers? Similar?

My friend has a sit and stand. I don't like it but then again, her oldest is 4 and refuses to behave and listen and takes off running so it wasn't a good choice for her.
Tootsiemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:26 AM   #3
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

My son's 3.... but he hasn't used a stroller since he was 15 months and learned to alk... after that he just walked and I'd pop him on my back if he was tired.

I tried a Sit N Stand at Target while pregnant but didn't like how it folded I think. That' what kept me from buying it I think. Of course now they don't have it in stock to try.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:29 AM   #4
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I had a sit and stand and sold it. It was nice to be able to have my older dd jum p on when I had dc child in the front but it was only feasible to go forward and backward, turning it was horrible. Even dh had a hard time and he actually started refusing to use it.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:32 AM   #5
TeneikM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought the Baby Trend one after trying the Joovy at BRU. It was easier to manuever, had a one handed fold option, and I could not even remove the Joovy tray no matter how hard I tried. I love my Sit N Stand. My 4 1/2 yr old DD has some joint problems, muscle weakness and fatigue so it is a life saver. Even on a good day for her, some places I just feel more comfortable having her sitting, like when we are really rushing or have to get through a huge crowd. I wish that the front seat reclined more, but I found that since my DS would never ever fall asleep in a stroller, it didn't really matter for me. When we have another, DS will take the back seat and the baby will go in the front, so I can see us getting lots of use out of it. I did have to figure out the trick to closing it, but once I got it down it was super easy. It also makes for great "stroller time outs"
Old 03-12-2007, 08:36 AM   #6
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

What didn't you like about the Joovy?
Old 03-12-2007, 08:38 AM   #7
TeneikM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a real hard time with it in the store, manuvering it, trying to fold it, trying to take the tray off. I was getting so frustrated, and could not see myself fighting with it everytime I tried to use it.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:43 AM   #8
Hitchkids
Registered Users

I've had a sit n stand for 7 yrs now I believe. I love it. I bought it when my first two were 2 1/2 and 6 months. The one I have is older obviously but it worked great for us. If I just need a double, I'll still use it but now I tend to take our triple stroller with us more. Even with one on my back, I can still use the triple. Anyway, I love the sit n stand. It has held up to years of abuse and is small enough to get into the trunk of a Corolla and still leave room for groceries. You do need to take the time to teach your kids the rules about not getting out without permission since the kid in back does havea bit more freedom but I like it a lot. my husband does not but then again, he does not like any stroller unless it's a jogging stroller and he's out jogging. For some reason, he thinks its' better to carry all the kids and chase them around then keep them strapped in where they can't escape from you. I don't understand his reasoning on that one but perhaps it's because he's never out alone with all the kids.
Hitchkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:53 AM   #9
jenneonthespot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought a Baby Trend Sit and Stand about a year ago when DS2 was born- It was great getting through the first year. I like the fact that you can use it with the infant car seat (like a travel system) if you don't want to have to wake baby up from out of the car, etc. Later you can convert it to a regular stroller (snack tray, etc) without having to purchase extra parts. It isn't very good for big shopping trips, though. Not enough storage.
We don't have trouble steering or pushing ours. I like the fact that you can let the front wheels swivel, or lock them into place. The swivel-action is a big help in maneuvering.
My DC are 27 mos apart, and I am now finding that DS1 prefers to walk, so we don't use it much. The times when I do use my double, I find myself wishing it was a double jogger (long walks, etc.)

Hope this helps...

jenneonthespot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:41 AM   #10
4xMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have the Joovy, and love it!! No probs w/ the tray, maneuvers quite nicely for us!! The only Sit & Stand I could get my hands on was fugly, I couldn't bring myself to buy it!!!

You do need two hands to fold it, but that wasn't an issue for me.

read Thrifty Thoughts and Common Cents!
4xMommy is offline   Reply With Quote