Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-01-2010, 07:50 AM   #1
dairyfarmermama
Registered Users

My Mood:
What is the craziest thing you did while in labor?

What I mean is did you do something not expected of a laboring mama?
I was too stubborn to let someone else feed my calves and do my other farm chores, so I did them myself. Contractions were coming ever 3 minutes and I remember having to stop and lean against the posts in the barn until the contraction was over and then I could go about my work again. Looking back now I probably would have saved that energy for the rest of labor seeing that my labor was almost 40 hours long...
What are your stories?

Advertisement

Old 12-01-2010, 08:01 AM   #2
blessedw/boys
Registered Users
seller

Re: What is the craziest thing you did while in labor?

DH and I painted hardy boards for the outside of our house the day I was in labor, I would stop w/ contrax and then start painting again after each one. We went to the hospital that night and I had Shawn 2hrs later. It was great I would much rather labor doing something to take my mind off of it, then labor in bed with nothing else to think about!
SAHM to my 4 boys...Shawn Christopher joined us OCT 26th @ 1:44AM & he's just perfect!
I need a Swagbuck referralGet something for nothing! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ShaunaTheMama
blessedw/boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:01 AM   #3
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

I tend to have cervical changes contractions from about 32 weeks on. When I was 37 weeks I went in with contractions, but they petered out at the hospital, like they usually did. I was 6 cm's with a bulging bag and I went home. I have really fast labors once my water breaks, and we were 30 minutes from the hospital, and I have medical conditions that require a hospital birth. I obviously wasn't thinking. My OB called me the next morning trying to get me to come in, but I refused. I went in the day after that day and had the baby at 38 weeks. Thankfully no jaundice (I'm rh sensitized), and she was healthy, but needed oxygen at the birth because she wouldn't cry. She's always been really sweet and laid back.

Last edited by Minniebees; 12-01-2010 at 08:02 AM. Reason: edited because I'm a moron and can't keep things straight.
Minniebees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:01 AM   #4
TwoDarlings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dairyfarmermama View Post
What I mean is did you do something not expected of a laboring mama?
I was too stubborn to let someone else feed my calves and do my other farm chores, so I did them myself. Contractions were coming ever 3 minutes and I remember having to stop and lean against the posts in the barn until the contraction was over and then I could go about my work again. Looking back now I probably would have saved that energy for the rest of labor seeing that my labor was almost 40 hours long...
What are your stories?
wow...... I have no interesting story, I was a total princess both times I was in labor
M and and mommy to darling #1 L and darling #2 G

Own your own business? Join me on Facebook for tips to optimize your biz!
TwoDarlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:09 AM   #5
octoberblush
Registered Users
seller
seller

I made DH go to Target with me and shop for about 2 hours for last minute baby stuff. I then went to hossy..was dilated 6 cms.. and had DD shortly after. DH is still picking on me about it!!
ISO- the remote. Always the dang remote.
octoberblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:09 AM   #6
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

I refused to leave the house until dp shaved. His mom was calling freaking out every 5 minutes or so cuz I was having contractions every 2-3 minutes for a few HOURS before we left the house. I was pacing around eating honeydew melon the whole time (I threw that all up, ick). By the time he finally finished shaving and packing the car my water broke on the driveway. I was most upset by the fact that I had to go change my clothes - it was 100 degrees out and the only other clean shorts I had that fit were white and navy blue and I was wearing a black shirt. Luckily it was hot out so I was waiting on the driveway and not IN the car - & as a bonus her head was so far down that she plugged it and I didn't leak at all. She was born less than 2 hrs after we got to the hospital.
moonlightblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:12 AM   #7
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had planned to go grocery shopping that day and so I was determined to no matter what. Regardless of the fact that I was having contractions and barely able to write my list because of them.

I was actually leaning on my cart during contractions and I was in labor daze already. I don't know WHAT I actually threw in my cart or how I managed to talk to the cashier. Contractions were only 3 minutes apart and I had my baby 5 hours after they started right before I went to the store.

BUT I was really glad when I got home from the hospital and we had groceries!
ReadingRenee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:22 AM   #8
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

Funny stories!!

We stopped and helped someone with car trouble on the side of the road on the way to the hospital with the first one.

And I was smiling and eating cheesy potatoes from Taco Bell less than 30 minutes before the third one was born.

That's all I've got.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:29 AM   #9
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My water ruptured, didn't break, as I was walking into Khol's to buy some comfy pants for the few weeks after I gave birth where nothing fits right. I drove myself home and decided I wanted to take some pregnancy pics. I had my husband get his camera, I got all pretty (new clothes, makeup, did hair, etc.) and we took some pictures. THEN we went to the hospital. We still got there too fast since my son wasnt' born until 36 hours later (and a c-section at that! ).
Old 12-01-2010, 08:30 AM   #10
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know how crazy it was...but my first was my only non-induced birth. My water broke at home, and the first thing I could think of was that they wouldn't let me eat once we got to the hospital. So I put on a big overnight pad and DH and I showered and then went to IHOP for breakfast (only thing open around here at 4 AM). By the time breakfast was over he no longer doubted me that it was the "real deal", LOL.
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote