Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-01-2010, 10:09 AM   #21
Momma_Rock
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is the craziest thing you did while in labor?

With #1 I *had* to scrub the bathroom. Full out toilet scrubbing, mopping, cleaning the back of the toilet, and scrubbing the tile in the shower.

With #3 I *had* to detail my car that day. I remember scrubbing the middle bench seat I had pulled out of the van and having contractions and thinking, "Man, I must be over doing it." But I didn't care, I didn't want to be induced on Monday. Then later that night, I was at Blockbuster, stopping to rest during contractions and leaning on the racks of movies. I got a lot of weird looks.

With #4, I *had* to sew crib bumpers, even thought he wouldn't be in the crib for months and months. My DH went to bed and I stayed up sewing. At midnight I realized I was in labor, so I told him and he went back to sleep. I took a bath, and DH slept. I packed the hospitals bags, and DH slept. I did make him carry the sleeping children out to the car, though. --My DH had gotten a bit of heatstroke that day and didn't feel well. And then I had to wait for him to make a pot of coffee and stop at the Jack in the Box drive through before we made it to the hospital.

Apparently I go into hyper crazy nest mode about 24 hours before I have a baby.

Advertisement

Old 12-01-2010, 10:14 AM   #22
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:

During the my first labor I had to hold my then BF (now DH) middle and ring fingers for about 6 hours....I held his left hand and I had to hold the pinky finger and ring finger of my mother on my right side... I was 17 and doing an all natural labor. My SIL was my birth coach and had wisdom tooth surgery that day, all 4 of them. She came in with her mouth stuffed with gauze looking like a chipmunk and all drugged up, I laughed forever! My mother was doing a golf tourny and said to please not have the baby on tuesday, and of course I did. My father was 2 hours away at a business meeting and had to rush down to the hospital.

During my second labor I stayed in the shower on all fours for 7 hours....I didnt move an inch. Got out, and had a baby.

My 4th baby was laughed out of me...I got an epidural and couldnt feel a thing and my OB was cracking jokes the whole time....everytime I laughed she came down and out!

We watched a football game while I was in labor with DS.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #23
MamaRachel
Registered Users
Formerly: *lsilver*
seller

My Mood:

My first was born on Christmas Eve, so it's Dec 23, like 10 pm. I'm having contractions like 5 mins apart and I forced my hubby to put together the baby swing and the bouncy seat. Not because I thought I needed them, but because I was afraid people would follow us home from the hospital and I wanted to use the boxes to hide the unwrapped Christmas presents in.

This was all after we'd gone shopping and to IHOP while I was having contractions earlier that day. I actually love shopping during early labor- the carts are just right to hang on!
Old 12-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #24
redneckmama4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I only had labor with the first 2 but with the first, I made sugar cookie's and just stayed busy for a long time. With our second, she started in the middle of the night and I slept through them, mostly, until about 4am. Then me and hubby drove into town. Along the way we stopped at a Circle K and I bought a disposible camera while in heavy labor. The young guy had the craziest, scared look on his face while I checked out .

The boys were not naturally delivered
Old 12-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #25
mom22sofar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well my first one was born on Christmas Day, and we lived 30 minutes out of town. I knew that I wouldn't be allowed to eat once I got there and was starving, but being Christmas virtually nothing was open. so I made DH go through the McDonalds drive thru while in labour so I could eat on my way there.

I always have really long labours, so with my third I kept putting off going to the hospital, by the time I got there she was crowning and it was a rocket delivery. My DH and I had a fight on the way there b/c he wanted me to put on my seatbelt and I couldn't do it-he threatened to stop the car-ummm...sure if you want to deliver the baby!
Old 12-01-2010, 11:17 AM   #26
jamiedsgirl
Registered Users
seller

My labor was less than seven hours (my first baby, too!) and my water had already broken and contractions were coming every minute, so I didn't have any time to do anything other than put the bags in the car, drop off the dog, and go to the hospital!
jamiedsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:29 AM   #27
Samo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i wouldnt get off the toilet when it was time to push. i ran at 10cm dilated from the bathroom to the bed.

DH took nyquil the night i went into labor so we stopped at a gas station so he could pick up energy drinks and beef jerky
Samo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #28
n3w2cl0th
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiedsgirl View Post
My labor was less than seven hours (my first baby, too!) and my water had already broken and contractions were coming every minute, so I didn't have any time to do anything other than put the bags in the car, drop off the dog, and go to the hospital!
show off! lol...

With #1 I was in horrible back labor for about 4 hours before I got my epidural and even then, the pressure was enough to render me incoherent at times....I pushed for an hour...and about 40 mins in to that I told my DH (through my Oxygen mask) that I didn't understand how back in the day before drugs women let their DH's KISS them again after the first baby, because knowing what I knew at that moment about the pain, were it not for the promise of drugs I would never allow him to touch me again! lol....

With #2 his labor was easier, my contrax looked like camel humps on the paper, one real big on and right as it let started to let up I would have another smaller one, and then 2 min of nothing...it went like this for the WHOLE 8 hours... my epi didnt work, because I had been sitting straight up for the whole thing trying to help him descend...lol... I pushed 3-5 times and he was out...after they took him, I stood up off the bed, declared I stank and needed a shower and started to walk out of the labor room to go to my room! lol...the nurse was like NOONONOOO...you need to let us wheel you down there in the wheelchair, and I said "WHY? I had a baby, not back surgery... I can walk...see" and proceeded to try to walk out again, my DH almost pushed me in the wheelchair! lol...I let them wheel me to my room and promptly got out of the chair and did "head shoulders knees and toes" to show them I was fine! and to leave me alone!
Old 12-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #29
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nothing too weird, but I do remember right around transition I kept asking if my dog had got fed that night. He was staying with my sister in law for the birth (we had a homebirth and he's super rowdy and kinda in the way) I made my mom call to make sure he was fed
Old 12-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #30
doubleddog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a very long labor, so there were lots of things, but I think the funniest things happened at the end of my labor.

During transition DH brought me a glass of water, thinking I was probably thirsty and laughed out loud when I dumped it over my head (I was SO hot). Then I ripped my hospital gown off and the fetal monitor belt too.

Oh, and during active labor just before transition I started chanting "sexy Eric, sexy Eric" over and over again to DH. The nurses got a real kick out of that one.

Just before the baby was born I started growling these loud deep growls and humming. It was just what felt good at the time so I did it. The nurses heard me doing that and knew I was really close to having the baby. Sure enough, they checked me and I was fully dilated and fully effaced.

DH made up a big long story to tell to me while I was in active labor because I kept telling him I needed to hear his voice, so I needed him just keep talking and that I didn't care what he said just as long as I could hear his voice. The story was about an archaeologist who went digging for dinosaur bones in the desert but found giant bananas buried in the sand instead.
Babywearing, CDing SAHM. I love my DH and my 3 sweet girls, looking forward to meeting team green baby #4 April 2013.
doubleddog is offline   Reply With Quote