Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-02-2010, 01:05 AM   #1
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Basically it's Thursday

Advertisement

Old 12-02-2010, 01:32 AM   #2
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethannp View Post
DH just put $82 of gas in the truck.

I was telling MIL how excited Levi is about Christmas stuff and how he was telling me about how the reindeer will fly and land on his roof and Santa will bring him presents. She asked me if he knew about Jesus' birth and the religious side of Christmas. He doesn't. That's not my religious belief, so it hadn't really occurred to me to teach him, Matt is Christian, I'm not sure why he hasn't talked to Levi about that, I'm certainly open to him learning all different view points. So she said she would tell him about it.

I felt a little guilty that I celebrate Christmas in a totally non-religious way, but even though I don't have the same religious beliefs as the majority of people, I still feel the need for community and shared holidays in my culture, and I think I deserve that. And a spirit of giving is a good thing, no matter what you believe in.

Quote:
Levi still has a fever... I don't get it. Waylon and I have the same stuffy nose symptoms, I think Waylon had a fever when I put him to bed last night, but it was gone by 5am when I got him to nurse, I think I had a fever for a few hours this afternoon, gone now though. Why is Levi's lasting all day? Poor little guy, I hope he'll fight this off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebekahG77 View Post
I saw the kmart deals, Adelle Nice prices!

On Santa... both of our kids know it's pretend, but that it's okay to pretend and have fun. I would love to teach them more about how the idea of "santa" came about and the history behind the real man.

Obviously, we're Bible-believing Christians, so we definitely put an emphasis on Jesus' birth.
We do Saint Nick on the 6th of December in Germany. He usually makes an appearance in the kindergartens and hands out Dambedei men (it's a sweetbread man), the kids are told if they clean their shoes and put them out that Saint Nick will bring them a little something and we go along with that story and put a little chocolate money in their shoes. The kids are told the story of Saint Nick in kindergarten and in school in Germany....I hadn't heard of it until I got ere though.

The kids know there is no St Nick now, that were are remembering his birth. We dont say Santa Claus comes at Christmas nor do we buy gifts from Santa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmomma View Post
Hey mamas!!

M E L

I wanted to pop in and say I MISS YOU I don't think I have EVER been this stressed or overextended in my life. I'm trying to stay strong and hold it together and so far, so good. Hopefully I can make it through this month and things will me MUCH better.

I don't know if I told you guys this, but Violet gets SSI because she was born so early and I recieved a letter about a few weeks ago that they overpaid her by $2,500 and now I have to pay it back. Her SSI is the only reason I am able to stay home with her, and work as little as I do. However, apparently even one day a week is too much. The really messed up thing is I sent them my paystubs MONTHS ago and they just got around to analyzing them to figure out she was being overpaid. So pissed. If they would have figured it out when I sent it, I would have worked less or been paid less and not in this position. UGH!!! So, now I have to figure out how much I can work to get the full amount each month, because for every dollar I make, they take it away. It makes no sense for me to work because I'm working for nothing and it's more important for me to be home with her. UGH

We leave in 2 weeks for my surgery I think I'm more nervous about taking V on the plane and having her with us than the surgery? Crazy

V has been sick for almost a month and the docs finally gave her an antibiotic a few days ago and she's getting better now. She had feeding therapy this morning and did not put ONE BITE in her mouth She wouldn't even touch most of it. She is eating very little. hardly anything. I went to the store today and spent $140 on different things for her to try. I may as well flush my money down the toilet because she's not going to eat it anyway.

Sorry for getting on and unloading my problems I do get on and read the thread late at night sometimes after everyone is asleep. I have major insomnia right now and have been going to bed at like 4 am.

We are going to get a tree now and decorate tonight. That should be fun. I told Ryan if it wasn't done this week, it wasn't happening. With everything going on and a trip in 2 weeks, I just can't.

Miss and love you all

Wooly Wed

In good news, I have lost 18 lbs in 2 months 10 more to go!
Sorry about the mess up

GL with your surgery Melissa!

V is so cute!

Quote:
crappy pics of sickie boy in his dino hoodie, MIL just finished sewing the zipper tonight

[/QUOTE]

LOVE IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondance View Post
That would be a definite possibility if I ate eggs. I haven't had any except baked into things in at least a month.
Fynn is allergic to eggs in every form. Even in cakes, cookies and anything else you might find it in. I would go with the eggs first and see how it goes.

Fynn has no rash in his diaper area so his doctor worked out that Urine is good for his skin and prescribed him a cream with it in it. You can buy the same cream at the chemist. I think you can get 2% cream and 5% cream. Fynn has the 5% cream because the 2% wasn't strong enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy View Post
do kids really get mad at their parents for "lying" about Santa? I really cant imagine being upset at my parents over that. We dont do Santa for other reasons but i grew up with him.

Oh btw. had a mw visit today and i am dilating a bit so it looks like i will likely have a baby in the next month And he's not engaged, probably station -3, which is good bc he needs to turn his little self over! Spinning babies has not rolled over this stubborn lo yet
I didn't get mad at my parents, I found our gifts spread out on their bed one day and never said anything about it. Why? I was happy I was getting nice stuff...who cares about that? I didn't. It's just a fun story. Shannon knows there is no Santa and is learning it's ok for little kids to believe that if they want to.

for a newbie soon!
Old 12-02-2010, 01:47 AM   #3
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well I have had a crappy morning and It's only 9am

The doctor was sh!ty....I asked what the marks were and was told to wait until he'd finished typing. I waited and got a half explanation, Only that I need to apply a cream and to come back 4 weeks after that. I said I'm still nursing and he said "For how much longer?".....Um, until he's done with it! I asked if it was serious and would it matter if it waited another year? He said it may increase but that it wasn't serious....IDK, I wasn't happy with his explanation of what I have. I dont even have a real name for whatever it is.

He was half way out the door when I said, "wait! What about the results of the kids tests".....well he knows nothing about that. I was told it I would get them when I come to my appointment, that there would be time allocated for that. He gets shirty with me because he knew nothing about it. Then he has his nurse look it up on the computer while he goes to another patient. I'm really annoyed now, all I wanted was for him to pay long enough attention to me so I knew what was wrong with me and give me the kids results but I got neither and he's still only interested in going and seeing someone else.

She see on the computer that there was no test. I was there when they took the skin scraping....well she wasn't there so she doesn't know anything.

That's when I just decide I'm done and leave. What's the point? I already worked out I cant be treated for as long as I'm nursing and they have no results on their computer for the kids so I'M OUTATHERE...cross and just want to get home.

I get to my car and have Fynn in the buggy, I'm opening the car and someone else turns on their car while scraping the windows....the fumes shoot all over Fynn and it stinks! So I grab him and get him in the car quick.

I get home, get Fynn out of his coat and open all the blinds, make myself a cup of tea and start to get changed as I go to put on my t-shirt Fynn grabs my tea.....that was put far back on my desk, he had to move my huge chair and squeeze into a tiny space to get to it....and tips it over the Christmas photos and nearly on the laptop again!

I'm done for the day!!!!

I called Heiner and told him point proven, I need a different computer...one safe from tea tipping monsters!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 02:29 AM   #4
vmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the support mama's We had fun putting up the tree and decorating. V thought the ornaments were balls and began throwing them as such. Well, lets just say glass ornaments don't bounce She was helping put them on the tree and it was super cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy View Post
Melissa about the ssi and the food and all the stress! for the weight loss though!

Faith, I posted too - i kid you not, i have the same looking stuff on my ankles tonight. My money is on a combo of the cold and the socks i wore bc they have detergent on them from my inlaws.

i had a lot of mqing but its late now so i guess i'll head to bed.

do kids really get mad at their parents for "lying" about Santa? I really cant imagine being upset at my parents over that. We dont do Santa for other reasons but i grew up with him.

Oh btw. had a mw visit today and i am dilating a bit so it looks like i will likely have a baby in the next month And he's not engaged, probably station -3, which is good bc he needs to turn his little self over! Spinning babies has not rolled over this stubborn lo yet
Thanks Tricia Is the baby breech? He better hurry and turn that little but around

Quote:
Melissa

crappy pics of sickie boy in his dino hoodie, MIL just finished sewing the zipper tonight

Thanks Beth I LOVE that hoodie It's super cute. I saw on last nights thread about your contemplating insurance. I don't have insurance and although it would royally suck if something major happened, I don't go to the doctor enough to justify the premiums. Not to mention the deductibles, co-pays and out of pocket expenses WITH insurance. I am much better off going to the medi-clinic and paying $50 when I get sick, then flushing hundreds down the drain. If something happens major, I will pay it off at $50/month until the day I die I applied for private insurance after I had V and was only working PRN, and was denied because of my incompetent cervix?? The coverage I was applying for did NOT even have maternity!!! So, now since I have a pre-existing condition I won't qualify for insurance until I no longer have a uterus, or have a tubal ligation. b s

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Faith, my money is on eggs. Rosie looked like that with her dairy allergy. It took a full month for the rash to go away. But from what I hear about egg allergies, they are WAY worse than dairy usually.

Melissa, did you ever try the zinc? I put Rosie back on it, but the tablet kind and it took longer to kick in this time. Suddenly the past week she is eating like a champ. IDK how it works, but it does. Maybe iron too? That always makes me hungry, whenever I have had to take iron supplements.

Is it sad that I don't remember when I found out about Santa? I still got stuff from Santa until I had kids of my own. I think he stopped bringing me stuff when I stopped going to my parents' house every Xmas.
I *bought* the zinc, but I'm unsure of the dose to give her and how to give it. I need to look into it, or maybe you will know. They are 50 mg tabs. I think that would be too much. I wonder if 25 mg would be a good dose? I could probably crush it up and put it in....hmmmm...h e l l, I have no idea because she won't eat off a spoon! So, I would have to crush it, mix it with water and put it into a syringe and down the hatch.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:32 AM   #5
vmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My word Janine!! You have had an horrid morning and that doc is an idiot. Did he tell you the name of what you had? What was the name of the cream he was going to give you? Odds are, he doesn't know diddly about whether or not the medication is safe while BF'ing and it *probably* is just fine. If he would have explained what you had, the medication you could have taken it and done your own research.

Who turned on the car? I'm confused about that
Old 12-02-2010, 02:33 AM   #6
vmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My word Janine!! You have had an horrid morning and that doc is an idiot. Did he tell you the name of what you had? What was the name of the cream he was going to give you? Odds are, he doesn't know diddly about whether or not the medication is safe while BF'ing and it *probably* is just fine. If he would have explained what you had, the medication you could have taken it and done your own research.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:04 AM   #7
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmomma View Post

No, he didn't tell me the name of what I have or the cream.

Just some random person who was scraping the snow/ice off their car.

Fynn is being a total PITA today. He is destroying everything he can get his hands on....I can hardly wait for nap time today!
Old 12-02-2010, 03:06 AM   #8
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey Jen....I just got this pattern for the hats. I had one similar when I was a kid. I think it will look great done with the colours I have
Old 12-02-2010, 03:19 AM   #9
vmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hope your day gets better, Janine. I guess I should go to bed. I have to work tonight..blah. The past 3 times I have worked have been h e l l. Hopefully tomorrow is better

Have a good day everyone
Old 12-02-2010, 04:21 AM   #10
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Janine!
I hope the day gets better after the tea tipping monster takes a nap! Doctors can be so insensitive!

Today is Bennett's second birthday! The big 2! It's official, he's a big boy now!

DH took the day off, we will go somewhere fun and plan to have a little family party with cake and ice cream and gifts after dinner with the girls. I still have to get decorations, cake, ice cream, wrap gifts, etc. Good thing DH is home today!

He us goingvto eat lunch with Elli and be the mystery reader for her class. I would love to be a fly on the wall for that!

Last edited by stephcrouse; 12-02-2010 at 04:22 AM.
stephcrouse is offline   Reply With Quote