Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-02-2010, 04:46 AM   #11
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Thursday

Advertisement

jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:51 AM   #12
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning Janine and Steph.

Hope you got some sleep M3

Janine the doc is an A$$ and I would make him send you in writing the name of what you have and the type of cream. Also sounds like he forgot to send the the girls scrapping in for testing. IDIOT! Sorry about the tea to. What a sucky morning. Hope nap time was successful.

Steph hope you have a great day with DH. I cant wait until Jerry can do some parent volunteering in a class for MH. The teacher will love him.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:11 AM   #13
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Santa....
I was brought up reading the Christmas story as a family before out Christmas Day meal. My parents have a version with gorgeous renaissance art images. Simply a beautiful book. On Christmas Eve, we went to midnight mass (actually usually at 9 or 10 pm) as a family and returned home to open the Santa presents that came when we were at Church. I probably believed in Santa longer than most children because my siblings were from 4-10 years older than me and loved that I still believed. They had fun making it real for me. We always had a roaring fire in the fireplace, one year I asked how Santa would get in if the fire was going. That night they made sure I was in the second car coming home from Church and one of them opened a window a crack and made a "Santa" footprint in the carpet then they all made sure I was sitting in the chair near the open window so I could find it and see the footprint. My siblings were always so cool to me I just never believed the kids at school that told me Santa wasn't real. My Mom and Dad continued to do Santa gifts until we were all off to college.
I also remember every year a week or so before Christmas my parents locked themselves in their bedroom and WRAPPED all the presents. When I was 12 or so my Mom realized I loved wrapping and I was good at it so from there on out she would give me all the presents that could be taped shut in a white box with a name and I would wrap them all. put on fancy bows and make fancy name tags. It was great fun.
I also remember the look on my Dad's face when one of us got a certain special gift. He gets such joy from giving gifts.

Last edited by jwjbbrown; 12-02-2010 at 05:13 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:16 AM   #14
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My parents both grew up poor and had many Christmases where an aunt or uncle supplied the presents to the kids in their families because their own parents could not afford gifts. Christmas was a special time in my family. My Dad AND my Mom loved shopping to find the right sweater or the right toy for each of us. My parents got great joy from providing a bit of a bounty on Christmas each year. We never got an excessive number of gifts and we only got gifts from our parents. Never from our grandparents or aunts or uncles.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:18 AM   #15
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really like this sweater style may have to get the pattern and just go for it

Last edited by jwjbbrown; 12-02-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:19 AM   #16
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And now I am talking to myself...off to the shower I go
Old 12-02-2010, 05:30 AM   #17
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

morning all.... Soory about hte docs Janine. Can you switch? I worked a horridly long day yesterday. Ugh 13 hours and i am up for a long one today too.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:38 AM   #18
bethsflutterby
Just a sinner saved by grace.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

morning mamas.

I'm still yucky feeling from meds, now AF decided to come early and I NEED some coffee!

I'm going to be doing laundry and disinfecting EVERYTHING again...since every single kid in the house is sick
David(11)Lolly(9)Maddy(7 on 8/25!)Yuyi(5.6) & Ana(4)

bethsflutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:45 AM   #19
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh peggy
Old 12-02-2010, 06:00 AM   #20
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So I had a great evening with my friend last night. Such kind and good man. He and his wife have 5 great kids. They really want to move back to NM and that would be FANTASTIC if they did