Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2010, 05:12 AM   #11
mel j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Strike?? Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakari View Post
yep, DD did the standing to poo thing, too. Luckily she was okay with using the bathtub - so I never had to be more creative than that... but Mel has answers if I ever need more creativity in that area!

Have fun going diaperless in Jan, you two! Here's my advice... Be Lazy.

My philosophy about making the "jump" from diapers or trainers to braving the undies or diaperless - don't think of it as a "jump" or scary - or a big deal at all! Think of it as .... LAZY. That's the honest-to-goodness reason that we ever took DD anywhere without a diaper the first time - we were both just too lazy to go change her! I didn't honestly think we'd keep her dry the whole time we were gone, so I grabbed dipes and clothes for changing - then we didn't end up needing them!

all because of laziness! It's totally more work to change a diaper than use a toilet - I think we could probably all agree on that, right? So BE LAZY! It's easier to toss some clothes in the wash than to wipe up messy bums - so Be lazy! It's easier to leave a baby diaperless and keep towels on the floor than to check the diaper every 5 seconds all day long! (besides, who wants that?!) so, Be Lazy! Just leave it off!

Have fun! and Be Lazy!

(p.s. no pressure or anything but 2 under 2 out of dipes would be Super cool - you should make the guiness book of mommy records with that one! well, you and MeCo7707 - she's probably pretty close too )
Hehe, two 2 and under, my son is 2 now! But he was under 2 when he was out of diapers so I did have two under 2 barely in diapers for awhile! and yes, sometimes at home I am too lazy to put diapers on her, last night both my LO's were running around pants free for awhile! It's just when I'm too tired to deal with misses (which seems like most of the time these days)! lol She stays dry all the time when out and most of the time at night, maybe I should try letting her go diaperless for those times. I actually already did try that (for night and naps), and most times were okay... but that was before I hurt my neck! But it's fine now, so my only excuse is tiredness

You're so right though, it really wouldn't be a big deal at all to make the jump! I should go back to bed while my LO's are actually sleeping and maybe I won't feel too tired to try to go w/o using diapers again today! Hehe it IS such a pain to get them on her sometimes! (No wonder! Esp. if she is ready to be done with them! )

Advertisement

mel j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:07 AM   #12
mel j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh and to your LO!
mel j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #13
Sakari
Registered Users

yeah!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, some days it feels like the biggest jump in the whole world! Don't get me wrong! But choosing to approach it as "lazy" I think can take some of the pressure off. at least for me. and tiredness is a perfectly good "Excuse" in my book! Yeah, DD had a stretch where she stayed dry out and about much more than at home. I don't really know why that was. Maybe I watched her closer for cues and stuff? IDK.

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #14
Fleece Be With You
Registered Users
OperaDiva
seller

Sakari, DS had a stretch like that too! He stayed dry at church like 6 weeks in a row, then hit a strike, and now we have trouble in public. I kind of wish we had a minivan or something so he could go in the car on a BBLP, but he won't go in the back of our Maxima since it's so cramped.
Jessica, wife to L (8-5-05) Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, CDing, ECing, babywearing Mama to H (9-18-09), my miracle baby! TTC #2!
I make and sell Fleece side-snap ConvertoTrainers! WAHM page Hyenacart Facebook Page
My Ovulation Chart
Fleece Be With You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #15
cocoabean572
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

this is a great thread. My ds has been on a pause for a looong time. he sits on the potty again - finally. he still waits until we put his diaper on to pee though. DS is 15 months so I think i will give it a little more time but as soon as the spring hits its time to get rid of the diapers.