Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-02-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
wildsissy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question EBFing, when do you get YOU time? (warning, small rant/vent)

just curious.. not that I'm "sick" of my DD, totally in love with her BUT there are times when she will lay down for a nap and wake up just 15 minutes later. Usually I've managed to get in the shower and can hear her screaming or have gone downstairs and started unloading or loading the dishwasher. I'm getting NOTHING done, my house has been a total STY for 5 full months (she's 5 months old).. I don't know how other ladies work and have babies, those women are amazing to me now.

I have a 16 year old but I worked only 4 hours a day after I had him and lived with my parents, my grandma, my sister as well as his father. I had help 24/7, it wasn't my house, I only helped make dinner/clean the house, my dad did ALL THE LAUNDRY (including my boyfriends), and there was always someone around if I wanted to run an errand (by myself) or go to the bathroom. Also, I wasn't bfing with him.. he was only bottle fed so it was easier to leave him with people.

My 5mo DD still will not take a bottle, I've tried it all. anyway.. sorry for my vent/rant.. just curious how you do it all???

Advertisement

L♥VING MY WAHM PRODUCTS I FOUND HERE ON DIAPERSWAPPERS!! Homemade natural bath/skin products & candles from Alexanders Additions http://www.alexandersadditions.com/ and MAMA CLOTH great prices, amazing well made pads and she does custom work too visit The Silver Liner here.. http://hyenacart.com/stores/TheSilverLiner/
wildsissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:28 PM   #2
cinderella08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: EBFing, when do you get YOU time? (warning, small rant/vent)

With a 2 year old and a 3 month old I totally understand.... Just work through the day, take it hour by hour and you just do it. My ONLY "me" time is a 5 minute shower daily when my hubby gets home from work (he works 2 jobs and is gone 7 days a week from 4:45am to 7pm).
Expecting Oakley Lennon in March 2015!
cinderella08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:19 PM   #3
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I get my alone time after my kids to bed. I don't get much done and my house is a mess. Nap time is hit or miss. I have 5 kids 5 and under, including 2 sets of twins, almost 3 years and almost 8 months. It's rough sometimes, but it is a season of life that will pass. I have found that I will feel frustrated with it at times but it passes fairly quickly. The frustration comes in spurts and is short lived. Overall, I love my life and am perfectly fine with it. But, it's normal to feel like you don't have enough time, like you want to do what you want to and be left alone, or just frustrated with it. Right now, I'm feel frustrated with nursing. I've been nursing twins for 7 months now. I nursed my other set for 16 months. I did have a year break in between. But, right now, I'm not loving it and I want my body back. Will I stop, NO WAY! I'll just be frustrated for a week or two and then get over it and I'll be glad I didn't throw in the towel. But, I know how you feel. I bet it will pass.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #4
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

My house is a mess too, I have a 4 yr old, 2 yr old, and a 6 month old. STUFF is just everywhere, I feel like I'm constantly picking things up.

One thing I've recently figured out is how to use my carrier to hold my baby on my back, it allows me to have hands free to get stuff done when she's awake and won't tolerate being alone in a high chair, jumpy toy, or exersaucer. It also keeps her safe from her older siblings hurting her. I have the Infantino carrier, I really like it!
Old 12-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #5
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think you might wantt o look into the No Cry Sleep solutions, sounds more like she doesn't rest well, if she napped for an hour 3 times a fay you could get some stuff done.

Just a thought.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #6
Willismom3
Registered Users

My Mood:

try wearing her in a front pack. I had to do that with my preemie middle girl. you have 2 hands and can get some things done. If your milk supply is running low, try some Oatmeal for breakfast or granola. It will increase it (so will beer, but I'm not a huge drinker while nursing or otherwise). Hope you can get some peace and quiet!
Willismom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #7
cacasey1981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Babywearing and working on getting a nap schedule down.

As for the bottles - try having someone else give some EBM in a bottle while you're in the shower, taking a walk - basically some place where your lo can't see you.

If you get some solid nap times down you'll be able to get a lot more done
Wife to Brandon - my high school sweetheart (Oct 00), delaying vaccs as best we can and WOH parents to Trent (Nov 08) our intact, formerly ERF, slightly son and Lilly (May 12) our , maybe one day , and (for now) daughter (my hypnobaby).
cacasey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:20 PM   #8
kangasox
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, wearing baby in a carrier is a good solution. And for supply, like OP said, oatmeal, but lactation cookies are a great way to do it in tasty fashion! I noticed a big difference! Same boat here. House is usually a mess, I am not sure when I really get me time. As with my older daughter, left on her own, the baby naps about 30 minutes several times a day, but as she is my second, I guess I have kind of accepted it. If I sit with her in the afternoon when my 3-year-old naps, I can get her to nap a little longer, but it's constantly soothing her/putting pacifier in when she stirs, otherwise she wakes herself up. My older daughter eventually started napping well, but not until around 9 months (and I read somewhere that is normal and physiologically appropriate) and I try to remind myself it's only a short period and one day they'll be big and I won't have to think about it.
kangasox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:28 PM   #9
wildsissy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

the carrier ideas are good ideas but I can't get much done because she's always into things I'm doing.. I have to try the back carrier ideas though.. I just bought a new non stretchy wrap because I had a moby and read it wasn't safe to carry a baby on your back with stretchy material.

not sure about the supply issue... I have none so I'm not sure why everyone is giving me advice on that??? My mom is an LC got that covered! (thank god) lol!
L♥VING MY WAHM PRODUCTS I FOUND HERE ON DIAPERSWAPPERS!! Homemade natural bath/skin products & candles from Alexanders Additions http://www.alexandersadditions.com/ and MAMA CLOTH great prices, amazing well made pads and she does custom work too visit The Silver Liner here.. http://hyenacart.com/stores/TheSilverLiner/
wildsissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:35 PM   #10
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

carriers saved my sanity still do with my almost 2 year old who decides to have nursing marathon days (those days I'll font carry and nurse her in the carrier while doing things) back carries are my fav though. My suggestion would be to practice putting your babe up on your back a little without a wrap and make a game of it so she gets used to it and lots of practice putting her up and taking her off with the carrier as well.

As for not taking a bottle, have you tried a sippy cup instead? DD refused a bottle and eventually we went to sippy cups, the straw ones worked the best for us when she got the hang of it. But its worth a try if you haven't already