Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #1
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
You can throw tomatoes at me, but still want your input! ;) Disposable dipes...

We just use dipes at night now and I have HEAVY wetters. No matter when I cut off drinking they are still soaked and soaked the bed every.single.night and I have to change twice.

If you use or used in the past, spoises. What brand did you find worked the very best at night? I've tried Luvs and Parent's Choice . Open to all input!

I really miss CD'ing but the school my son is at will not allow them at all, and my DH, God bless him [as I say through gritted teeth ] swears up and down that they ruined our washer and when he bought me my new FL'ers he put his foot down and said no more. He's really compromised on everything else parenting wise but this was it!

Anyway, thanks for the input or suggestions!

Advertisement

Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
mekat
Registered Users

Re: You can throw tomatoes at me, but still want your input! ;) Disposable dipes...

Huggies overnights with a disposable diaper doubler worked well for us in the past.
mekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
sukhayogi
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: You can throw tomatoes at me, but still want your input! ;) Disposable dipes...

I used huggies with DS for nights and it worked fine, but he is not a heavy wetter. I have a friend who could not find a good solution even w/sposies, so she would put her DS into a 7th generation sposie and a ME OS w/cover over it and that worked for them. GL!
Old 12-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #4
travelmama24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have used Huggies Overnites since DD was 9 months old. I'm always amazed at how much pee she can produce at night! There are mornings when I swear her dipe weighs 3lbs! Even with Overnites, we have the occassional wetting through, but that's only once or twice a month. They hold ALOT!!!!
travelmama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
JoelleB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My girls are both super soakers so much that i use sposies at night.. I use luvs and they seem to fit the bill..Haven't had a problem yet..
Old 12-03-2010, 11:48 AM   #6
AQW
Registered Users
seller

Back in the day pampers were pretty good for us. Although they have probably changed by now (8 years ago). I have seen those disposable diaper doublers too. I know my cousin used to put incontinence pads in hers and said they worked really well. Which makes perfect sense!
Old 12-03-2010, 11:58 AM   #7
diana51
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmama24 View Post
We have used Huggies Overnites since DD was 9 months old. I'm always amazed at how much pee she can produce at night! There are mornings when I swear her dipe weighs 3lbs! Even with Overnites, we have the occassional wetting through, but that's only once or twice a month. They hold ALOT!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #8
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I'm not sure....the sposies I know of don't seem to last more than 4 to 5 hours at max before leaking.

But I'm going to throw a tomato at you anyway!

What about using fleece pants/longies over the disposables for extra absorbency? Or maybe even wool? If he poops out of it you would have to wash sheets anyway so it's not like you are using the washer for diapers again.

You can handwash wool too if that makes a difference in the machine. You CAN get a few brands of machine washable wool though.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:03 PM   #9
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

Earth's Best held better for my DD than Huggies overnights and I loved that they had fewer chemicals, too.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:06 PM   #10
Little Miss Kate
Registered Users
Formerly: JAMs Wife
seller

When we have to use disposibles, it is Pampers in our house

My BLOG - Check out the Giveaways going on now!!!
Little Miss Kate is offline   Reply With Quote