Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Is it EC or my DS?

We have been ECing since DS was about 5 weeks old. It seems that what he has gotten the most from it is the ability to better hold and empty his bladder when the potty is offered. Over time I have clearly noticed his ability to better empty his bladder at each catch, sometimes his misses are much smaller and when we offer the potty after he still pees.

Ok so with all that DS has been able to stay dry over night since he was maybe 6-8 months old. He has some wet mornings were he pees on waking before we get to the potty once every few weeks or so, and he night peed a few times when teething in the middle of the night, but these I a count on one hand since the age he started to be dry over night. Is this just DS's norm, or do you think EC might have helped? I hate to tell friends ECing has helped when it's just DS.

To add I am like this too, I rarely ever need to pee at night. Even pregnant the most I ever got up at night was twice, and that was barely ever, in fact I rarely got up at all most nights until I was 8-9 months and might get up once at night then.

Advertisement

Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is it EC or my DS?

I think it's EC- Claire pees at night now about 50% of the time, but will ALWAYS hold it when she wakes in the morning and wait for the potty. I feel like she pees sometimes at night because she can't hold it all in if I don't take her from 10 pm-7 am. But if I take her around 10 or 10:30, usually she will be able hold it until the morning.

After all of these "heavy wetter at night" threads that Isee, I definitely thing that EC helps them to not pee at night as much.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's funny you mention those threads, that is what got me thinking about all this. I mean DS can be a heavy wetter, but I have never used a special nighttime diaper, because they are typically dry in the morning. Dang, one more reason to love Ec
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Same here- I never use anything that is more absorbant than my daytime diapers- sometimes just a few bamboo/hemp soakers. If she pees then they will work, and if not, then it's a bonus
Old 12-03-2010, 03:38 PM   #5
Sakari
Registered Users

Yep, I think it's EC, too

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:03 AM   #6
Selene
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I totally think it's EC too. We just started ECing at 9 months. Before EC, DS would have a totally soaked nighttime diaper and it would even leak at times. I had to use a special nighttime diaper (Happy Hempy with a Superdo under wool) to prevent leaks. Now he wakes up dry at times...not so much now that he is teething, but even when he wakes up wet it is less than before and usually still warm so I figure he peed right when waking up and I didn't get him to the potty in time. Anyway, I can use a less absorbant dipe at night now too...yay! Just another way EC rocks.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #7
niftysmith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We've only been EC'ing for a month and a half and I've already noticed a difference at nights. Eli goes to bed sometime around 8pm (sometimes earlier, sometimes later) and wakes up again around 10-11 to pee. He goes right to sleep after that. I've noticed a big difference in how soaked his night time diaper is—he's had several dry nights and most nights he's only slightly wet, as if he pees once in the night. He holds it until he wakes up in the morning, usually around 6am.

Lately, I've been able to take him to the potty at 6am and nurse him back to sleep for another hour or more. I love it.

He still nurses at night and I bet I could potty him when he wakes up to eat around 3 or 4am, but usually, I just get him from his room and bring him into bed with us for the rest of the night instead, without bothering to stop at the potty.

I love that I'm doing less diaper laundry!

freelance graphic designer open for business - my portfolio | my etsy
niftysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:09 AM   #8
Selene
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, this thread has emboldened me...I put DS in just a OCV Clover tonight under his woolies. Wish me luck and dry sheets for tomorrow morning!
Old 12-09-2010, 01:06 AM   #9
Sakari
Registered Users

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:48 AM   #10
wild fire child
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did not EC, but my DS doesn't pee while asleep (big pee first thing upon waking though) so I do think it can depend on the kid.
wild fire child is offline   Reply With Quote