Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2010, 12:12 AM   #1
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Basically it's the weekend!

Advertisement

Old 12-04-2010, 12:18 AM   #2
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's the weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeliaGreen View Post
They're cute! Pattern?
http://www.etsy.com/listing/62687143...sewing-pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethsflutterby View Post
Janine-

David takes a shower in the morning and then:

the baby/Ana/Maddy bathe together
Olivia/Elizabeth together
James/Jahiem together

in that order.....
All on the same day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumstoppers View Post
why is it so hard to get an almost 4 yr to pick up?
IDK why is it just as hard to get a 5.5 year old and a nearly 8 year old to clean up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Oh, and this is the cake that I am going to try to make tomorrow. Loosely based, since I am going to change up the colours and I want to give the fish a fin on the bottom too. But still, I hope it works out okay!
Ohhhhh I love that cake!!!

Quote:
For E's goody bags, we got some stickers and a small sticker album, glowstick bracelets, lollipops, animal tracers, knock-off Silly Bands, and some small plastic animals. Oh, and each kiddo gets to take home a helium balloon at the end of the party too.
I wanna come to the party and get a party bag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
MELLLLLLLLLLLLL we downloaded that episode of Jamie Oliver and Jerry's big mural is in one of the shots. The show itself was really good. Jerry was impressed with it. How cool is it that Jerry's mural is in it!!!!!!!!!!
I have to watch it again now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin13 View Post
did you guys see that Mike's MRI is clear? Having a mom who works in radiology is very nice - no waiting the weekend for the Dr's office to call

I think Ty is not feel well. But, I can't tell if he's just VERY tired and cranky or if his cold is starting to get worse.
That's great...but leaves things unanswered. What's next?

Quote:
Oh my gosh. The leading story on the news tonight was that a man at a Toronto Public Library branch was shot with a crossbow by his son and later died. It happened in front of a bunch of kids who were at the library. What the heck are people thinking??? Seriously? Ack.

I hope that Chloie has a good party tomorrow!

We're off to bed. Somewhat busy day tomorrow. Cake baking and decorating, goody bag packing, and just general party prep. Oh, and Ru is going to a co-workers birthday tomorrow night for supper, so it'll just be E and I. Need to plan what to make for us for supper.
Oh wow...That's terrible.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:01 AM   #3
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Why am I up at 6am on Saturday morning?!
I don't remember signing up for early wake up...
Old 12-04-2010, 06:11 AM   #4
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning we are up and at'em to start getting ready for the balloons. MH slept for 11 hours and is not coughing as much so we are going to go as planned. If she gets to feeling punky we will come home early. I am currently folding diapers and getting our layers planned. It actually is not too bad for cold this morning, it will 20 or so by the time we are on the field.
After the balloons we are taking the girls to breakfast, it should be fun.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:26 AM   #5
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning mamas! Yay for balloons!

Today is party day! For the girls, for ST's Chloie, for Me and Ru's E! Good luck everyone and happy birthday!

Thank goodness for coffee, that's all I have to say. Second cup.

Great goody bags Mel. We are just doing a mylar balloon tied to a 24pk of crayons (that we bought at the back to school sales). We do mylar so we have the option of picking them up the day before, and they have less chance of popping. So since they are a little more than a regular balloon, we just do that and the crayons. Usually a big hit.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:28 AM   #6
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

SQUEEE! The kids' dinos are ready! Didn't Kari#1 do a great job?

Last edited by cherylchoo; 12-04-2010 at 06:30 AM.
cherylchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:36 AM   #7
ruvalokiteshvara
Registered Users

My Mood:

Have fun at the balloons, Jen! I remember growing up in Plano, Texas - I think that in the ballooning world, there was a bit of rivalry between the Plano and the Gallup balloon festivals. (Likely Plano had pretensions at being the biggest and best, and Gallup laughed at us!)

Thanks for the good party wishes, Cheryl - ours is actually tomorrow! Only one thing left to do today - I was supposed to do little colouring books at work this week, but it was so out of control that I didn't get them done. So I am headed into my office this afternoon to do them up really quickly. There is a website that has something like 70 different Finding Nemo colouring pages, so I am going to do three or four back and front pages, with a colourful cover, for each kid.

Our dino arrived yesterday too! It is awesome - I don't have a photo of it yet though. And the boy is all over me like flypaper this morning.

Freethinker - Free Ranger - Free for All
ruvalokiteshvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:54 AM   #8
ruvalokiteshvara
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh, and I forgot to tell everyone about the best part of yesterday.

So Mel and I went to the sticker outlet, and it only took ten minutes, so we decided to hit Dollarama before I dropped her off at school for lunch monitoring. I wasn't sure if Dollarama was cash only, so we stopped at the ATM and got $40. Of course, once we got there, we realized that they take debit, so we needn't have bothered. Anyway, we got our stuff at Dollarama and STILL had half an hour until Mel needed to be at the school (and we were two blocks from the school).

So then we went to Walmart to pick up loot bags and waste some time. Mission accomplished! Dropped Mel off at school. Went home and grabbed Ezra's letter to Santa to mail. Headed to the toy store for sea animals in tubes. Check. Headed to Bulk Barn for candy to decorate the cake. Check. After all was said and done, I still had a $20 bill, so I was going to go deposit it back in the bank. (Cash doesn't last around here. I know it is counter-intuitive, but if we want to spend less money, we use our debit cards and no cash.)

Pulled up at the drive-thru ATM as the car in front of me drove away, looked at the machine, and realized there is $100 hanging out of the cash dispenser. (ATMs for our bank give you your card back first, then give you your money. I know they do it to keep your account and access to it more secure, but I hate it for just this reason - if you are in a hurry, it can be a costly mistake to drive off and leave your withdrawal hanging out of the wall. Whereas most people who find a card hanging out of the wall will just take it into the bank and turn it in. But anyway.)

So I grabbed the hundred bucks, gunned it around the corner into the parking lot, started honking and tailgating the car that had gone through in front of me.

And I did this for like 10 or 12 blocks. I followed this guy ALL THE WAY HOME, honking, tailgating, trying to pull up beside him at every stop sign waving five $20 bills in my windshield!

He was grateful once I finally got his attention, as he was turning into the parking lot at his townhome complex. I am just glad that there were no cops around - rolling through stop signs, tailgating like a crazed maniac, shouting out my window and honking!

I just know how catastrophic a loss $100 would be to us and I couldn't not do it!

Fun times! So what did I end up doing with the $20 bill I was going to deposit? I took it to Starbucks, of course!

Freethinker - Free Ranger - Free for All
ruvalokiteshvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:54 AM   #9
bethsflutterby
Just a sinner saved by grace.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

morning mamas.

our party is tomorrow too I'm ing for good/nice weather since there will be a bounce house and cotton candy machine.

i need to get streamers/balloons/tables/chairs/etc. etc. today IDK WHY I didnt have a check list I'll be whipping one of those up here really soon!

Janine-- usually I start the kids' baths at about 6:30 and am done by 7:30pm and then they have bed time at 8:15pm. It has gone pretty smoothly for me. It is actually easier to group them all at one time than to do them at different times/days....I could actually forget who got a bath when, etc. with this many children David usually will take a shower in the morning though. so, I only have 3 actual baths drawn/emptied each night. not so bad
David(11)Lolly(9)Maddy(7 on 8/25!)Yuyi(5.6) & Ana(4)

bethsflutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:56 AM   #10
bethsflutterby
Just a sinner saved by grace.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvalokiteshvara View Post
Oh, and I forgot to tell everyone about the best part of yesterday.

So Mel and I went to the sticker outlet, and it only took ten minutes, so we decided to hit Dollarama before I dropped her off at school for lunch monitoring. I wasn't sure if Dollarama was cash only, so we stopped at the ATM and got $40. Of course, once we got there, we realized that they take debit, so we needn't have bothered. Anyway, we got our stuff at Dollarama and STILL had half an hour until Mel needed to be at the school (and we were two blocks from the school).

So then we went to Walmart to pick up loot bags and waste some time. Mission accomplished! Dropped Mel off at school. Went home and grabbed Ezra's letter to Santa to mail. Headed to the toy store for sea animals in tubes. Check. Headed to Bulk Barn for candy to decorate the cake. Check. After all was said and done, I still had a $20 bill, so I was going to go deposit it back in the bank. (Cash doesn't last around here. I know it is counter-intuitive, but if we want to spend less money, we use our debit cards and no cash.)

Pulled up at the drive-thru ATM as the car in front of me drove away, looked at the machine, and realized there is $100 hanging out of the cash dispenser. (ATMs for our bank give you your card back first, then give you your money. I know they do it to keep your account and access to it more secure, but I hate it for just this reason - if you are in a hurry, it can be a costly mistake to drive off and leave your withdrawal hanging out of the wall. Whereas most people who find a card hanging out of the wall will just take it into the bank and turn it in. But anyway.)

So I grabbed the hundred bucks, gunned it around the corner into the parking lot, started honking and tailgating the car that had gone through in front of me.

And I did this for like 10 or 12 blocks. I followed this guy ALL THE WAY HOME, honking, tailgating, trying to pull up beside him at every stop sign waving five $20 bills in my windshield!

He was grateful once I finally got his attention, as he was turning into the parking lot at his townhome complex. I am just glad that there were no cops around - rolling through stop signs, tailgating like a crazed maniac, shouting out my window and honking!

I just know how catastrophic a loss $100 would be to us and I couldn't not do it!

Fun times! So what did I end up doing with the $20 bill I was going to deposit? I took it to Starbucks, of course!
oh lordy...your lucky he didnt call the cops on his cell!!!
WTG on cornering him at home though

& you DESERVED that stop at Starbucks!!!! LOL
David(11)Lolly(9)Maddy(7 on 8/25!)Yuyi(5.6) & Ana(4)

bethsflutterby is offline   Reply With Quote