Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2010, 08:10 AM   #21
mamaBex
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's the weekend!

We are puttering around the house this morning, then this afternoon we are dropping Malcolm off at a friend's place so Dan and I can go see the new Harry Potter movie I'm so excited -we love Potter and haven't been to the movies since the summer. Then this evening we are going over to a new acquaintance's house for a games night -they have a baby a few months younger than Malcolm, so it would be nice to have some more friends with kids (most of our friends are currently childless).

Advertisement

Old 12-04-2010, 08:11 AM   #22
mamaBex
Registered Users

My Mood:

Peggy
Old 12-04-2010, 08:16 AM   #23
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning Rebecca!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethsflutterby View Post
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:18 AM   #24
mamaBex
Registered Users

My Mood:

:wave2: Mel! It's so nice to see you! I don't think I was on at the same time as you at all yesterday.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:21 AM   #25
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wasn't on much yesterday at all! Too busy with party prep and E's school stuff. But we had a really good day and E got a good report. I'm a little jealous that you're going to see Harry Potter. We wanted to go when my mom was here, but didn't make it.

Can I just say that I love thin pancakes? Love love love!
Old 12-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #26
mamaBex
Registered Users

My Mood:

yummm.... there's a large Finnish population here, and so there are two pancake places here that specialize in these really thin Finnish-style pancakes and they are !

I wasn't sure if we would get to see it (Harry Potter) either, but we've had a lot of offers to babysit Malcolm from our friends so we figured we better take them up on it

ETA: I saw that E got a good report too -you and Ru must be so proud! He's a very smart little guy.

Last edited by mamaBex; 12-04-2010 at 08:32 AM.
mamaBex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:40 AM   #27
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kinda down today....no idea why....
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:45 AM   #28
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvalokiteshvara View Post
Pulled up at the drive-thru ATM as the car in front of me drove away, looked at the machine, and realized there is $100 hanging out of the cash dispenser. (ATMs for our bank give you your card back first, then give you your money. I know they do it to keep your account and access to it more secure, but I hate it for just this reason - if you are in a hurry, it can be a costly mistake to drive off and leave your withdrawal hanging out of the wall. Whereas most people who find a card hanging out of the wall will just take it into the bank and turn it in. But anyway.)

So I grabbed the hundred bucks, gunned it around the corner into the parking lot, started honking and tailgating the car that had gone through in front of me.

And I did this for like 10 or 12 blocks. I followed this guy ALL THE WAY HOME, honking, tailgating, trying to pull up beside him at every stop sign waving five $20 bills in my windshield!

He was grateful once I finally got his attention, as he was turning into the parking lot at his townhome complex. I am just glad that there were no cops around - rolling through stop signs, tailgating like a crazed maniac, shouting out my window and honking!

I just know how catastrophic a loss $100 would be to us and I couldn't not do it!

Fun times! So what did I end up doing with the $20 bill I was going to deposit? I took it to Starbucks, of course!
Awesome!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOELLE

I answered yesterday's questions on yesterday's thread . Too lazy to go requote myself. G only woke up once last night!!
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:45 AM   #29
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBex View Post
ETA: I saw that E got a good report too -you and Ru must be so proud! He's a very smart little guy.
We are proud! His teacher asked what we did to teach him to read, and we had to say "Nothing!" As she said, he "cracked the code" himself. He does need some help with a few fine motor things, but we're already encouraging them here at home.

Becky.

Ru and E are going to head to the park in a few, and I am going to bake the first cake. I only have one round pan, so I need to do them in shifts.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:48 AM   #30
bethsflutterby
Just a sinner saved by grace.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
David(11)Lolly(9)Maddy(7 on 8/25!)Yuyi(5.6) & Ana(4)

bethsflutterby is offline   Reply With Quote