Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #11
Baltic Creations
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Infant Eczema?

get some CJ's BUTTer!! I'm tellin ya you won't regret it! It works wonders!!!! POOR LIL GUY!

Advertisement

Old 12-14-2010, 01:20 AM   #12
*Willow*
Registered Users
Formerly: MadreJoyce
seller

My Mood:

My yds had it really bad to the point he would randomly scratch his cheek till it was bleeding. I had many months of socks over his hands and lots of trials with salves, lotions, ect.. What helped for him was hydrocortisone cream, but when discontinued it would flare back up. I researched flax oil for inflamation as an alternative to the steroid cream. It worked wonders and it never came back. This was around 8-9 months old.

Our poor little baby girl has it moderately now. I'm testing an herbal salve I made just for this sort of thing on her. It is keeping it from getting really bad, and if I could slow down in life enough to apply it more often it may go away. If not back to the drawing board for my salve and I'll be trying flax oil and steroid creams next.

Coconut oil is really therapeutic for skin. In between med applications for those of us who are using Meds as it can help keep the skin moisturized without grease. It absorbs quick.

Also... I've noticed that baby's saliva from sucking hands and rubbing face cause the same effect on the hands/fingers and also worsens it on the face. So I keep the hands covered.

Good luck!
IT'S A GIRL! #5 Arriving Aug 2014
*Willow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:46 PM   #13
eliz244
Registered Users

The company I work for has a great babyline Even if I didn't work for them I would use the stuff. A lot of pediatrician's have actually recommended using our products for baby eczema. And from what my clients have said, it works tons better than the prescription stuff. One of my girl friends actually said that our baby wash and lotion was the only thing that cleared up her son's eczema

Sorry for the shameless plug, but it really has helped a lot of babies I know! The products are from Arbonne and I can give you some more info if you are interested!
eliz244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:47 PM   #14
eliz244
Registered Users

oh and we don't use any mineral oil as well!
eliz244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:55 PM   #15
jessc82
Registered Users
seller

My DS gets it on his bottom terribly. It gets oozy and infected quite often. His pedi said to put bacitracin or polysporin on it. It clears it up pretty quickly. Our favorite moisturizer that we use when it's not oozing is CeraVe (over the counter). His dermatologist recommended it and it's awesome! Pricey, but awesome!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #16
hfrink
Registered Users
seller

When my dd had excema, the doc said to not bathe her as often and then use eucerin cream (not lotion).
hfrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #17
fawnintx
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
Mama, I'm DDCC, but even if he's formula fed, it can definitely be a food sensitivity. Dairy is probably the most common culprit for infant eczema, with soy being a close second, and most regular infant formulas are either dairy- or soy-based.

It is not an easy road, but it is such a relief when your baby's skin starts to clear--I have been there with my DD. We tried creams and while hydrocortisone would clear it up temporarily, I was uncomfortable using it for long periods of time because it can thin the skin. Nothing else really made a difference until I made some dietary changes.

If he's on a dairy-based formula, can you try him on a formula that is soy-based or vice versa? It takes a couple of weeks to see improvement, actually, so give it a bit of time. If neither of those changes work, then you might want to try an elemental formula that is neither dairy nor soy.

I'm just now seeing this (been absent for a while... ), but yes, this. My experience exactly - and Seamus was FF. His skin cleared up as soon as we weaned off formula at a year old (he never would drink milk). He tested positive for milk allergy. He's outgrown it mostly, but still can't drink milk (it makes his face break out in a rash).
Old 01-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #18
WhiteRockMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, thanks for all the advice ladies. We are still struggling to overcome his skin problems. It seems that his face issue is seborrheic dermatitis (craddle cap). I'm not sure if it is diary related. I'm nervous about switching formulas (dont know why).

We have tried creams (barrier cream, glaxal base, penetan, all forms of 'natural' diaper rash cream, etc etc). We have switched from Goodstart to Enfamil A+ (someone in a health food store said DS's pH might be off... I dont know). I dont know if we are giving each enough time or not (probably not)...

He's obviously very uncomfortable and constantly trying to itch his face and scalp off. We are going back to the Dr on Tuesday.

ugh, it's so frustrating and I feel so helpless.

WhiteRockMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #19
genieinabottle
Registered Users
seller

Glad you figured it out! Rashes are always concerning...
genieinabottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #20
mmeneely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

CUT OUT cow's milk based dairy, wheat and gluten, coffee, tea and chocolate!!!
mmeneely is offline   Reply With Quote