Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2010, 12:40 AM   #11
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: go green pocket diapers

Quote:
Our company is proudly a WAHM-owned business in the USA and we are continually adapting our products to meet the needs of moms like us. We generate our product designs in-house, and these designs are manufactured into products fairly and conscientiously by our fantastic manufacturer in China.
:
Yeah, I find that a bit disturbing too.

The whole idea of her having her own "in-house" product design doesn't jive with the "Our Story" I just posted.

Quote:
"There's got tobe a cheaper way to get pocket diapers, I thought- and then I found them, high-quality diapers for half the price! In fabulous colors no less! I gave the pocket diapers to all my friends and they LOVED them. People kept asking me how to buy them, and that's how this website came about. I wanted to make it really easy for everyone to get these wonderful diapers."
That and the obvious pictures of diapers with other brand names/logos on them - makes her not very believable.

You can find what looks like these exact diapers (same prints and minky prints) on alibaba.com and they are SUPER cheap. Like just a few bucks a piece and you can buy them in HUGE quantities.

Advertisement

Old 12-08-2010, 01:28 AM   #12
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

After looking around a bit it looks like they are Happy Flute Diapers. You can see the logo in the one from the Go Green site here: http://thumbs.webs.com/Members/viewT...7225&size=full

And here is a Happy Flute from alibaba.com
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...lesalers.html#

If you look the Happy Flute Knitting Factory's Store and go to the polyester diapers and the minky diapers you will find all the prints offered on the Go Green site.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:34 AM   #13
Momma_Rock
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There are some diapers with square tabs. The prints are cute and they are cheap. She may work from home, but the term "WAHM' threw me for a minute because it led me to believe that she was making the diapers. I don't like that it appears she is replacing other labels with her own, but maybe they don't care if she does that. IDK.

I think for the price I might try one. After all, aren't the Kawaii diapers originally from China? That's why they're so cheap. I have two and I like those.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:40 AM   #14
stringbean02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

arent kawaiis also just the cheap ebay diapers with a tag added onto them? they all look exactly the same, including kawaiis. idk if this has already been discussed (i havent been on here a lot lately)
Old 12-08-2010, 09:55 AM   #15
3CuteKiddos
Registered Users

I ordered one to try, and I like it. The inside is not as soft as I expected-- Kind of like a velour or something? But it stays super dry and fits well. I don't think it will last forever, but I don't know. I also ordered one of the ebay ones (alsosold by alvababy.com), because I'm pretty sure they're the same. The wet bags and diapers are identical, and they're only $5 each. When that one comes in, I'll update and let you know if they're the same.

I ordered a Kawaii too, cuz I was curious since they also look identical, and they aren't. The inside of the Kawaii is a gorgeous microfleece, soooo soft, i just want to curl up in it. And the pocket of the Kawaii is a huge, open flap. The one of GoGreen is a little elastic hole in the top.. Looks Like it could leak. Also, Kawaii's are cheaper than 10-14, like someone said... theluvyourbaby.com $6-11, depending on style. Some of the styles are also on ebay even cheaper... I just ordered 16 Minky Snaps ones for $79.. about $5/diaper. Oh, and the Kawaii's come with 2 inserts, not 1 like GoGreen.
3CuteKiddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #16
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I thought they were all basically the same -- Kawaii, Coolababy, Sunbaby, Happy Flute...whatever. Maybe not. The cheapest pocket diapers I tried were Nubunz. They were okay but I thought they fit too much like BG 3.0s, which I felt were not a good fit for my DS (too tight elastic). Personally I'm leaning away from made in China stuff if possible.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #17
3CuteKiddos
Registered Users

Ok, got my ebay one in the mail. Not identical to the one I have from GoGreen, BUT if you look at their site, they actually have 3 different styles, and this is a perfect match to one of them. I'm still pretty convinced they're the same. I like this one better actually-- nice microfleece inner and the rise is a bit longer (which I need, since my 3yo is just not going to PL, apparently. lol). Anyway, I plan to order 30 or so of them now that I know I like them.. I would go with them over GoGreen, personally. Half the price, and frankly, I don't love GoGreen's marketing tactic-- I think its fishy.
3CuteKiddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:42 PM   #18
luckymomma84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

These are def ebay diapers with a different tag. They do the job especially for the price but you can get them cheaper via ebay
luckymomma84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:44 PM   #19
cougar
Registered Users

My Mood:

thanks so much for all the info
cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:37 PM   #20
MamaBird06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymom2b View Post
If you want cheaper pockets check out Tweedlebugs ($12.95) and Kawaiis ($10-$14 I think). I've used both and they both work just as well as my more expensive pockets.

I got some of these both, haven't used them yet, but they both seem to be pretty good quality for the price. OP-tiny tush has tweedle bug seconds for 8.50 with free shipping right now if you are thinking about buying some of those.

But the ones in the link picture definitely look like the ones on ebay, that is what most of the diapers are on ebay now it seems, i am not against, them, I may pick up a couple, (i read someone uses them for swim diapers and was thinking of getting a couple for that specificially) but I don't think kawaii is them same as these although they have some of the same prints.