Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #21
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: go green pocket diapers

I just found this thread which answers a lot of questions. http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1086636

One post does say that they are indeed manufactured by the Happy Flute Knitting Factory in China.

It looks like Go Green Diapers is buying from their factory and is working with that factory to sell under the name Go Green Diapers.

Advertisement

Old 07-15-2011, 06:43 AM   #22
cougar
Registered Users

My Mood:

Okay so I just wanted to add to this. I ordered 2 of the gogreen before my daughter was born and i HATED them the fit was horrible and i felt like i wasted money. Well a couple weeks ago i forgot to wash diapers and was down to the 2 gogreen ones and i thought well i have to use them since everything else is dirty and they fit AMAZING!! so much so that i went to their site to order more but sadly they are mostly sold out and now sell a more expensive one when all i really wanted was a couple more of the cheap ones oh well just thought i would let you guys know what happened
Old 07-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #23
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar
Okay so I just wanted to add to this. I ordered 2 of the gogreen before my daughter was born and i HATED them the fit was horrible and i felt like i wasted money. Well a couple weeks ago i forgot to wash diapers and was down to the 2 gogreen ones and i thought well i have to use them since everything else is dirty and they fit AMAZING!! so much so that i went to their site to order more but sadly they are mostly sold out and now sell a more expensive one when all i really wanted was a couple more of the cheap ones oh well just thought i would let you guys know what happened
Gogreen are just eBay diapers that the company puts their gogreen tag on. Go search eBay for reusable baby cloth diapers and a bunch will come up.

This post is brought to you by iPod autocorrect
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:39 PM   #24
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

They are cheap, low quality diapers produced in China with their name on it. If you look at the Champ, it's a copy of RAR, and a badly made copy at that.
There are many companies that produce responsibly in China. GroVia and RAR are both ISO certified, the highest level of certification that you can get and that's want you want to look for with companies that produce in China. RAR is actually under Swiss jurisdiction not Chinese.
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #25
healthydiapers
Registered Users
seller

If you are interested in great diapers at a low price, I would recommend checking out www.sunbabydiapers.com. I love the fit of these better than any of the many name-brand pockets I have tried. Yes, they are made in China, but that doen't really bother me . . . I save money where I can, and if the fit, function, and quality is there, I don't really care where they are produced.

Last edited by healthydiapers; 07-18-2011 at 09:05 AM.
healthydiapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:43 AM   #26
ACSNMama
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08
seller

I have a friend who uses these diapers. They were purchased for her for her baby shower. She likes them a lot. I took a look at them though. Each looked different! ALL of them were purchased from the GG site and a couple of them were round tabs with 1 row of snaps, and a couple were square tabs with 2 rows of snaps. One of hers had the tag sewn on upside down. No biggie, but it was something I noticed. They didn't seem consistant.

If they were going for the price of the Sunbaby diapers, I could definitely understand having some flaws or inconsistancies. As far as I know Sunbaby's are very consistant and great quality even for that low, low price!

When my friend told me the price of the Go Green pockets, my opinion quickly changed. Inconsistant diapers that are $10-$14 a piece? Might as well just get a good brand quality diaper on sale and pay around the same amout, or buy used for $10 a piece. OR you can purchase something similar like Smartipants, and when you purchase multiple diapers it's around $11 per diaper, and they're made in the USA!

So for me, I would either go for the Smartipants (which we do use now) OR go for the Sunbaby diapers which are a true savings! I used to own coolababy diapers and they were consistant and worked well, but I'm unsure about the Go Green's, I think they could have a good line of products, but due to the inconsistancies, they aren't worth the price!

ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:24 AM   #27
omgcupcake
Registered Users
seller

All of my GGs are the same- no inconsistencies. They all have the same shaped tabs and they all have a hip snap. I don't have the Champs, just the regular silky/fuzzy ones and they work perfectly.

Maine-ly Cloth Blog
omgcupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:39 AM   #28
EmilyAnn86
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimA View Post
They are cheap, low quality diapers produced in China with their name on it. If you look at the Champ, it's a copy of RAR, and a badly made copy at that.
There are many companies that produce responsibly in China. GroVia and RAR are both ISO certified, the highest level of certification that you can get and that's want you want to look for with companies that produce in China. RAR is actually under Swiss jurisdiction not Chinese.

I have 4 regular GoGreen diapers, 2 Champs, and 2 RARs. I LOVE my GoGreens and hate the RAR. The GoGreens seem to be holding up better than the RAR and cost so much less.

I have also tried Coolababy and Kawaii and like the GoGreens the best.

I also have a bunch of SmartiPants. I love the quality and fit, but they are a little difficult to stuff. I have started just laying a padfolded flat in them so I don't have to stuff them. The regular GoGreens look, feel, and fit a lot like SmartiPants but they are easier to stuff and maybe a little bigger.
Emily (26) Happily married to Chris since 8-5-2006 and mommy to David (6-13-2008) James (9-27-2009) and John (9-9-2011) and baby #4 due Aug 12th
God is our family planner. Bring on the blessings!! Psalm 127:3-5
EmilyAnn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #29
KyAngel07
Registered Users
seller

I also have several champs and like them, imo they have several features of different big name diapers all in one with a cheaper price tag. As for a warranty, there is nothing published, but I had a rise snap break on one of mine and she quickly replaced it
KyAngel07 is offline   Reply With Quote