Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2010, 05:58 AM   #1
TheLittleButtonBakery
Registered Users
Formerly: littlemonkeyfoot
seller

My Mood:
Knitters~Hookers~Spinners~Dyers WIP 12/07

Good Morning!

Advertisement

TheLittleButtonBakery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:03 AM   #2
tanabanana81
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Knitters~Hookers~Spinners~Dyers WIP 12/07

Kaysie - I'm really sorry about your pup.
tanabanana81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:09 AM   #3
TheLittleButtonBakery
Registered Users
Formerly: littlemonkeyfoot
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyLD View Post
LYNNE

ok sorry about the mis matched baby but i wanted to show you the footies before they are completely grown out of

CUTE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeraDN View Post

hard to see, but there is an elastized pocket on the front for a yarn ball, large pocket with snaps and a third inner pocket for scissors/needles, etc.
That is so freaking COOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairyblue View Post
OOH there is one near you.. nice!!! I will have to venture that way.

And the apron is awesome!

Here is a non blocked waiting on buttons shot of the coveralls. I need to wind the yarn for the next one.

SO Pretty!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~EweNeedColor~ View Post
Melissa!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~EweNeedColor~ View Post
just got home, was stranded in -3 degree weather, i left my lights on when i went into the dr and my battery died dh tried to jump it with his snowmobile but it wouldnt work some guy showed up and asked us if we needed help, thank Gawd!
That sucks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanabanana81 View Post
Just popping in with some quick pics of the progress on Nick's Longies. I'm about 1/3rd of the way through the first leg.

CUTE!! LOVE the cable!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaysieW003 View Post
Hi girls...bad day today in our house. We had to put down my beloved Boxer, Ruby. I did manage to dye some yarn though but I got most of this done this weekend. The rest is drying

SS, Mama!

About old houses- my genetic father & my ex step-mom lived in a huge old white farm house many many years ago. Right after they moved in my step-sis started attending the local Hr. High and Lo and Behold there was a picture of the house in her "Local History" book. LMBO! Come to find out the house had belonged to a gentleman who owned most of the land in the area and who had the most slaves. There was an old stone fireplace in the kitchen that had the large hook where the cook pot hung. There was a large tree next to the house that had weird marks in the largest branch. My nazi father proudly proclaimed them the be "rope burns" where slaves had been hung. Sick-o. Despite that the house was quite pretty

Last edited by TheLittleButtonBakery; 12-07-2010 at 06:14 AM.
TheLittleButtonBakery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:13 AM   #4
kareybear
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good *Yawn* Morning...
(((HUGS)))) Kaysie.... I am so sorry about your furbaby... I have dogs so I know how you feel just like one of your baby. That picture is so precious and made me have tears in my eyes. I am so truely Sorry....

Ok ladies I finished my project Now I need to sew buttons like crazy today. I will have picture for you all later this evening and I even have wip as well. Yay for my knitting apron... I was able to knit more than ever. It sure helps my ADD for knitting. So great to have one of my own project done and hopefully tomorrow I will have my other done. Although it is 12 inch inseam

Last edited by kareybear; 12-07-2010 at 06:15 AM.
kareybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:33 AM   #5
iheartruiner
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsandlollipops View Post
awww!! sweet boy!! I'm learning the thing about boys is they're either super sweet and cuddly or crazy and obnoxious. Sadly I haven't found a manageable middle ground yet!

Oh, I wanted to ask you about PT'ing issues I'm having w/ Jake.. whenever you have time!
Yeah, E is the same way. He's very very lovable, but he's quite, well, spirited at the same time. For him, there is no middle ground. It's all or nothing. I have enough drama with him, I'm SO glad I don't have a girl.

Go ahead with any PLing Qs you got. If you want to PM me or email me too, feel free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post
Speaking of old homes... Have you gals see any ghost.
The home we rented out for three years before we finally owm our home was the care keeper for the Sanitarium... and our side yard was next to the cemetary... The house was so disgusting it needed to be lite by a match....
I am so glad to have a home our own. *sigh* Oh and we had to pay $300 a month to heat that house. Blah
Yeah, this house is creepy. I swear something or someone is here. I've heard whispering late at night when DH is working; I've heard creaks like doors opening, and then just the general unsettled feeling when someone is there and watching you, yet you're all alone. I'm positive it's something other worldly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chippybug10 View Post
We have the same issues here too, DS is always bundled up in longies, onsie, and long sleeves in the house The previous owners replaced all the windows in the house 35ish years ago with top of the line, but they weren't properly installed and it gets drafty as heck in here. The house was built back in the 1850's as a big old farmhouse, moved a mile or so down the hill around 1900 and an addition was built. Unfortunately, the previous owners and my parents didn't do enough in terms of structural upkeep so it's not worth it to try and save. We're slowly saving up enough money to build a new house, but it's slow going with just DH employed.

Holy moly Myla! Those are awesome cables! Do you still knit something so intricate?

Do you ladies think this colorway is too girly for my boy and would it work as Xmas longies? The green and cranberry seem christmas-y to me, but I need more opinions? Also, would 6oz colorway of BFL and 3oz trim be enough for 17.5rise, 19.5hips, 9inseam longies?

We also have newer windows, but they're not like, Harvey or anything. They're not sealed well so it's drafty here too. We're heading to Home Depot today to look at getting that seal to go around the windows for winter. We would rather pay the $40 extra for that and keep it warm in here.

I definitely still knit for sale. I just don't have any customers! Cabling is so much fun. I have many-a-plan to knit cabled longies for my next boy!

And that yarn is no where near girly. I think it's perfect!

GalleryBlogFan Page!
iheartruiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:34 AM   #6
iheartruiner
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And Good Morning everyone!

GalleryBlogFan Page!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:40 AM   #7
kareybear
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey what is good true pattern for beanie caps for 12 month and 7 year old... Stockingnette and rib... I need to see if I have enough yarn... The pattern I used is not accurate which is not a problem because I have my daughter right her to try it on as I go but I need something I can't try on to see if it is right...
So what do you all use?
Old 12-07-2010, 07:03 AM   #8
c'est_la_vie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Anyone have any good tips/tricks for some serious pooling issues? I believe its purewool.. I'm starting to think there is NO way around it.. The mama I'm making em for doesn't mind.. but me being me.. I mind.. LOL

ETA; good morning! (:
Baby M due Oct 31st!

Last edited by c'est_la_vie; 12-07-2010 at 07:05 AM.
c'est_la_vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:06 AM   #9
iheartruiner
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post
Hey what is good true pattern for beanie caps for 12 month and 7 year old... Stockingnette and rib... I need to see if I have enough yarn... The pattern I used is not accurate which is not a problem because I have my daughter right her to try it on as I go but I need something I can't try on to see if it is right...
So what do you all use?
My friend just did this hat for her brother:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rib-a-roni

I have no idea how it fits kids, but the pics look promising.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c'est_la_vie View Post
Anyone have any good tips/tricks for some serious pooling issues? I believe its purewool.. I'm starting to think there is NO way around it.. The mama I'm making em for doesn't mind.. but me being me.. I mind.. LOL
Alternating from both ends of the skein is probably the only way to fix it. Personally, I've never really had a problem with purewool pooling badly, but it is probably the size you're knitting.

GalleryBlogFan Page!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:08 AM   #10
c'est_la_vie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I've tried alternating.. They're smalls. So I'm sure this is why. Thanks (:
Baby M due Oct 31st!
c'est_la_vie is offline   Reply With Quote