Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2007, 09:47 PM   #11
AmyEm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Unusualy "calming" techniques?

DS doesn't get calmed by anything but DD can always be calmed by Backyardigans music.

Advertisement

Old 03-12-2007, 09:52 PM   #12
bizymamaof2
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocfb16 View Post
Not anymore but when dd was little like 6 months or so, when she was fussy the only way for her to calm down was for me to lightly palm her face (yes cover her face with my hand ) and gently rock her head from side to side. I did this very gently so don't worry but she loved it, it calmed her down instantly....I dont know why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbanna View Post
I laughed when I read this, because ds used to need the exact same thing when he was overtired and nursing down wasn't cutting it. Now at 9 1/2 months he grabs my hand and puts bit over his top ear (the one not on the bed) and then he goes right to sleep, but he takes forever if I don't do that. More things under the sun, I guess.
My oldest (2.5 years) still wants me to do this to him (even though he is weaned) when he is really tired and needs to wind down!
Old 03-12-2007, 10:36 PM   #13
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
Formerly: WrapHappy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocfb16 View Post
Not anymore but when dd was little like 6 months or so, when she was fussy the only way for her to calm down was for me to lightly palm her face (yes cover her face with my hand ) and gently rock her head from side to side. I did this very gently so don't worry but she loved it, it calmed her down instantly....I dont know why.
There is a labor technique done with a rebozo by the Mexican ladies where they take the rebozo and cover the moms face hamock style in it and sway their head back and forth to "get them in the zone"! Very similar to what your dd liked! I thought that was cool!...M