Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2010, 07:58 AM   #1
mandymatus
Registered Users

My Mood:
bumgenius 4.0 velcro vs. snaps reviews

was considering trying bumgenius 4.0 cause babiesrus.com has them on their website and i have a gift card. could you all tell me how you like this diaper both the velcro and the snaps....they only have white in the snaps so i'm trying to decide if i want to hold out for the snaps or get the velcro...

thanks!

Advertisement

mandymatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
VitaW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: bumgenius 4.0 velcro vs. snaps reviews

I feel like velcro fits better but snaps look better. Snaps last longer and will have a better resale value if you are worried about that. Velcro wears out but is more daddy and daycare friendly. If you have enough on your gift card why not get a mix of both and see which one you like better.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

The snaps will last longer but the velcro will fit better. Also the velcro is obviously easier for little hands to undo.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
adahsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been a velcro hater for a long time, but I really like the 4.0 velcro. It seems to work really well. The jury is still out in terms of longevity, but I am a fan. You really can't go wrong with either.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #5
happychappy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love snaps. I like how they fit, like they are more flexible verse the hard stiff strip of aplix, and I find I find a nice variety to size with snaps even if its not the same slots on each side. But Aplix is much quicker and easier, however, it doesnt hold up as well either. I dont like my whites because they're become dingy no matter how much I sun them they look kind of yellow. I haven't had that problem with any of my other ones even the lighter ones. So I dont know why, but both my white BGs are not as bright as they used to be.
happychappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:01 PM   #6
mandymatus
Registered Users

My Mood:

yeah, i have a white thirsties cover and i'm not a huge fan...i really prefer the color...i emailed toysrus to see if they might be getting any snap colored in and even fuzzibunz which i'd rather try...thanks for your opinions!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #7
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was very leary of getting the 4.0 aplix because the 3.0's were awful. i only bought all snaps and i liked them alot. then cb had that big seconds sale and i was only able to get aplix. i am so happy i did! i love them and the new aplix is great! it is so much nicer. i always get a great fit with the aplix and havent had any problems with it at all. i do still like the snaps though, but i like the aplix a little better.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #8
JustJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have both and like both for different reasons. They both fit great! The Aplix is a little faster to put on and is less intimidating to a beginners or people unfamiliar with CDing.
JustJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:47 PM   #9
Maddy's Moms
Registered Users
seller

I have both and like both! I prefer the velcro but I don't like the idea of replacing it when it goes. I was on the babies r us website and they have the snaps in colour.
Maddy's Moms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:12 PM   #10
mandymatus
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy's Moms View Post
I have both and like both! I prefer the velcro but I don't like the idea of replacing it when it goes. I was on the babies r us website and they have the snaps in colour.
thank you for letting me know this! they do now have the color snaps! i think they may have been in the process of adding things on, because the first day i checked they didn't even have the photos up! i'm going to order them right now =)

thanks a ton for everyone's