Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2007, 07:21 PM   #21
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: That SUPER-NANNY Episode is on now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
I agree that she doesnt NEED to nurse that often but OMG, the crazy nanny just said that BFING is holding her back from reaching milestones ...
But that could be true. A baby that is held and nursed literally all day long almost at 14 months will more than likely not be able to do many things her peers would be able to do. She needs to be PLAYING with mom, reading, playing with toys, singing, going outside to see the world, etc. Constantly being on the boob, she's NOT getting all she needs.

There's a way to EBF (which I completely support) and have a child learn that nursing is for certain times. The mom doesn't have to be a 24/7 all you can eat food bar. kwim?

Advertisement

Old 03-12-2007, 07:22 PM   #22
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I agree that she doesnt NEED to nurse that often but OMG, the crazy nanny just said that BFING is holding her back from reaching milestones ...
Maybe that IS true (in this childs case, from the sounds of it the baby is NEVER put down? I mean, that cant be good for any child BF or bottle fed). And before someones jumps on me for that I think it is important for babies especially after a year to learn to play by themselves or with the siblings for a few minutes. Just my 2 cents again.

And, we have to remember this has been edited beyond belief! We only see what they want us to.
OneFabMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:22 PM   #23
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer23 View Post
I honestly don't see the issue. I flipped the tv over. The baby isn't sleeping well because they co-sleep. No one seems to be sleeping well. How is that good for anyone?

Supernanny just said something like "She doesn't need to breastfeed 24/7, she's 14 months, not 2 or 4." And the baby isn't able to do ANYthing because she's constantly on her mom. Babies NEED time to grow and learn. She's not saying to stop BFing. She's saying that a 14 month old doesn't need to all day long. KWIM?

ITA

The DD doesn't do anything else but feed. She's 14 mns old she doesn't NEED to feed 24/7. She's nursing the 14mn old all the time and can't do anything with/for the other kids.

The litle girl and the whole family don't sleep at all when they co-sleep the 14mn old looks like a zombie because she doesn't sleep, probably why she's feeding all the time also.

I mean something needs to change what they are doing just isn't working for them obviously!

I don't get what the big deal is I think the hype about the breastfeeding comments are over rated.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:22 PM   #24
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
My 14month old nurses all the time (as does her brother) and they hit milestones very well

Uugghh, so she doesnt care for extended nursing though some people who see this & dont do reserch will think if I bf past a certain age it will mess up the oh so important milestones!
Old 03-12-2007, 07:22 PM   #25
AmyErinBobbysMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer23 View Post
I honestly don't see the issue. I flipped the tv over. The baby isn't sleeping well because they co-sleep. No one seems to be sleeping well. How is that good for anyone?

Supernanny just said something like "She doesn't need to breastfeed 24/7, she's 14 months, not 2 or 4." And the baby isn't able to do ANYthing because she's constantly on her mom. Babies NEED time to grow and learn. She's not saying to stop BFing. She's saying that a 14 month old doesn't need to all day long. KWIM?
I am not saying it is a crap show at all. The problem is that there are people (and I know some!) who think that Super-Nanny is the answer and all that she says is the only way to parent (which is a scary way to view anyone anyways). What she is saying on the show is actually a lot more reasonable than what they are showing in the cut and paste previews (as opposed to the cut and paste show!).
AmyErinBobbysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:25 PM   #26
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

ok i just turned it on....am i watching an old one (it's after 8 here), is it for the black family???? (that totally wasn't said as a racial thing just trying to make sure i'm watching the right one LOL!)

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:27 PM   #27
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

disagree disagree disagree
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:27 PM   #28
iKim
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

side note,

....that mama has some SERIOUS ROOTS....send the mama to extreme makeover next for some hair dye....

Last edited by iKim; 03-12-2007 at 07:28 PM.
iKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:28 PM   #29
iKim
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ROFL, "yes she got up 17 times, but it only took 45 mins to get her to sleep"
ROFL,

is that good?!?!??!!?
Old 03-12-2007, 07:28 PM   #30
kelsey78
Registered Users
seller

Yeah I think that is the real issue, that the girl does not want to be put down and nurses constantly at 14 months. It is ok for her to still bf, but she does need to have play time too.