Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
Bear Family
Registered Users
seller

Calling all trampoline owners

What do you do with it in the winter months? There is no snow here so I am not talking about that kind of winter, but will the rain ruin it? It is going to be my kids Christmas present and I don't want to say here it is, but you can't use it till spring, or set it up so she can enjoy for a short time, then have to take it down.

So just curious, do you leave it up, take it down, or cover it

Advertisement

Bear Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #2
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Calling all trampoline owners

Leave it up all year round. We've had a large 15' one for 6 years, then sold it to get a smaller one(8') at our new house. They hold up well. If you have any issues with weathering, it's the foam support pole liners peeling off or the pad that covers the springs fading with the sun. These things happen more in the hot summer than cold winter. I find more weathering signs over summer myself. And my kids love to jump on clear & cold days, so I think they'd be devastated if I took it down for winter.
Survive but bummed. We just keep it up.
The trampoline pad & netting hold up really well and we never had issues with our first one being outside 24/7/365 for 6 years.

Last edited by nakedbabytoes; 12-08-2010 at 05:54 PM.
nakedbabytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we leave it up year round with no issues. the only change over 4 years is that it sags a little bc i didnt realize the baby pool my niece put on top filled with water thats how often ours gets used
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We leave it up year round. After DH put it up the second time he said it would be worth the $200 if it got ruined and we had to replace it!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:51 PM   #5
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have it up year round. My kids got theirs for Christmas last year. Dh waited till a nice weekend a few weeks after Christmas to set it up. Really it gets more use in the fall and winter than in the summer and spring because I tend to be sick with allergies in the spring (and so do the boys) and it is so miserably hot in the summer that no one wants to be outside. It doesn't really snow here so that isn't an issue. My best friend had a trampoline when we were kids, it was out year round and survived for a good 10+ years of use.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
KnPsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're in the NW and rarely get snow but do get LOTS of rain and occasionally get freezing rain an inch or so thick so leaving it up didn't seem like a good idea here. Ours is out at my MIL's where there's room for it so DH and his step-dad just pulled down the walls and pulled the legs off and then put it away in their barn for the winter.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:48 PM   #7
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

We get way too much snow to leave ours up. DH takes down the mat & net and stores it in the garage. We leave the frame up though and haven't had any issues with wear.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #8
EmmieSuesbabyboutique
Registered Users
Formerly: heyfire
seller
seller

My Mood:

we are in MI, so we get lots of snow and we leave ours up all year. We have had it for about 6 years. Make sure to secrue it to the ground tho, ours blew away a couple of years ago in a bad storm we had.

10% off for a limited time. http://www.lenabrowndesings.com for all your knitting and crochet needle cases
EmmieSuesbabyboutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:01 PM   #9
EmmieSuesbabyboutique
Registered Users
Formerly: heyfire
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katedanzer View Post
We get way too much snow to leave ours up. DH takes down the mat & net and stores it in the garage. We leave the frame up though and haven't had any issues with wear.
We should do this to, but to lazy, the kids love to get on it with all the snow and then they shove it off,

10% off for a limited time. http://www.lenabrowndesings.com for all your knitting and crochet needle cases
EmmieSuesbabyboutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:07 PM   #10
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

We've had ours standing in the middle of our yard for 5 years now. It's been exposed to every element possible and it still looks & functions great.