Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-03-2006, 01:11 PM   #11
veganmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is it wrong to cd my daycare child?

Maybe it is me, but I watch a little girl once a week and my least favorite part is changing her poopy diaper. So I just use the sposies and sposie wipes her mom sends with her and I walk her poopy diaper to my trash can outside in the alley. I don't know why, but other babies poopy diapers are gross to me. My babies are neutral. Of course I love my babies in clean fresh fluff, but I just hate poopy diapers.

So, I would hate to wash another babies poop off my childs cloth diapers...

Advertisement

Last edited by veganmamma; 06-03-2006 at 01:13 PM.
veganmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 01:50 PM   #12
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LISA OMG...my babysitting kids use sposies (we use them ONLY if i dont have any cloth available for cadence) and i hate HATE when they poop here its soo much different than cadence so no i wouldnt do it with them either........
Old 06-03-2006, 02:07 PM   #13
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i JUST started Nannying for a 4 month old last week...I really wanted to try out my cloth so in the interview and follow up email I asked the mother if I could use cloth on her daughter...she had said she had fallen in love with the pricey diapers because they feel just like cotton and I said well better yet she can have real cotton, and she dropped her off her first day in a sposie but none for me...she was like are you sure you don't want any diapers??? And she brought wipes and said I am sure you don't need theese but I brought them just in case...I did clear this with her mother first before I used cloth...since eveyone has their own views and ultimately she is in charge of her daughter...I understand your desire though...
Old 06-03-2006, 02:12 PM   #14
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I should add...I also offered to do all the washing and I make all her diapers..which ultimately help me make a really quality diaper with my very own model! Only thing was I made her a bunch of smalls as she is only 4 months and they wouldnt even close on her CHUB! I had to make her a ton of mediums since I have no drier, i line dry so I have to have a few days worth of diapers for miss Ava
Old 06-03-2006, 03:01 PM   #15
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wrong to CD? How could anyone be upset by you saving them money and putting all the extra effort into keeping that child safer/healthier? And using your DD-to-be's precious dipes to do it?? How unselfish of you!

(Anyone else think the same thing as me--Wait...She's already bought L CDs for her unborn baby? Talk about prepared! (Or addicted...whatever.)

Quote:
I also offered to do all the washing and I make all her diapers

Any chance you live in NORTHERN CA and need another baby to nanny come Sept?
I'm just worried about finding someone to take as good care of Ramie as I do once school lets back in. A nanny who CDs is a must...but one who SEWS those dipes? That's crazy! Only in my Mommy dreams!
Old 06-03-2006, 04:54 PM   #16
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

id ask her but i dont see why shed have a problem...
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:12 PM   #17
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lindsay & Lisa- LMBO!! I watch an 18 month old little boy PT since mid-March and he has pooped here ONCE!! I am sooooooo glad it was only once because it was horrendous! This kid stunk up my WHOLE HOUSE and I almost threw up! I've seen some pretty ranky dipes in my time with FIVE BOYS but this topped the charts of nastiness. I actually thought about using CDs on Abe while he's here but after that nastiness... NO WAY JOSE! If his poops weren't so icky I wouldn't mind or if his mom wanted me to, but I don't think she does. She provides all the sposie dipes and wipes for him so its no sweat for me. I personally would leave it up to the mom. If she is ok with it than go for it, maybe she'll see the difference it makes in her baby's rash and want to do it at home! My ex-dcp used CDs on her dd and I didn't even know! I had no idea! If she would have offered to use CDs on my kids I wouldn't have minded and maybe would have started using CDs a LOOOOONG time ago! Think of the money I could have saved over the last 9 yrs of kids in sposies at one point or another! Actually, the last 4yrs and 3 months I have had at least 1 child in diapers at all times! LOL ACK!! So glad I switched and I cannot wait to potty train my 2yr old!! Almost ready!
Old 06-03-2006, 06:59 PM   #18
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=beenwaitingalongtime]
Any chance you live in NORTHERN CA and need another baby to nanny QUOTE]
Sorry I JUST moved from northern to Southern Cali three weeks ago I would have loved to nanny for a DS mom!
Old 06-03-2006, 08:35 PM   #19
momof4
Registered Users
seller

16 years ago, my daycare provider offered to CD my DD, if I would go along with it. We ended up switching to cloth because of her. You might make a convert!
Old 06-03-2006, 08:46 PM   #20
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

I was babysitting my neighbors newborn and put her in cloth (forgot to ask permission). I sent her home in an AIO and when she returned it to me, she asked, "Where do I get these? I want some, I had no idea cloth diapers could be this easy!"
So to answer your question, no, I don't think its wrong. Like pp said, you might make a convet
Prettylocks is offline   Reply With Quote