Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-03-2006, 09:40 PM   #21
veganmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is it wrong to cd my daycare child?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayncadence
LISA OMG...my babysitting kids use sposies (we use them ONLY if i dont have any cloth available for cadence) and i hate HATE when they poop here its soo much different than cadence so no i wouldnt do it with them either........
So glad I am not alone.

Advertisement

Old 06-03-2006, 09:46 PM   #22
veganmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi
Lindsay & Lisa- LMBO!! I watch an 18 month old little boy PT since mid-March and he has pooped here ONCE!! I am sooooooo glad it was only once because it was horrendous! This kid stunk up my WHOLE HOUSE and I almost threw up! I've seen some pretty ranky dipes in my time with FIVE BOYS but this topped the charts of nastiness. I actually thought about using CDs on Abe while he's here but after that nastiness... NO WAY JOSE!
Exactly! She poops every time and sometimes more than once. She will be 3 in early September and her poop stinks worse than any of my boys poopy diapers ever did, and boy can they stink!!!! Then my whole house stinks especially the room where she poops. I do gag every timeI change her or smell the air for atleast an hour afterwards, and if I were pregnant I know I'd be throwing up.

I wish her mom did CD and I could change her with her own cute girly fluff, now that would be fun!!! LOL.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:58 PM   #23
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:

yes when I was a preschool teacher I would help in the infant room after my group left and the rankness of the toddlers diapers was SOOOOO bad, I think it is because of the other childrens diets compared to our own kids. I swear it was the ones who cam in with toaster-pops (i dont even know what there called candy coverd gel filled toastable snakcs? ) and sugar covered candy puff ceral for breakfast where the stinkyest
Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:47 PM   #24
mommy2zander
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would imagine she wouldn't mind as it would save her money on paper dipes! Although my sis started to cloth her little child care baby girl & the parents decided they didnt want to after all, so you just never know with people!! I would say ask & go for it! Most likely she won't mind!
mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:36 AM   #25
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a toddler and she eats everything i do but the lil girl i babysit is 2 and her lil brother is 7 months so i know they dont eat the SAME thing but their poop eck.....ticks me off esp since their mom dont change them b4 they come and a 5 a.m. i dont think change a dipe right away and they leak alll over our furniture GAH!
Old 06-04-2006, 07:57 AM   #26
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

lindsay i'm with you and the other posters on here! i've babysat two different times...the first time was a 3 or 4 month old and his poops were THE WORST!!! i'm positive it had to do with his diet...yes believe it or not. they "couldn't" afford formula and didn't like the WIC office so instead of pumping breast milk at work they put the poor child on whole milk and mixed in infant cereal until it was a gelatinous mess and then cut a huge hold in his bottle nipple. i was BF'ing my son at the time and was on WIC, but i still rec'd formula "just in case" so i gave him that while he was at my house (and no, i didn't ask the mother...sorry but it was for the pure safety of the child). anyhow his poos were horrendous, one time i actually did vomit they were so bad. and he always so filthy and everything. anyhow the second time was with a 12 month old and his were just as bad, sometimes there would just be a little rabbit turd and it would stink up my entire house! it was disgusting. both children also always had diaper rash. and the older boy arrived at my house at 5am as well as the pp, never changed. so if i would forget (you would think a person would change their child before dropping them off) he would leak all over our stuff. and they bought the cheapest sposie's out there so he always leaked. we ended up having to throw out our pack n play b/c i couldn't get his pee, poop, and drool stink out of it.
so no, i don't think i personally would want another child pooping in my brand new dipes i bought for my babe. but i agree with another poster on here that said maybe you could ask her to use some of the money she's saved to purchase enough cd for your house.
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:45 AM   #27
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

Some of these stories are funny and some just plain gross.

This little girl arrives promptly at 6am clean, dressed, hair done and ready to start the day. Never in a dirty diaper, never in pajamas and never smelly. She is at my home for 13 hours a day (so all 3 meals) so her diet is now the same as ours. Her poop is not smelly, honestly I have to check to know she has even gone and until Friday she only went once in the morning, right before breakfast. I was thinking I would just leave her in her sposie until she had her morning poo and then pop her into cloth for the remainder of the day and then send her home in a fresh sposie. She is not a super soaker so I am not worried about leaking and she doesn't fuss at all during changes so I am not worried about her lashing around while I try to pop on a cd. I would think she would be a breeze in them actually. The larges I have for Lilly were a few I got in lots when I bought smaller sizes and none of which I am crazy about. I mean they are good dipes just to gender neutral for my taste.

I'm going to run it by mom and see what she has to say. I can't see why she would be against it but then again some folks might be leary about it (my brother flipped at the idea). I just hate to see the poor girl with a rash and jumping shen a wipe touches her bum. I think either way I will use cloth wipes as that is all I ever used on my dd.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:00 PM   #28
bamamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did this in daycare when i worked there....i had a little girl who had the most horrid rashes ever...i didnt even have kids yet, but had begun to acquire some fitteds/aplix and i even had just plain old pf's with pull on pants(which are now, but at the time very useful)

I did, and the workers were amazed at the fact that i would take the time to do that for her. just brought my own dipes from home.

the moms thought it was great....they didnt care.

I CD both my kids now, but dont have a problem with sposies once in a while.

ETA:: WE also had a no wipe policy on red bottoms....Wet kleenex only! Wet with water!!

Last edited by bamamom; 06-04-2006 at 12:02 PM.
bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:02 PM   #29
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really can't see a reason why she would be against it, ya know? If she's in your care 13 hours a day (which is A LOT!!) and you send her home in a sposie than I would wonder why she would be against it, if she was. I don't know why people freak out about CDs, some ppl give me the weirdest looks when I say that we use cloth. They have the 70's prefold & plastic pants idea stuck in their head. I showed 3 moms Jacob's bum yesterday at our baseball game b/c they'd never seen anything BUT the old kind. He was wearing a FB and they were amazed! LOL If she isn't an icky pooper and she has rash issues I would actually make it a policy that you use CDs. If you're providing, washing, drying, etc. than its really not even a bother for her and it shouldn't matter. Good luck!! With 2 kids and another on the way plus another 13 hrs a day, I sure hope that mama pays you well!
Old 06-04-2006, 12:27 PM   #30
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Man, if I could find a mama who would want to CD my baby when I go back to work (not to mention MAKE dipes for her), I'd be in heaven!!! At this point, I am hoping the daycare we have chosen will allow us to use the cloth while she is there. Suppose I outta get hired first though, LOL!
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote