Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:
Another eczema question..edited: look at pics??

My DD is 9 weeks and lately I've been noticing a bumpy redness on her cheeks. Its not infant acne - she had that earlier and it was more pimply - this isn't pimply. it doesn't seem to bother her at all and it comes and goes. Does this sound like eczema? What's the difference between dry skin and eczema?

Advertisement

Last edited by graceworks; 12-11-2010 at 09:40 AM.
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #2
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Another eczema question

Pics! That will help us figure it out.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:40 AM   #3
graceworks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Another eczema question

here are some pics! I'm starting to get concerned I'm definitely going to call the Dr on Monday. Does it look like eczema? These are the best pics I could get from the webcam. Its bumpy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 2010-12-11 at 11.35.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	60624   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 2010-12-11 at 11.34.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	60625  
Old 12-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
Priscilla
Registered Users
seller

Re: Another eczema question..edited: look at pics??

It does look like eczema. Thats how my sons looked. His got so bad that we couldnt use soap on his skin just wiped him down with plain water. His ped gave us the rx cortizone you can try some over the counter and see if helps.
Priscilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
graceworks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

was it related to food allergies? that's what i'm really scared of
Old 12-11-2010, 12:22 PM   #6
jamomx4
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yep, looks like eczema to me too. My youngest had it on her face when she was 3 weeks. Over the counter hydrocortizone creamed helped for us (Pedi recommended it). Now she's 2 and gets it on the back of her knee's and inner arms where they bend. It comes and goes and I'm careful to always use a free and clear laundry detergent and double rinse all her things. That seems to help too. Pedi also told use to bathe her with Cetaphil and that really helps too. Pedi never thought it was from food allergies. Pedi told us she just has sensitive skin. Hope that helps!
jamomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:24 PM   #7
jamomx4
Registered Users
seller
seller

I forgot to mention when she was little like that I carried her blanket around and if anyone else was going to hold her we covered their shirt with our blanket. That seemed to help her face not break out from their detergent.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:26 PM   #8
pumpkinseeds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamomx4 View Post
Yep, looks like eczema to me too. My youngest had it on her face when she was 3 weeks. Over the counter hydrocortizone creamed helped for us (Pedi recommended it). Now she's 2 and gets it on the back of her knee's and inner arms where they bend. It comes and goes and I'm careful to always use a free and clear laundry detergent and double rinse all her things. That seems to help too. Pedi also told use to bathe her with Cetaphil and that really helps too. Pedi never thought it was from food allergies. Pedi told us she just has sensitive skin. Hope that helps!
IA, my kiddo was the same. If you have a Tom Thumb near, we use Mom to Mom bath wash (Im not sure that might be the name) and its better than J&J baby wash, IMHO. Check labels for anything ending with 'paraben' and don't use it if it has them. That really helped in addition to the cortizone.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #9
beccatown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son had terrible eczema and nothing worked. I finally dropped gluten and wheat from my diet and it cleared up completely. I no longer breastfeed but he still has a gluten-free diet and the eczema has not returned. Every once in awhile we will give him something that has gluten in it and he will have a break out.

Our doctor never once mentioned that he might be allergic to gluten and I wasn't satisfied with applying a steroid indefinitely. I had to do my own research. Good Luck!

Lane Louise Grace born 04/05/2011
beccatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:55 PM   #10
jamomx4
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks! I don't think we have that near us but I'll look into it.

Hmmm her Cetaphil, that the pedi recommended, DOES have 3 things ending in 'paraben'?? And she seems to be able to use that better then she does Johnsons baby wash and that doesn't have anything ending in 'paraben' in it. She was also able to use Aveeno baby wash, but I don't have a bottle on hand to check that label.