Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-22-2010, 11:33 PM   #11
Registered Users
Formerly: *lsilver*
My Mood:
Re: Biscotti recipe?

~Granola Biscotti~

1 C granola (recipe below or premade basic granola)
2/3 C blanched sliced almonds
1/2 C butter
2/3 C light brown sugar
1/3 C honey
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 C unbleached all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

-place nuts in a shallow pan and bake in a preheated 325* oven for 8-10 mins or until golden brown. Let cool.
-In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in honey, eggs and vanilla.
- In a bowl combine the flout, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to the creamed mixture until well blended.
-Mix in the granola and nuts.
-Divide dough in half.
-On a greased and floured baking sheet pat dough out into 2 logs about a 1/2 in high, 1 1/2 in wide and 14 in long with the logs at least 2 in apart.
-Bake in the middle of a preheated 325* oven for 25 mins or until lightly browned.
-Transfer from the baking sheet to a rack and allow to cool for 5 mins.
-Place on cutting board and slice diagonally with a serrated knife at a 45* angle making slices about 1/2 in thick.
-Lay the slices flat on the baking sheet and return to the oven for 10 more minutes, turning them over once, to dry them slightly.
-Let cool on a rack and store tightly covered.

~Granola~ Makes 1 cup.

1 1/2 Tbs olive or vegetable oil
1 1/2 Tbs honey
1 1/2 Tbs brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 C regular oatmeal

-In a small saucepan combine the oil, honey, sugar and vanilla. Heat, stirring, just until combined.
-Spread oatmeal in a shallow pan, pour honey mixture over the oatmeal and mix until well combined.
-Bake in a preheated 325* oven for 30 mins or until oatmeal is slightly crisp and lightly browned, stirring twice.
-Let cool.

-Place oil, honey, sugar and vanilla in a microwavable bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds to heat through.
-Spread oatmeal in a shallow baking dish and pour honey mixture over, mixing until well coated
-Microwave on high for 2 mins, stir. Microwave 3-5 mins longer or until the oatmeal is slightly crisp and lightly browned
-Let cool.

I love this biscotti with tea- I'll probably make up a batch tomorrow!

~Rachel~ Mama to THREE!! beautiful boys- Nathaniel 12/04, Caleb 05/07, and Benjamin!! 12/20/2011. Wife to David, the most awesome dh Volunteer Babywearing Educator forBWI DC-MD-VA!
MamaRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:13 PM   #12
Registered Users
Re: Biscotti recipe?

I love making biscotti! I know this was for gifts, but I lovelovelove this recipe:
BlessedMommyof1 is offline   Reply With Quote