Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2007, 10:10 AM   #1
ebutterfly782
Registered Users
Formerly: s**wski
seller

My Mood:
After 1 ped loved the CD, the others didn't!!

Arggg! The first ped I saw with DD at the new practice thought it was great that we were CDing. She even admitted that she was too chicken to try them. I am going to try to convert her. Anyhow... I wonder if she realizes that 2 of her collegues (sp?) don't "approve" of them. I think that DD is allergic to sposie wipes. She cleared up this weekend while using cloth wipes. Dr. #1 said that it was allergic dermatitis. I agreed. We thought it was from suedecloth. He said "oh, you're using cloth diapers" I replied "Yeah, they save so much money and are so cute!" He replied "They don't save money by the time you factor in water and time" GRRRR! You mean to tell me that I spend that much on water. I mean that would be thousands of dollars over the course of 3 years. I don't think so! So, I talked to Dr. #2 about my theory of allergic to disposable wipes (BTW ~ DCP has to use them without a note from dr. which is what I was aiming for). He said that it was probably just because DCP doesn't change her as much as she should. Paper diapers (his word for sposies) were much more absorbant and keep baby's skin drier. I use BG! pockets. The wetness is in the insert not against her bum. Also, DCP changes her at a minimum every 2 hours. I think that is fine. DD is not a heavy wetter at all. (I mean, 1 cottonbabies one-size and 2 microfiber towels last her from 7 pm to 5-6 am.)

What am I to do? DH said that he is going to call today and lie. Tell them that she went to DCP and her rash flared back up. That way we can just get the note. Hey, he's lying to keep DD rash free. TIA!

Advertisement

Old 03-13-2007, 10:23 AM   #2
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: After 1 ped loved the CD, the others didn't!!

i would just lie too. that's ridiculous, i think it's insane that anyone needs a note to have what they want put on their dc anyhow!!!! esp when we're avoiding nasty chemicals. honestly, we don't have to have a note that says "no you may not dump bleach on my child as they will react badly to that."....why do we have to have a note that says "no you may not put chemical bleach filled diapers on my childs rear everyday as i don't appreaciate it and they'll get a rash." .

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:40 AM   #3
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

can you call and leave a message for the "good" doctor and get her to write the note?

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:44 AM   #4
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by graces-mommie View Post
can you call and leave a message for the "good" doctor and get her to write the note?

i think that would be your best bet

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:01 AM   #5
ebutterfly782
Registered Users
Formerly: s**wski
seller

My Mood:

DH said that he is going to ask for her or another one that had no reaction one way or the other about the diapers. He was nice too. I left him a list of drs and which ones I liked/ disliked.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:19 AM   #6
Stefany
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is insane. It is YOUR personal choice to use cloth so if you ask for a note, there should be no hesitation on the doctor's part. You aren't asking for a prescription for medicine... you are asking to use CLOTH WIPES for goodness sake. I would call and tell them you have decided that you want to use cloth despite what the doctor said and would appreciate a note to be given to you. If they give you trouble, tell them it is YOUR time and YOUR water... you will do what you want... and they should just give the note!
Old 03-13-2007, 01:03 PM   #7
AmyEm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by satmst View Post
That is insane. It is YOUR personal choice to use cloth so if you ask for a note, there should be no hesitation on the doctor's part. You aren't asking for a prescription for medicine... you are asking to use CLOTH WIPES for goodness sake. I would call and tell them you have decided that you want to use cloth despite what the doctor said and would appreciate a note to be given to you. If they give you trouble, tell them it is YOUR time and YOUR water... you will do what you want... and they should just give the note!

I completely agree!!
Old 03-13-2007, 01:27 PM   #8
e_mom_e
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
hehe good one!

doctors are so ignorant to anything against the mainstream...clothdipes, homemade babyfood (they all say oh the other stuff is just as good or better in their opinion), cows milk, of course the vaccines and all that stuff, now I am not saying I do this stuff or don't do this stuff, just that if it isn't mainstream, it aint good in their eyes. so ignorant.

oh and my son needs to be wiped off if i use any sposie wipes, and I also only use the sensitive skin type with usually no scents either. but I find if I leave the wetness on his bum he tends to get a rash later. So I usually follow up with a dry cloth because usually a wet cloth wipe isn't accessible to me at that moment that's why I use them. But using a wet cloth wipe doesn't produce that effect, so it must be the chemicals. it's all I can figure.

ps...my water bill hasn't changed a bit since starting cloth and ds is 11 months!!! tell that dumb doctor that hehehehe
Old 03-13-2007, 01:30 PM   #9
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
exactly

I think it's completely ridiculous that it's taking THIS MUCH effort to get a freakin note.
mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:35 PM   #10
Shyla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow I am so glad my pedi is not like that. She wants me to bring in info to put out on where to get them. I am soo sry you have to deal with this. All I have to do is ask and my Pedi writes a note (shes done it before when dealing with cows milk and preschool. We dont do cows milk)
ISO GMS & Wool:
Shyla is offline   Reply With Quote