Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-14-2010, 01:17 PM   #11
sharon_k
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Serious Squinting Needed

thanks I wanted to test so badly, and went into our local pharmacy where all they had was "good neighbor pharmacy" brand blue dye tests. MY LUCK. I would've had to make a bigger trip to go somewhere like Rite Aid/CVS. I am going to save the 2nd test (it was a 2 pack) for thursday. If I like what I see when I pee on that one, I'm getting a FRER for sure!

Advertisement

Old 12-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #12
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I see a super faint line on the top pick, nothing in the second. I also don't thInk it's in the right spot so I don't trust it.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:25 PM   #13
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Also , just checked your chart and I'm not sure you are recording cp right. When it's "high" that means forward and closer to your stomach ... "low" means back and towards your back...I'm just reading hfc and assuming you mean lfc but fertility friend doesnt.

And if I'm wrong, sorry!
Old 12-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #14
jessmomof2
Registered Users

My Mood:

sorry I don't see anything... Hope I am wrong, not very good at squinters myself. Wish all the best to you. FX!!!!
jessmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:32 PM   #15
sharon_k
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

tygr- I record as low when i can reach it easily, and high when it's, well, high (as in hard to reach) I looked @ my chart, that day when I have HFC, my cervix was way up high still, but firm & closed.

I added a saturated pic to original post. I *think* it makes it more clear as to positioning of line. Tell me what you think.

Last edited by sharon_k; 12-14-2010 at 01:34 PM.
sharon_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:36 PM   #16
MommyKeller0107
Registered Users
seller

Blue dyes almost always look like that... which is why they're no good for early testing. Once the pee travels over the test spot, there's usually a squinty shadow left. So I see a line, but I wouldn't say it's a 'true' line, KWIM?

for you in a few days though, mama! Hopefully thursday there will be a better line!

L0Ri K

MAMA T0 KADE (1/07)
LEVi (09/10)!

:: & RUBY ♥ ::
MommyKeller0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:45 PM   #17
flmamao2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I see it...but that said those darn blue dye tests are the worst! FX it darkens up for you mama
Old 12-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #18
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon_k View Post
tygr- I record as low when i can reach it easily, and high when it's, well, high (as in hard to reach) I looked @ my chart, that day when I have HFC, my cervix was way up high still, but firm & closed.

I added a saturated pic to original post. I *think* it makes it more clear as to positioning of line. Tell me what you think.
That's what I meant... You've got it backwards.. When it's easy to reach, that's "high", and soft high open and wet is called SHOW and most fertile, so when you put that it's "low" when it's actually "high" fertility friend may interpret your signs differently and give different results. That's the scientific way and how is taught in " taking charge of your fertility", not my crazy opinion lol!
Old 12-14-2010, 03:50 PM   #19
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

I see very faint on the last pic. Good luck!!!
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:53 PM   #20
sharon_k
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410 View Post
That's what I meant... You've got it backwards.. When it's easy to reach, that's "high", and soft high open and wet is called SHOW and most fertile, so when you put that it's "low" when it's actually "high" fertility friend may interpret your signs differently and give different results. That's the scientific way and how is taught in " taking charge of your fertility", not my crazy opinion lol!
I really don't think I have it backwards:

Taken from website about.com, how to check your cervical position.

"If you’re not close to ovulation, you should find your cervix easily. If you are ovulating, your cervix may be higher in your body and more difficult to reach."
"As ovulation approaches, the cervix moves higher up, becoming softer and less firm and opening more. High, soft and open is a possible indication of approaching ovulation: you should make time for sex if you want to get pregnant. Low, firm and closed is not a fertile sign, and you’re probably not ovulating yet."

From another website justmommies.com, on checking your cervix:
"Right after menstration, your cervix will be low and easier for you to reach. It will feel firmer and closed. During ovulation your cervix will be higher and more difficult to reach. It will also feel soft, wet and you may notice it feeling more open."

Even on the tcoyf website there are posts from members about cervix being high which = hard to reach.

I did have my cervix entries on my chart initially, but I deleted most of them between cd 19 & 25 as my cervix was high, soft and open the whole week. And everytime I've entered HSO it came up in green which indicates fertile, so that has to be right. I was hoping if I took out those entries, FF could just rely on my temps to pinpoint a date.