Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-14-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
twogirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

Un-weaning??? Help!

My 18 month old YDD self-weaned about 2 weeks ago. She was fine without nursing (I was a mess!) and did not even seem to notice...until this weekend. Now she is crying for "miiiik" at bedtime each night. I tried to nurse her twice yesterday, and she got very frustrated b/c there was no milk. I would love to continue to nurse her at bedtime if I can get any kind of supply back--but since AF returned (last month), I've had very little milk at all. I teach full time, but I'm getting ready to have 2 weeks of for Christmas...maybe that will help? I'd like to just nurse her at night (and maybe in the morning)--any suggestions????????

Advertisement

Old 12-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
mommyof3armywife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Un-weaning??? Help!

drink lots of water
but if you are dried up already there is not much you can do. I dried up in about 2 weeks as well. I am sorry I am not much help.
Maybe instead of nursing her you could rock her for bed time, that is what I am doing with my daughter, she was ready and I was not quite so she stopped nursing but we are still rocking to sleep so I can hold her and sunggle with her.
mommyof3armywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:49 AM   #3
twogirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the advice!
Old 12-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #4
CEVmommy
Registered Users
seller

My daughter nurses about once per week. She has gone up to 2 weeks in between even. When I was pregnant, she didn't seem to care too much that there was no milk, she was really nursing more for comfort anyway. Now, she doesn't usually get any milk when she nurses even though I know there is plenty of milk (I'm also nursing my younger dd). My older dd seems to have forgotten how to get the milk though. She still wants to nurse though every few days or so. I'd say just let her nurse, and see what happens, and don't worry about there being a lot of milk at this point, since that's probably not what it's all about anymore based on that behavior.