Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-18-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
MrsS
Registered Users
seller

ECing infant boy (3 months)

I ec'ed my first daughter from 4 months on and now she's a graduate but my little guy is so different and I can't get him to relax enough on the BBP to go. He'll start going but when I put him on the potty he tenses up and tries to stand. He sprays pee everywhere and nothing goes in the potty. He LOVEs to stand but I cant' potty him in our tub because of issues with it's drain.

I really want to start esp. after waking up and at other times but wow a boy makes it more complicated esp. when they have strong legs and only want to stand!

Advertisement

MrsS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
smilingjessica
Registered Users
seller

Re: ECing infant boy (3 months)

DS is older than yours (21 months), so I don't know how it would work with a young one, but I've had him pee into all sorts of buckets standing. It works great for us. I have a mop type bucket that he stands at in the bathroom and then I dump it and rinse it. But we also have a sand castle type bucket that we use occasionally and a little container with lid in the car, it was a costco almond container. That one works great with the lid if we are in a highly populated area, I just have him go in the car and then put the lid on and take it home, no need to dump it while out.

I also have had him pee standing at the sink, I just help aim a little and then rinse the sink out. When he was smaller, the sink was his fav place to pee in the infant hold position because of the mirror.

Have you tried the infant hold with him much? Also, maybe the seat is cold, try buying/making a seat cover for it. That helped us in the winter.
smilingjessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #3
kbunz
Registered Users

Re: ECing infant boy (3 months)

What about the bathroom sink?
Only other idea is just don't push too hard. They go through phases where they are resistant, and I'd let him have his voice heard on the matter.
Isn't it fun to have a boy?
kbunz is offline   Reply With Quote