Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2007, 06:14 PM   #1
jpneyra
Registered Users

What do you use to freshen you baby?

I am looking for something to freshen up my DS in between bathings. I asked Northern Essence if you could use their wipe solution but they said the EO may cause breakouts on the face. What do you use?

Advertisement

jpneyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:17 PM   #2
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you use to freshen you baby?

my dd gets a bath EVERY night or everyother night at the most
mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:17 PM   #3
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

you could probably use water, a drop of baby wash and some baby oil
mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:26 PM   #4
jpneyra
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommypatton521 View Post
my dd gets a bath EVERY night or everyother night at the most
DS's Ped says to prevent dry skin, don't wash every day, only 3times a week. I am looking for something that you don't have to rinse off. When my grandmother was in the hospital, they used a waterless bath product you sprayed on. I'm looking for something like that.
jpneyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:36 PM   #5
stephlynnette
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm...I don't know, but I'm watching! We don't bathe Logan every day, either; it's about 3 times a week or so. He has really sensitive skin, and it irritates it to bathe too much.
stephlynnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:16 PM   #6
paulnkyliesmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

this may sound strange but have you considered checking out a medical supply store.We didn't bathe the kids but about 3x a week as babies but now at least every other day if not every day.But back to your question my mom is a nurse and we used the spray on stuff you were talking about that she got from the hospital.I bet a med supply store would carry this.
paulnkyliesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:23 PM   #7
jessicap
Registered Users
seller

I personally just use water on their faces, and then I use the wipe water...I put our wipe water in a spray bottle with a drop or two of lavender, and I put the wipe water on a washcloth and wipe them down a bit....I do not bathe Landyn more than once a week unless needed and Ayden gets one every other day....we live up north and the winter is brutal on kids skin bc it is so dry up here....
jessicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:29 PM   #8
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpneyra View Post
DS's Ped says to prevent dry skin, don't wash every day, only 3times a week. I am looking for something that you don't have to rinse off. When my grandmother was in the hospital, they used a waterless bath product you sprayed on. I'm looking for something like that.
This actually isn't correct. I know EVERYone says this, Peds, etc. but if your child has dry skin, give him a bath every single day in lukewarm water for 10 minutes. Pull him out and lotion him up BEFORE drying him off. Warm to hot water will dry him out. Lukewarm water will absorb into his skin. The lotion locks in the moisture.

I've had LOTS of experiance with many many dry skinned/eczema babies and this worked with every single one of them. (Including DH, though he's not a baby) Also, Gentle Naturals baby ezcema cream will help if there are certain problem areas. But normal "dry skin" lotion should work.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:29 PM   #9
NatureandNurture
Registered Users
Formerly: Falls-Acre
seller

I might try the wipe-down suggestion. I bathe Di a few times a week, but her hair gets washed more often than that because it seems to get oily quite quickly. In fact, mere hours after a bath, you can't even smell the shampoo anymore.

Amiguramist extraordinaire!
http://hyenacart.com/NatureandNurture/
NatureandNurture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:37 PM   #10
mommyto3girls
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer23 View Post
Also, Gentle Naturals baby ezcema cream will help if there are certain problem areas. But normal "dry skin" lotion should work.

Isn't it nice to find something that works for your child? Just a word of caution though to others trying it . Sage has Ezcema and after having this recommending by someone irl I bought it, her bad patches swelled up and turned bright red and itched her like crazy. I would suggest doing a spot test first. I use bag balm on her really bad spots when necessary cetaphil usually thought Northern Essence lotion is working well right now.
mommyto3girls is offline   Reply With Quote