Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2007, 07:41 PM   #11
evandmp
Surrounded by Geminis!
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you use to freshen you baby?

There is a rinseless wash by mustela called Phisiobebe. Ive never tried it but it has good reviews on Amazon. You can get a at TRUS and BRUS as well as other kids stores.

Advertisement

evandmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:47 PM   #12
Karri_B
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

have you thought about infant massage? This way your DC will get wonderful time with his/her mom or dad and great stimulation as well. We use almond oil during Natalie's massage.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:11 PM   #13
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i just use plain old water for "spot" cleanings then lotion or oil him up . he has really sensitive skin and so far i've been using burts apricot oil, what i believe may be northern essences baby oil (i bought it from a different store though and it has no lable that says a comp name ) and london frogg's toadally tender. mostly we've been using the toadally tender lately though. we bathe about every other day in lukewarm water, sometimes more often, sometimes less often. but we do massage the oil or cream in...he loves it!!!!

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:18 PM   #14
travelinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just water, a lot of rinseless washes have a lot of alcohol in them which can dry out skin. At least the ones that the hospital uses. If your dc doesn't have a problem with dry skin then you don't have to worry about giving a bath every day. If they do then I'd start cutting back on bath time. My older dc get a bath/shower every day. The baby gets one whenever he gets dirty. I wash his face and hands several times a day with just water and washcloth.
travelinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:21 PM   #15
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dd gets a bath every night
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:23 PM   #16
KKDJLJA
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I just use a little baby soap on a rag and rinse.
KKDJLJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:40 PM   #17
mimid
Registered Users
seller

I use plain water on a velour wipe. we bathe weekly and do the wipe down throughut the day as needed. Washing everyday was too rough on their skin. DD3 still has issues.
mimid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:37 AM   #18
jpneyra
Registered Users

Thank you so much for all your advice. You have given me a lot of options. Now which one to start off with...
jpneyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:58 AM   #19
BGsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer23 View Post
This actually isn't correct. I know EVERYone says this, Peds, etc. but if your child has dry skin, give him a bath every single day in lukewarm water for 10 minutes. Pull him out and lotion him up BEFORE drying him off. Warm to hot water will dry him out. Lukewarm water will absorb into his skin. The lotion locks in the moisture.

I've had LOTS of experiance with many many dry skinned/eczema babies and this worked with every single one of them. (Including DH, though he's not a baby) Also, Gentle Naturals baby ezcema cream will help if there are certain problem areas. But normal "dry skin" lotion should work.
I did not know this. My kids all have very dry skin & our ped told us not bathe everyday. How do you get the lotion to rub in while still wet? Isn't it messy? And it doesn't rub off on the towel? I will have to try this. Thanks
Old 03-14-2007, 11:24 AM   #20
snookies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer23 View Post
This actually isn't correct. I know EVERYone says this, Peds, etc. but if your child has dry skin, give him a bath every single day in lukewarm water for 10 minutes. Pull him out and lotion him up BEFORE drying him off. Warm to hot water will dry him out. Lukewarm water will absorb into his skin. The lotion locks in the moisture.

I've had LOTS of experiance with many many dry skinned/eczema babies and this worked with every single one of them. (Including DH, though he's not a baby) Also, Gentle Naturals baby ezcema cream will help if there are certain problem areas. But normal "dry skin" lotion should work.
I agree. My son had eczema and our ped dermatologist said to bathe daily, sometimes use aveeno bath oil in the water and put on an unscented cream like galaxal base, while they are still wet. It made a huge difference. Being in dipes all day I think they need a daily bath. God knows I need a daily shower