Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-20-2010, 07:03 AM   #1
Ellysmom06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do swagbucks amazon gift cards 'expire'

I'm new to swagbucks, just joined a few months ago and am 1 point away from my first $5 amazon gift card! Should I cash in as soon as I can get it or do I have to use it with in a certian amount of time? I dont want to buy it and have it 'expire' or something since I don't need anything right now. Or can I cash in and 'save' for later? Thanks in advance experianced swagbuckers (I so dont' know the lingo yet :P )

Advertisement

Come earn free Amazon Gift Cards with me using Swagbucks!

Check out my listings on Ebay
Ellysmom06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:55 AM   #2
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Do swagbucks amazon gift cards 'expire'

I cash them in immediately - just hit 450 this morning and cashed one in actually. There's a limit to how many you can cash in of any single prize type at once - only up to 2 of any one prize in one day or up to 5 in a calendar month, so if you save up your SBs to cash in all at once when you want something, you could end up stuck. Also it can take 10-14 days to process your cards too, so it's nice to have them already cashed in and ready for when what you want drops to a nicer price.

If you leave the gift cards in your swagbucks account, they do expire however (although the expiration is measured in years), so transfer them to your amazon account, where they will be there until you choose to use them. I get them cashed in, and as soon they send me the email that my card is in, copy and paste the code into my amazon account, and then just save them up there until I'm ready to buy. Most of DH's gifts this Christmas were free with SBs.

Last edited by Computermama; 12-20-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:31 AM   #3
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do swagbucks amazon gift cards 'expire'

I agree with pp, that's what I do too. I trust Amazon more than I do Swagbucks and would hate for them to disappear.

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote