Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2011, 08:12 AM   #1
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
JuneBugs - St Patrick's Chat Thread (March)

Yet another month - where does the time go?!!!

AFM:
Seriously.
Isaac woke up this morning... vomiting... AGAIN.
Seriously? We just did this starting 2wks tomorrow - it's only been like 1.5wks of feeling well.
I'm about ready to give up! If only it was that easy.

I was supposed to take the attendance sheets for nursery school this morning - obviously I can't, Isaac's not going anywhere. Had to call the teacher and (hopefully) she'll pick them up on her way by our house.

And I'm supposed to be organizing the skate photos this afternoon (with another lady, but I hate to drop it all on her) and the dress rehearsal for the ice show, after the pics are done.
Not sure how I'm supposed to get any of that done now. Grr.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: JuneBugs - St Patrick's Chat Thread (March)

Oh Elena! That stinks! Nothing is worse than sick kiddo's especially that kind!
I have a hard time getting anything done with my 3, I don't see how you do it! You are my hero!

When we went to Costco this weekend I found some cute Hanna Anderson pj's for Cooper for $12 bucks and a cute carters outfit for $6! I love their kids clothes! I also found some calvin klein jeans for myself for $25!

This morning I attempted zumba! It was alot of fun till they came to get me because Cooper was screaming! Same thing happened sunday at church! He can only do about 15 minutes before he looses his mind! I have never had a little one get seperation anxiety this young. Any thought son what I can do? I am paying $72/month for the membership that I can't use because Cooper doesn't want anything to do with it! Should I just keep trying?

I am going friday to get my hair cut and colored! I haven't done it since August so it needs it badly! This is what I am doing:
http://www.aaa-fashion.com/wp-conten...airstyle-1.jpg
Old 03-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #3
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Tamara, it does stink. And more so because it's come so soon after all of us being sick! I just hope this one doesn't go through us all again - I honestly don't think I can handle that.
For now it seems like Isaac's on the mend again - he vomited at 8, 8:30, 9 and 10 - hasn't since. And he ate a sandwich and some applesauce for lunch and is still asking for cereal. So, fingers crossed we're in the clear with him. I hate sick kiddos.
Based on him now, I think I can get to skating pics this afternoon. I hate to take him without waiting near 24hrs after last symptom, but I really need to get there. I don't think he'll be able to skate, I think he'll be too tired out, but at least we can go and he can get ready long enough for his group pic. Then when DH gets home, hopefully he can take Isaac home and I'll stay with the older 2 and Levi to finish up with the pics and dress rehearsal.
Oy!

FWIW, I don't want to do all this stuff. I would so much rather not have to go anywhere or see anyone... I don't really like people much. I mean, not people, but society as a whole, lol. But I don't want the kids to do nothing, so I force myself to get going and doing this stuff for them! And I feel kinda obligated to help out with things as much as I can because we have so many kids involved, lol.

I'd keep going and taking him, he'll get more and more used to it as he gets older. It's totally normal for him to have anxiety right now, and it may even worsen (the boys have had it worst at about 18mos), but he'll get there.

That's the hair cut Ruthie has! I love it on her, though my hair would never cooperate with that style, lol.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Oh, I hate people too Elena. Even though I am an extrovert, lol. Not sure how that works!

Enough with the sickness! Everyone here had the stomach thing and now people are saying their stomach hurts all over again! Noooooooooooooo!

I like to be with all my kids and the DH. Hiking, at the beach, just us. But that doesn't happen, so like you, I have to be out and about doing stuff for them to be with them, etc.

Tam, I love that hairstyle! that is KINDA what I did, except I have curly hair, so it would never look like that. And I can't get the back to look how I want it to, mostly bc I just hack away at it without using a mirror
As for Coop and the separation anxiety, this is exactly the time of it! 7-9 months! Can you go super early before DH goes to work and the kids to school (like 5 or 6?) or late? and leave Coop at home? Our church has a toddler room but the baby room is serve yourself (TV with sermon, nursing chairs, changing table, toys, but no person in there), which is ok by me, bc I wouldn't leave him anyway. I don't *trust* that someone would come get me as SOON as he started crying. At another church I went to, when DS2 was small, at the end of service, I went and they said, "oh he just started crying" and I knew they were lying bc he had the shakes (when they have been sobbing) for HOURS after and I couldn't put him down for 2 days straight. So, I always think people are "trying to give mom a break" and think that they will deal with them crying so that I can enjoy the sermon, but that's not how I roll. So, they said at my church they might start offering baby care and I said, that's fine, but i won't use it. I just keep him in service til he is noisy then we go down to the nursery and I watch the sermon on TV while he empties the sposie shelf and tries to pull the changing table on himself

So, Kailani is 9 months old today!!!!!!!! wowzers. I can't imagine my life without him. He is so beautiful, wild, funny....he has brought just unfathomable joy to our lives . I really have to get a move on his party! Hana wants to have just a family party with us and the boys, but if his family comes from TX to see the baby, then it will be a huge luau (his aunt and uncle cater and throw luaus). I would love it to be a big deal like his welcome cookout we had. Hana wants to be able for us to just relax and enjoy him instead of stressing about everyone coming. It doesn't matter to me too much, but since I have family here and kids get to an age where they only want kid parties, I feel we should have family here for the party anyway! So, idk what we are gonna do. If his family says they are coming, decision is made for us! But i need to know soon. With lax and end of school year, etc, etc, it will come upon us quick!

i posted in tbw, but ideas for 1 yr presents?
I like this: https://www.littlezenminds.com/shop-...tap-bench.html
and want to get a wooden ride on for outside. I saw the really cute wheely bugs ones but they say only for really smooth surfaces. We don't have enough non-carpet to make it work. I want an outside toy that's not plastic. and maybe some balls? Although he doesn't seem to into them. My other kids were crazy for them at his age.

Oh and he's being slick lately. I came in last night from picking the lax boys up from practice and he was there with dh and the other 2. He was chewing and grinning at me all happy....he had a piece of TAPE in his mouth. he is so naughty, he plays nice with his toys or food, but if it's something he knows he shouldn't have, he looks at you, smiles and puts it in his mouth even while you are saying "no"
Old 03-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #5
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jul I love that toy! May have to put that on the list for Coop-a-loop! He will be 9 months in 3 days and I can not believe it! Really it feels like I was listenting to him scream for 12 hours and counting down to when I wouldn't be a single mom anymore....I am pretty sad though because I think that we *should* be done with kids. If DH and my relationship was better I would consider it but I am really nervous!

Today Anthony has peed in his underwear about 5 times! I put Cooper to bed and told the kids not to come into the room, sure enough Anthony comes in, wakes Cooper up so I have both kids crying and then Paityn tells me that her head is itchy! I may literally have to check myself into a looney bin if she has lice again! Now I can't stop itching!

Honestly I don't see myself being able to go that earlier in the morning. Unfortunatly the classes are all at that time! As far as church goes, I will just take him with me and when he starts "talking" I will leave.

I finally went to the doc for my neck and he told me that I have a trapezius strain and that I should do physical therapy! I told him that i have 3 kids and not a single minute to myself! So he told me to do the same crap that I am already doing! So annoyed with him! I still need to make an appt with the OBGYN because I have thrush and another clogged duct. I just can't imagine taking Anthony with me and them trying to do a pelvic exam!

My DF is pregnant with her 3rd and in the hospital trying to stop preterm labor. She is barely 30 weeks. So far they think they have stopped it but expect her to deliver in the next 2-3 weeks. She is at 4 cm and 75% effaced. She had some procardia (i think), terb, and magnesium and they stopped the contractions. Hopefully she stays pregnant for at least another 6-7 weeks!

Then another DF said her daughter was diagnosed with a rare autoimmune disease that is incurable and will have devestating effects!

Alright enough of being a Debbie Downer!
Old 03-02-2011, 03:12 AM   #6
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Elena - you poor woman - you do SOO much. You are like super woman or something. So sorry about sick little ones - sick kids tend to be more combersume then you being sick yourself sometimes.

Tam - I would keep trying to go. I teach Zumba and I take both the girls with me, Henna has her moments, but she's gotten used to when Zumba music is on it's mommy's time - but it's taken some time to get her used to it. Coop will start to understand that you haven't left him forever it will just take some time - they may have to keep coming to get you 15-20 minutes in for a little bit, but that reassurance is a big deal and he will start to understand. Plus you need to do this FOR YOU, so you can stay the awesome mom you are...we need time to ourselves.

Jul - we haven't really done much in the way of birthdays - I made Zay a mushroom cake with fairies for her 2nd birthday, and Brian takes leave for any birthday or anniversary but we don't do too much that is special.

AFM: Just super busy with the play it's this weekend. We had a preview dress last night so people were watching during practice - it went pretty well. There is a pie fight and boy what a mess the whip cream melted and went everywhere so we are switching to cool whip. I've started loosing weight again finally - we decided to add fish back in to the vegan diet to help with protein and it has been helping I've lost 6 lbs in the past few weeks. So I've lost over 60 lbs now.

AFH: She is full on walking - no more cruising or just a few steps she's found her legs and is everywhere. And has finally stopped crying all day - I'm being called BBL
Old 03-02-2011, 09:52 AM   #7
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
Enough with the sickness! Everyone here had the stomach thing and now people are saying their stomach hurts all over again! Noooooooooooooo!

As for Coop and the separation anxiety, this is exactly the time of it! 7-9 months! Can you go super early before DH goes to work and the kids to school (like 5 or 6?) or late? and leave Coop at home? Our church has a toddler room but the baby room is serve yourself (TV with sermon, nursing chairs, changing table, toys, but no person in there), which is ok by me, bc I wouldn't leave him anyway. I don't *trust* that someone would come get me as SOON as he started crying. At another church I went to, when DS2 was small, at the end of service, I went and they said, "oh he just started crying" and I knew they were lying bc he had the shakes (when they have been sobbing) for HOURS after and I couldn't put him down for 2 days straight. So, I always think people are "trying to give mom a break" and think that they will deal with them crying so that I can enjoy the sermon, but that's not how I roll. So, they said at my church they might start offering baby care and I said, that's fine, but i won't use it. I just keep him in service til he is noisy then we go down to the nursery and I watch the sermon on TV while he empties the sposie shelf and tries to pull the changing table on himself

So, Kailani is 9 months old today!!!!!!!! wowzers. I can't imagine my life without him. He is so beautiful, wild, funny....he has brought just unfathomable joy to our lives . I really have to get a move on his party! Hana wants to have just a family party with us and the boys, but if his family comes from TX to see the baby, then it will be a huge luau (his aunt and uncle cater and throw luaus). I would love it to be a big deal like his welcome cookout we had. Hana wants to be able for us to just relax and enjoy him instead of stressing about everyone coming. It doesn't matter to me too much, but since I have family here and kids get to an age where they only want kid parties, I feel we should have family here for the party anyway! So, idk what we are gonna do. If his family says they are coming, decision is made for us! But i need to know soon. With lax and end of school year, etc, etc, it will come upon us quick!

i posted in tbw, but ideas for 1 yr presents?
I like this: https://www.littlezenminds.com/shop-...tap-bench.html
and want to get a wooden ride on for outside. I saw the really cute wheely bugs ones but they say only for really smooth surfaces. We don't have enough non-carpet to make it work. I want an outside toy that's not plastic. and maybe some balls? Although he doesn't seem to into them. My other kids were crazy for them at his age.

Oh and he's being slick lately. I came in last night from picking the lax boys up from practice and he was there with dh and the other 2. He was chewing and grinning at me all happy....he had a piece of TAPE in his mouth. he is so naughty, he plays nice with his toys or food, but if it's something he knows he shouldn't have, he looks at you, smiles and puts it in his mouth even while you are saying "no"
I agree - definitely enough with the sickies for this year! Heck, I think we've paid our dues for the next few years, personally! Man, it's been a rough one. The silver lining is that Levi hasn't gotten too sick through any of it - yay for momma's milk!

I haven't put Levi in the nursery at church yet - I think I will have to start taking him soon... maybe. Most weeks he's very content to just sit close to me and play quietly with some toys or eat a few puffs - just generally quiet. He always wants to nurse in the middle of church, but I've taken to just going out in the foyer, right outside the sanctuary, and nursing on a bench there so I can still hear the sermon.
That's the problem with the nursery for me - though the sermon is put through speakers into there, it's too loud in there to actually hear it. And I kinda want to hear it, lol. I think Levi would be all right being left in the nursery for a bit, but not with other babies all ready upset - and there's always one or 2 screaming in there.
So, for now I don't bother. I was thinking back with the other kids - with Ruthie we had a similar room to what you described, Jul - rocking chairs, change table, toys, but no "workers", you just stayed with the baby. So I got used to that. I stayed with her in nurseries (there and elsewhere) until she was about 2yrs old, then when I would leave her she was a-ok with it - but she's very independent. With Zech and Isaac, I left them in the nursery a lot earlier - probably about 6mos they were staying the whole service - but they were totally fine. Zech did go through a horrid sep anxiety stage, around 15-18mos, and would cry but he was very obviously mad at us for leaving him when he didn't want it, kwim? He did get over it - and he never cried the whole time, just while we were actually leaving the room - after a minute or 2 when we were gone he just happily played with the toys and other kids! Turkey!

At least at MOTS we have a form filled out saying when you want to be called - as soon as they cry, try for a few minutes then call, or do everything in your power and don't call, lol. But even there Levi's only gone in the nursery... twice I think, both when we were doing baking for the morning. The first time he was only a few months old and cuddled to sleep, the 2nd was just last month and he was totally fine playing happily until my friend went in to check on the kids - he saw her and would not let her leave without him, lol!

I can't believe we're coming up to 9 months - and K's all ready there! That's the same time(ish, lol) these wee ones were snuggled inside us... and now they're here in our arms.

I so kwym about the "slick" baby! Levi's getting good at seeing when something is in his reach, waiting until we're not watching, and going for it! He loves to watch for the hall gate to be left open and rushes to get into Ruthie's room! I caught him the other day and said "Levi, what are you doing?" He sat on his bum, cocked his head to one side (his "I'm cute" look, lol) and pointed at the open gate! Tell me he doesn't know exactly what he's doing!

We won't do anything too huge for his birthday - we always have a family supper/cake/party on the day of their bday, so we'll do that. Simple, but nice And that's as much as I want to think about that!
I don't think we'll be getting him too much for it, though - he's got tons of hand-me-downs. Maybe a new cute outfit, and the olders will want to pick out a toy or something like that, I'm sure. Nothing too much though.

I like that music set! And now I'm looking through the 1yr toys on there, lol.
Levi likes these things

I like lots, lol...

LOVE these shape sorters!

blocks maybe?

OMGoodness!!! Love these!!!!!!

'kay I'm done now

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarag View Post
I am pretty sad though because I think that we *should* be done with kids. If DH and my relationship was better I would consider it but I am really nervous!

Today Anthony has peed in his underwear about 5 times! I put Cooper to bed and told the kids not to come into the room, sure enough Anthony comes in, wakes Cooper up so I have both kids crying and then Paityn tells me that her head is itchy! I may literally have to check myself into a looney bin if she has lice again! Now I can't stop itching!

I finally went to the doc for my neck and he told me that I have a trapezius strain and that I should do physical therapy! I told him that i have 3 kids and not a single minute to myself! So he told me to do the same crap that I am already doing! So annoyed with him! I still need to make an appt with the OBGYN because I have thrush and another clogged duct. I just can't imagine taking Anthony with me and them trying to do a pelvic exam!

My DF is pregnant with her 3rd and in the hospital trying to stop preterm labor. She is barely 30 weeks. So far they think they have stopped it but expect her to deliver in the next 2-3 weeks. She is at 4 cm and 75% effaced. She had some procardia (i think), terb, and magnesium and they stopped the contractions. Hopefully she stays pregnant for at least another 6-7 weeks!

Then another DF said her daughter was diagnosed with a rare autoimmune disease that is incurable and will have devestating effects!
I'm sorry things are rough between you and DH.
And more for the pt'ing with Anthony (I know how frustrating that can be), the itchy head ( for no lice, not again), and for your owies - and I'm sorry the Dr was so useless about it. Unfortunately, they tend to be when it comes to anything to do with back/hip troubles, from my experience. Is there any way you could go to a chiropractor? It would take a couple weeks of adjustments I would imagine, but would certainly be faster than physio or nothing.

for your DF and the baby. Is this the same DF that you're lending the BH to? I'll get looking a bit more for one for myself and get yours packaged up to return!
More and for the other DF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeCo7707 View Post
AFM: Just super busy with the play it's this weekend. We had a preview dress last night so people were watching during practice - it went pretty well. There is a pie fight and boy what a mess the whip cream melted and went everywhere so we are switching to cool whip. I've started loosing weight again finally - we decided to add fish back in to the vegan diet to help with protein and it has been helping I've lost 6 lbs in the past few weeks. So I've lost over 60 lbs now.

AFH: She is full on walking - no more cruising or just a few steps she's found her legs and is everywhere. And has finally stopped crying all day - I'm being called BBL
Good luck with the play, Mer! Thinking about the pie fight makes me cringe - I hate food messes.
for weight loss! Great job!
Still can't believe the walking. Wowzers! And thank goodness Levi's not walking yet - although he does go everything crawling anyways, lol.

AFM: The past couple days Levi's been sleeping really well... unfortunately it's been at all the wrong times! Yesterday afternoon I laid down in our bed with him when he started getting tired around 2pm. He fell asleep within about 10mins - didn't even want to nurse to sleep - and I crept out a few mins later. I was expected 20mins nap as usual, but he just slept and slept. The kids came home at 3:30 and we were all running around not being quiet at all, getting ready to go for skating pics. I had to wake him up just before 4pm to leave for the rink!
Then last night he went to sleep at 9pm, woke around 12:30 but I was so exhausted I gave him his sucker and laid back down - he was fussing some, not all out crying, and I pretty much passed out He woke to nurse around 3am, sometime around 6:30/7am and then I had to wake him up again at nearly 9:30am to get Isaac to nursery school!
Now watch, this afternoon when we have nowhere to go he won't nap, and tomorrow he won't sleep in in the morning at all.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #8
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have no clue why he's sleeping so much the past couple days - growth spurt maybe? I kept him awake this morning until I went to pick up Isaac - he starts to get tired somewhere between 10:30 and 11, but I need to pick up Isaac at 11:30 and that almost always wakes Levi up. This morning I distracted him with toys and stuffing diapers, lol. He fell asleep in his car seat and ended up sleeping for nearly 4hrs?! What's up with that?!!
Now he's being a rascal getting into everything. That's what a good nap gets ya, lol.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #9
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Elena, No rush at all with the BH! I am glad that it is getting some love! This is a different friend. My friend in Mississippi! She is just so prone to pre term labor. Her middle baby was born at 33 weeks on Anthony's birthday! So they are exactly a year apart! Her ODD is exactly 24 days older than Anthony! She is a great friend and I miss being close to her!

I don't know if I will be doing much for Coop's birthday. Just making him a cake and some presents. We are more that likely going to disney and my MIL has planned a party for DD while we are there. I am SO nervous about the drive. Cooper still screams in the car! She bought all the kids special cups to take into the parks, all new bathing suits, toys and will get her some ballons and a cake! My MIL is so crazy. She actually told my DD that she was her favorite and that she loved her more than the other grandchildren! They just click and DD is very nice and respectful to her unlike the other grandkids. My niece actually spit in her face once. She is crazy but has the best intentions. She would give you her chirt off her back! I love her!

Mer great job with the weight loss! And I too Can Not believe the walking! I could not imagine. Cooper wants to crawl and is trying to figure it out. On his belly he barely lifts his head but sitting he leans forward really far and you can just tell the wheels are turning...So cute! I feed him babyfood if we are having not so healthy food. Tonight he ate 2 jars with cereal, a yo baby yogurt, some of my pot pie, some of the olders chocolate pudding and he nursed before! no wonder he weighs 20 pounds! Silly kid!

Alright I will be back later!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:05 PM   #10
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Elena, I think it's maybe a combo of things? Fighting the sickies, growth spurt and doing all this getting in to stuff? It wears them out! Yeah, babies are way smarter than people give them credit for. Kailani is very self aware and knows what's going on around him as well.

Mer, that pie face sounds fun, lol! And at this point, whether he is walking or not, as Elena said, Kailani gets into stuff just the same, bc he will crawl to something, then stand on his tiptoes to reach stuff once he pulls up! I almost wish he would walk bc he is bruising his face with the face planting! Awesome on the weight loss!! I need to get at it

Tamara, I want a MIL like that . Coop seems to be doing a lot these days!

Kailani ate 1/2 a kiwi, a bowl of blueberries, a rice cake and some porterhouse steak tonight! (I gave him some shreds and he chewed and did his yummy sounds and kept asking for more!). Still nursed the same which is good. I get worried about giving him too much food, but he just loves it and really wants to experience it all. Since he nurses around the clock, I shouldn't fret!

So, he got up at 6:15....dh and I had both gotten up around 5:45 to pee, lol, and when I got back in bed and went back to sleep, he started stirring. then he sits up and starts playing and talking! So, he went back to sleep at 8, when I had to get up. *yawn*

Oh, one question, I don't know ANYTHING about other diaps besides pfs and flats. Are there any pull on diapers (or I guess even snaps) that are just cotton diaps, no PUL? I want something like that for K for EC-ing and I think if they were diaps, they would be more absorbent than training pants. Because I want the ease of pulling them down for pottying, but the absorbency of a flat or PF for times when I don't take him. (using pins and flats is getting annoying with ECing bc of his wiggling). I would still use the flats and pins at night and times when I know we aren't going to go potty, but I want a different option as well. I would use a wool soaker, shorties or longies over top.