Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2007, 10:37 PM   #1
Angel3167
Registered Users

My Mood:
Stinky Wipes

I am having a problem with my cloth wipes smelling kinda funky. We use baby wash clothes with water and keep them in a warmer. I add more wet down wipes as the bin starts to get low so it's never truly empty. Any suggestions to help get the funk out of my wipes? I need to fix it or DH wants to go to disposable wipes

Advertisement

Angel3167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #2
Infinity
Registered Users
Formerly: five-littlemonkeys
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stinky Wipes

nak
Your water is souring. Try boiling it first or using distilled water or adding a few drops of GSE or Lavender or TTO.

Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:43 PM   #3
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

I was having the same problem and the water is going bad and beginning to mold must your wipes. Now I use nothern essence wipe solution and its perfect because the TTO in it gets germs and bateria away and keeps my wipes smelling great and my ds bum smells clean after I use them too...not that I smell his bum but it gives him a fresh clean smell...
Old 03-14-2007, 11:19 AM   #4
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had the same issues. I washed the warmer super well, bought a new liner for the bottom and make my own solution now. I get 1 jug od distilled water and add a cpl drops of lav oil and tto, then some baby oil and a squirt od liquid dove soap. I let the wipe run out then add a small handfull of clean with a splash of the water mixture. Bofore I do that I leave the top open and let it air dry. I also periodically throw the bottom pad thing in the wash with the dipes! and clean it out again. HTH!!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote