Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-23-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
hippiemommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Is this super cheesy?

Ok, so DH's birthday is 1 week after Christmas. This year is his 40th, and I wanted to do something special, being a "milestone" and all. Also, we are on a shoestring budget, so I can't spend a whole lot at all.

Here's what I was thinking of doing: Emailing his family and friends and asking them to all write up either their favorite memory with him or why they most admire him. Then compiling them all in a scrapbook.....

Is this a good idea or is it just too cheesy and stupid? If it is a good idea, should I change the writing prompts at all, add any other options, or leave it as is?

Please don't be worried about hurting my feelings- I'm wanting honest opinions.. Thanks!

Advertisement

hippiemommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is this super cheesy?

I think it's a neat idea!
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
evamyster88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think it is an AWESOME idea.

I bet he would love it!
Old 12-23-2010, 10:42 AM   #4
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it really depends on your DH. I would be all for it, but DH probably wouldn't if it were the "what I admire most about you" type thing. Not that he doesn't want people to love and admire him, but it would kind of freak him out a little if he got a memory book like that. Especially if he were expected to go through it in front of other people (like at a party or something similar). Just a walk down memory lane would probably be different though.
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #5
Megap
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it's neat!
Megap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:07 AM   #6
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like it. Even if your DH doesn't like that kind of stuff, it's a great thing to pass down to his kids and grandkids. When we were dating, I made him a scrapbook with emails to each other, pictures, favorite song lyrics. He thought it was cheesy, but later on he really appreciated it. It's fun to look back on those things.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:14 AM   #7
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

I think it's a great idea! I might just have to steal it from you in the next couple of years for my dh!
Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:19 AM   #8
hippiemommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, we do lots of homemade gifts around here... Mostly "Daddy" oriented, he's loved them all so far! I thought a 40th bday was a great time to get other loved ones involved..

Wolffie- steal away! I've gotten so many great ideas and tips from this forum, I can't even tell you! So it's nice to have contributed to an idea to pass along, myself! Lol
hippiemommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:30 AM   #9
lj2blessed
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like a great idea! Maybe put a unique spin on it - maybe make it like "top 40" (like the billboard charts) and maybe turn it into song titles or something? Random idea (I'm pregnant, my brain floats away at times) but would be cute if the person was really into music.

**I think I might steal this for DH's 30th. For him though we'd do it "roast" style - the top 30 funniest/most memorable moments with Mac! Hopefully we can travel back home for this and have a nice dinner somewhere - this would be great! Maybe I need to start planning this now cuz when it comes up I'll have a 2 year old and a 2 month old
lj2blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:02 PM   #10
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If it's just the favorite memory with him it's a great idea! Maybe you could ask those people to also include a picture of them together (maybe one that your DH doesn't have/hasn't seen).
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote