Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-24-2010, 07:55 AM   #1
chiisai
Registered Users
seller

I am digging the Swaddlebees Simplex. What do others think?

I have a bunch of dipes from my son that I'm using for the newb (10 months now). But, freshening her stash I bought a few older color FB (medium) on sale, a couple of the 3G babykicks (OS) during the Black Friday sales, and I could not help myself and bought one of the new Simplex (medium).

So, the FB fit great, I'm "meh" on the babykicks (which i think will fit her later when she's bigger), and I'm totally digging the Simplex. So much so that I bought another on FSOT recently.

I haven't seen much about it on here.

If you've used them, what are your thoughts?

Here is my experience so far. Note: I've only used it twice, and during non-sleep time.

- Great trim SB design and not hugely bulky. DD's teeny (just under 17 lbs) and this matters to me, even if it's mostly aesthetic. I love the fit on her. I remember liking the fit of the SB on my son, but the drying time killed the joy for me.

- Absorbant. I was nervous, because of how thin (compared to others) it appeared. But I've done two 2 1/2 hour stints without doublers, and have had no issues.

- Dries in one cycle.

- I'm mostly a pocket-er, and the half sown in inner soaker is nice so that I don't have find it among the other loose inserts to stuff back in, it's attached - yay.

- Regarding feel: It's birdseye cotton, not a soft velour/whatnot. I'm used to a softer material, but DD hasn't made any indications that it bothers her so i'm not that concerned at the moment.

I'm a bit hesitent about trying it for naps, I'm used to a pocket that I can stuff with MF or double joeybunz. I think that's it so far...

Advertisement

***Please excuse the lowercase 'I''s and whatnots. Left shift button is on the fritz, and i'm too lazy to correct everything.***

Last edited by chiisai; 12-24-2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: can't spell
chiisai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
Shawna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I am digging the Swaddlebees Simplex. What do others think?

Awesome. I have one on the way for my two year old. Keeping fingers crossed it will fit.

Ecomom deal from plum district.
Shawna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:18 PM   #3
jpabruzzese
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Where do you get these.....are they a new product from swaddlebees
?
Old 12-26-2010, 09:39 AM   #4
chiisai
Registered Users
seller

Yes, they are one of the new offerings. I got mine from Abbyslane.

***Please excuse the lowercase 'I''s and whatnots. Left shift button is on the fritz, and i'm too lazy to correct everything.***
chiisai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:38 AM   #5
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Vermont Country Baby has them in stock, with a good end of year sale!
I am really tempted. I wonder if they could be used as a pull on/off trainer...
Old 04-27-2011, 11:06 PM   #6
lizzy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

any updates on how these have worked for people?? i'm tempted to get some for my 2 yo, who is not ready for potty training yet, but i am curious whether these might work as pull-ups eventually...
lizzy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
lizzy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Love them, love them, love them! I bought them because though we do cloth exclusively during the day, we have been doing sposies at night because I could never find anything that worked at night. And I tried seriously everything. I started to look into possible nighttime options again because I am tired of spending money on sposies. So I tried these. They WORKED overnight. I think I went a little overboard the first night--I stuffed them with an infant prefold AND a hemp doubler. I definitely didn't need the prefold. The built-in soaker is very absorbent itself. A little added absorbency at at night and your good to go!

The only complaint I have is that I don't love the side snaps. They don't fit as well as snappied diapers or aplix. But that is a minor complaint, and I can deal with it if they work overnight!
lizzy79 is offline   Reply With Quote