Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-30-2010, 10:28 AM   #161
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: SC Medicaid no longer covering routine circumcision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
I kind of wonder how many people will have it done at the hospital, having no idea the Medicaid doesn't cover it, and then not pay the bill. Because when you are in-patient, it is not like the hospital tells you what is covered and what isn't. You don't find that out until later.
Most of the hospitals around here you have to pay upfront for a circ no matter what insurance you have. Medicaid doesn't cover it and I guess there may be others that also don't cover it? But before they will perform one you have to get to the business office to pay for it.

Advertisement

Old 12-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #162
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had to sign a paper that outlined the charge for a circ and explained it wasn't covered by insurance during my pregnancy.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:19 PM   #163
Nanner99
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG's baby mama View Post
Not to burst your bubble or anything, but most insurance companies are not covering this. They consider it a cost that is inclusive in the payment for a delivery (Oddly enough, it isn't stopping most parents from paying for it or the hospital writes it off).

It was a cost cutting measure not a political statement.

There are a bunch of procedures that have been considered included in the payment of a more complex procedure. There are a series of edits called CCI (Correct Coding Initiative started by CMS) edits and that is what they look for, smaller less complicated procedures that can be considered to be part and parcel of a larger more complex one.

Medicaid is often just the last one to join the party. That's all. And that is usually because the states that manage the Medicaid program hate spending money on new computer systems or updates to their computer systems until they are forced to by HHS (the federal govt).

My insurance doesn't cover it, but I didn't pay a dime for my son's circ beyond a $20 copay. Trust me, the dollars still work out so that most people who want one can still get one for little or no money.
Oh I definitely don't think Medicaid is making a statement.
My whole point was not that Medicaid is making some type of political statement, rather since they are already stretched thin, that it only makes sense that they stop paying for circs. What you quoted me saying talks about budget cuts and how circ should be the first to go.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #164
DMH29506
Registered Users

well i was online looking for something else and well you know where u doing a search seems like everything else comes up well i came across this and i didnt hear about this and i live in SC guess i need to watch the news more but i think this is CRAZY my son is cir and my next son will to if i have to pay out of the pocket. years ago i had a bf that was not cir and i guess his mama didnt teach him how to clean him self right and it was stink and nasty after that he was no longer my bf(boyfriend) cuz thats just plain NASTY. ive heard stories from people that came across the same problem. boys/men need it done to keep bacteria from growing in the excess skin and smelling like ROT. not to mention most females dont wanna deal with a man that has not been cir. y put your son through that emotional roller coaster when he gets older???
Old 04-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #165
angely_06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCgirl_05 View Post
I saw that on Facebook the other day! I was so happy, anything that will prevent more parents from having this unnecessary procedure done on their little boys is GREAT to me. I think in a few years you'll have a hard time finding ANY insurance that will cover it! They are all starting to realize that it's a perfectly valid thing to deny coverage for. (except in very RARE cases).

My nephew's doc brought it up as optional, cause he had gotten a yeast infection
But since it was easier than proper hygiene, and care
And since medicaid covered it then, he had the procedure. I swear he was never the same again.
If it hadn't been covered, I *know* they wouldn't have payed to get it done.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #166
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMH29506
well i was online looking for something else and well you know where u doing a search seems like everything else comes up well i came across this and i didnt hear about this and i live in SC guess i need to watch the news more but i think this is CRAZY my son is cir and my next son will to if i have to pay out of the pocket. years ago i had a bf that was not cir and i guess his mama didnt teach him how to clean him self right and it was stink and nasty after that he was no longer my bf(boyfriend) cuz thats just plain NASTY. ive heard stories from people that came across the same problem. boys/men need it done to keep bacteria from growing in the excess skin and smelling like ROT. not to mention most females dont wanna deal with a man that has not been cir. y put your son through that emotional roller coaster when he gets older???
Umm my dh is not circ and he does not smell like rot or any of the other things you said.

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #167
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMH29506 View Post
Really? Well I can think of quite a few females that do not want to deal with a man that has been circ. Thankfully most parents nowadays are educated enough to know that this is a totally unnecessary procedure.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
Old 04-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #168
angely_06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMH29506 View Post
The circ rate has declined from years ago. "most females *you* know, and just cause you're exes didn't practice proper hygiene doesn't mean others dont. And a boy can go through an emotional roller coaster whether or not they have a circ. There are plenty of men who complain about having had one as a baby. Not just cause they didn't get one.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #169
angely_06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
Really? Well I can think of quite a few females that do not want to deal with a man that has been circ. Thankfully most parents nowadays are educated enough to know that this is a totally unnecessary procedure.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #170
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And also, it is people like YOU who keep spreading rumors and untruths around. So far everyone on both sides of the debate were able to post on this thread without stooping to personal attacks and nasty name calling. Let's just hope for your children's sake that they don't become one of the MANY kids that have botched circumcisions for no other reason than pure ignorance on their parent's side.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
Closed Thread