Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2007, 09:14 AM   #1
jrk
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Those of you that use nearly all pf's!

Do you ever miss using aio's or pockets? I'm thinking about getting rid of most of my pockets/aio's. Just keeping a few for sitters. Pf's are just so much cheaper, and easier to take care of! I sold all my pockets at one point only to buy more. But wool and pf's have been our main at home (except night) system. Also, does it seem like a pin using your pf's and covers on outings?

Advertisement

jrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:18 AM   #2
NatureandNurture
Registered Users
Formerly: Falls-Acre
seller

Re: Those of you that use nearly all pf's!

Not really. Pockets as a general whole just don't seem to work for us. And AIOs were a completel bomb. I like my PFs and a few of my fitteds.

I have BG pockets for the DCP, those work okay, but none of the others ever did.

Amiguramist extraordinaire!
http://hyenacart.com/NatureandNurture/
NatureandNurture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:21 AM   #3
DanaC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I almost exclusively use PFs at home unless DH is doing the changing. I do prefer to have pockets or AIOs for outings simply because I don't have a ton of room in the diaper bag to keep prefolds and covers that are wet.
I am in search of PAYPAL ONLY! Thank you
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:22 AM   #4
jrk
Registered
seller

My Mood:

My mom can use pf's but my mil can't. And, I know for sure my 15yo sister can't! So, I'll have to keep a few pockets around.

My ds is a major wiggle worm and I just worry I won't be able to change him in under 10 minutes in public!
Old 03-14-2007, 09:23 AM   #5
ChoiceSoaps
Registered Users

I would suggest keeping a few like you said. I do just use pockets for babysitters so we can go weeks without them, but they are handy when we do want them. I think you get used to whatever you use. I could easily get used to pockets or fitteds again, but you get fast at pfs when you have so much practice. I don't really see it as inconvenient at all. There's just something so simple and appealing about pfs!
ChoiceSoaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:28 AM   #6
3inclothdiapers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For the 4-mo-old we use mainly prefolds, but I have several AIO's that I made. They are handy for dr visits and for the diaper bag. And sometimes I just have days where all I feel like using is AIO's! I've done what you have before- sold a bunch of pockets and AIO's only to buy some more again. So, I've found that although I think I'm totally happy with a certain system, it's a good idea to keep a few other types of diapers around to use when I'm in the mood for something different (and it keeps me from going on a shopping spree to change up the stash!)
3inclothdiapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:08 AM   #7
mommabug42006
Registered Users
seller

My DD has a hard to fit shape so I have not found any pockets or AIO that fit. I would keep a few for babysisters ect but I would sell the rest. JMO
Old 03-14-2007, 11:40 AM   #8
Infinity
Registered Users
Formerly: five-littlemonkeys
seller

My Mood:

Not really. Iíve got 40 UBIPF that Iím dying and emplacing so theyíre pretty and I fitteds for DH and babysitters. I am getting a couple AI2/pockets to keep in the diaper bag. But thatís it. I much prefer IPF and wool.

Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:42 AM   #9
jrk
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I love my wool, but theres times when he needs 'real' clothes. What covers do you love? I have bsww's right now. I've only tried bumkins, and hated them.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:43 AM   #10
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have two lonely pockets diapers for hubby. I never use them - just wash them if they're in the diaper pail. That's about the only time I see them. I personally use all pfs. I dont' see the big deal at all with them. Usually if we're running errands I just trifold because it is faster and easier to change than a snappi-ed pf. But sometimes I still snappi if I'm expecting a poo. I just bring an extra cover and a couple diapers and dump the dirty into a small wet bag. DD is 2 so a couple diapers is all I need for a typical outting. That being said we do keep a handful of sposies in the car and a box of wipes in case we're gone longer than planned since sometimes if it is supposed to be a quick errand I just leave the diaper bag at home.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote