Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
Registered Users

I know EC can be done part time but I figure if I am away from him for 40+ hours per week, and he sleeps for a good chunk of time that is left, that I will only get to EC him on the weekend. Anyone have any tips on finding an EC friendly childcare provider?? It was hard enough to ask about cloth! But I think that asking them to potty my infant may actually go against regulations (and get me some pretty crazy looks as well).

rhody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: daycare?

Our daycare provider (3 days a week) takes claire to the potty when she's there. I mean, it's not that much harder than changing a diaper, really. I don't think that she takes her as much as I do; usually Claire will need at least one more diaper than the one she came in when she's at daycare, but that's still pretty good imo.

Even the daycare at the gym will take her to potty if they think about it, although usually she does okay in the hour that she's there.
Sara- mommy to Claire (01/10) and Micah (3/12) and someone new (10/14)
Birth doula and life-long student of Everything! Need a doula in the central VA area? Let's talk!
songbird516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:03 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: daycare?

we didn't start looking for a daycare until DD was about a year, but we found that the same type of people we were looking for - being open to holding her while she fell asleep, and responsive to her emotional needs / food sensitivities, etc meant that by the time we got around to the pottying question, we had someone who would be open to it. we found a small in home daycare and the woman was amazed but willing to work with us. not sure she would have done it for a smaller infant, but at 1yo her bladder capacity was quite enough to go potty on the preschool schedule and she was willing to take dd potty when she signed to go.

good luck! finding someone you trust to take care of your child is really really tough
ericac is offline   Reply With Quote