Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2006, 02:14 PM   #11
Gloria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you organize...

I am literally going through the same thing!! Except I need to organize mine so when I leave Dh home with the kids he will know exaclty what needs to be stuffed, covered, or if you can just use it by it's self. Right now they are all in a play pen and I have to set out diapers prestuffed or literally put a fitted in a cover so he won't call me 1/2 dozen times wondering if it will be ok without a cover etc...

I was thinking something like this, with the bins/baskets so they won't look messy. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4433075 shelves

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3869055 baskets

now i have to think of a way to label the outsides of the bins so diapering won't be a big chore to DH

One would be like fitteds/prefolds *requires cover*
then i would have one that says Covers *go over fitteds and prefolds*
then I would prestuff my pockets so to dh they would be like AIO's and The last sign would say *AIO's/pockets* just put them on by theirselves

Advertisement

Last edited by Gloria; 06-25-2006 at 02:27 PM.
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:19 PM   #12
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

one of our bathrooms has a really long counter... I have my diapers stacked accoring to kind... covers, fitteds, pf's then AI2's.... I also lay my ds on there and change his dipe right next to the dipes... hope that makes sense... it is handy because I have all the dipes, wipes and a sink right there all available to me and I have the wet bag hanging on the back of the bathroom door to throw the dirty ones right in.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:33 PM   #13
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i personally keep mine in the drawers of the changing table (we have one dresser/changing table and one dressar...we HAD a cat so i wanted to close the dipes off instead of just stacking somewhere, now we don't (have a cat) so i guess it was kind of a waste b/c now you can't just see all my cute fluff!!. anyhow for what you're doing i would get some utility shelfs (or you could do this w/o them as well) and get the rubbermaid containers...then you can organize by sizes and types and get to everything quickly and easily.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:39 PM   #14
My2punkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We do the same thing as pp said- use our changing table/dresser drawers. I hate that I have to open the drawers to see our cute fluff and thinking of trying something else for the future, but for now we don't have the space for anything more in the tiny nursery. When dd was newborn we had onesies and other stuff in there but the dipes have since taken over ALL the drawers- oops!
Old 06-25-2006, 02:58 PM   #15
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'll have to take a picture once DS is done nusing, but we have them in our changing table/dresser. The good thing is that the drawers are see-through. I LOVE it.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:19 PM   #16
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I organize our CDs by type & size on the the changing table shelves....

BUT-

when it comes to your MD dipes storage, I would recmnd plastic storage bins with lids & sorting by size/type... you can then label the outsides of each bin w/ what type/sz is in it... then when you have an order to fill, yu just pull that particular bin out and pull out what you need.
christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:22 PM   #17
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

I second Christinewith4's idea. They have some really cheap bins at Wal Mart. I keep my dipes in one of their large plain rolling carts with three drawers.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:20 PM   #18
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have mine in drawers in the changing table. I've got dividers in there too. I have come up with a dummy proof system for anyone who helps me... for naps, night and day pockets. I have them all stuffed ready to go, just need to grab from the correct section. It took me a while to come up with what works, but now it's so easy. I just stuff according to the particular pocket and then sort by the above...

Good luck. You'll figure something out...
Old 06-25-2006, 06:26 PM   #19
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:

I can fit 30 dipes on the top pf my changing table if I stack them just right, I just sold off 1/2 my stash so it would prolly fit all in a table drawer now.

I would suggest rubbermaid bins
Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:49 PM   #20
ramoth7
Registered Users

I have a changing table that DH built the way I wanted it: it's open like the boxes above, but wood. I have baskets in it and put the diapers in the baskets... I fold them in half and put them in vertically, like CDs (music) in a rack... it's working well. It isn't as pretty as some, but it's fast!