Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2010, 05:37 AM   #1
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:
May Flowers Chat Dec. 29th

Good Morning ladies!

Tara (from yesterday) SS to the family they are in my .

Poor ODD was sick all day yesterday with a fever and upset tummy. I am pretty sure it was due to all the traveling. YDD was up the walls with energy I just wish I could tap into it. Hoping to get to the grocery store today since there was no way I was taking a child.

I am wrestling with some hard decisions as of late. I can't decide if I want to move and have the help from my family (and drama that comes with) or stay here? We would have to move again and that alone is daunting. I know in the long run that would probably be easiest but I really don't want to have to move again.

Hope everyone has a great day!

How are all the goals going?? I only have one load of laundry left and the purging!!

Advertisement

Old 12-29-2010, 06:03 AM   #2
cococomey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: May Flowers Chat Dec. 29th

the bug going around is driving me crazy- me & our 20 month old had it on Christmas day had to cancel all plans
My 3 yo got it yesterday along with DH and my 10 yo .....I can't catch a break

I managed to take down the entire tree and all the decorations- do 2 loads of laundry- 2 loads of dishes- clean the entire house inlcuding the disgusting toilets

Now I have to work today .... Hope everyone has a great day!

cococomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:08 AM   #3
Ames2x
Registered Users
Formerly: MackMommaMade
seller

My Mood:

took down the tree and decorations yesterday. DH and I are tackling the upstairs this weekend....eek!!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:15 AM   #4
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Good morning ladies!

I swear this is the winter of SICK. My husband came home at the end of August from deployment, and since then we have had four vomit bugs and cold after sinus infection after cold. We are all currently battling the Cold of Doom and I can hardly breathe and my girls are up all night coughing. I swear we're keeping triaminic, mucinex and benadryl in business. I'd like to just hibernate till late March, please.

The Husband had to pop in to work today to get some paperwork signed. They're moving him squadrons and has to finish outprocessing his current one. He said only 1-2 hours and I hope so because he took my car.

So, yesterday I got one toy box to clean out. Today I'm doing the littlest's and then fold like three loads of laundry. Also hoping to wash four other loads. And I should empty and reload the dishwasher and clean my kitchen. Yeah. Let's see if that happens.

I hope everyone else is healthy!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:07 AM   #5
*Amy*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am sooo sick. I had to call the doctor today because we're afraid I might have strep throat. I went to my moms earlier and she looked at my throat and said she thinks I might. I'm waiting to here back from my OB now and hoping he says to come in. If he says take Robitussin or tylenol I am going to the walk-in clinic and seeing what they can do for me. I'm not usually a big baby about being sick but this is terrible. I didn't even take tylenol 2 weeks ago when I had my wisdom tooth pulled and this is 50x worse!
& Baby # 3 EDD 8/30/13
*Amy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #6
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:

Boo to all this illness

Got the two upstairs bathrooms clean and am now going to tackle cleaning the downstairs. I cannot wait to live on one level!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 10:23 AM   #7
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ugh. So The Husband's home by 10, 11 at the latest timeline has now moved to 12:30, 1 at the latest. NOT the day for this. I haven't cleaned ANYTHING, but we did read Cat in the Hat and do some reading lessons. So at least I did SOMETHING, right?
Old 12-29-2010, 10:31 AM   #8
*Amy*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I finally got a call back from my OB and he told me to take Sudafed and drink a lot of fluids. Are you kidding me?? My throat looks disgusting and my ears feel like they're going to explode and he doesn't even want to see me?? That's crazy. He knows I have a crazy high pain tolerance and wouldn't have even called if it wasn't really bad. Oh well.. guess I'll try it. If it doesn't get any better I am calling back tomorrow.
& Baby # 3 EDD 8/30/13
*Amy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:39 AM   #9
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

Still plugging along a moment at a time here. Youngest DD (just turned 16 months) was hospitalized for a gi bug resulting in severe dehydration, so that was fun. My house is almost back to normal condition, and that's helpful to "feel" normal. Husband will be back this weekend, so at least Ill have an extra set of hands to juggle stuff. I'll probably nap then too. :P
Mama4Ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:44 AM   #10
Salidwyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jules - My vote would be to stay there and avoid the drama, but I'm dealing with drama from DH's family and am going batty so I'm extremely biased right now! Yay on your laundry!

Colleen - You are superwoman! Nice job getting everything done AND dealing with a bunch of sickos as well!

Kay - Good luck with the upstairs!

blondeviolin - I'm sorry you ended up with the Cold of Doom too It has to get better at some point though! Good luck on getting everything done today that you want to.

Amy - DON'T feel bad about being a big baby about being sick. I'm usually not that bad too but I was a handful the last week because I felt miserable. I think the pregnancy is making this a LOT harder on all of us than it would be normally so hang in there mama and I hope you feel better soon!

AFM - I'm finally starting to feel slightly human again (this is day 5 and normally I would be almost completely done with a lingering runny nose or something minor) so that's a huge bonus. I conquered the dishes today since they had REALLY piled up while DH and I were sick and took over both sinks and most of the counter. I can't wait until we have a dishwasher again since doing them all by hand SUCKED, though the hot steam actually helped my sickness a lot, oddly enough. How often does doing dishes actually make you feel better?

Still a bit grumpy after the drama with the ILs yesterday but I'll deal with it. I'm just sick of negative people and all of the baggage that gets dumped on everyone else around them, but that applies to a lot of people, not just them. I wish it was ok to slap sense into people sometimes. Today is going to be a GOOD day though because I'm hellbent on making it a good day. Everyone else can bite me. Now that the dishes are done, I'm hoping to get the kitchen usable again (DH's hunting crap is everywhere and the table is covered) and get the bathroom done. I'd like to get the whole apartment cleaned up today but those are my two goals and I can move onto the living room and bedroom tomorrow. I'm feel bad whining because all of you can clean an entire multi-room house in one day and I can't do a 1 bedroom apartment. Soon we'll move and we might actually have places to put things, since there's such an overabundance of crap and a lack of storage for any of it.

Hugs to you all and I hope you have a wonderful day! The sun is shining here and even though there's that dreaded white stuff on the ground, it's really beautiful here