Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2011, 10:29 AM   #11
kadeandwadie
Registered Users

Re: EBF 7mo up all night? Help!

My 1st-3rd didn't do this but my 4th did. He rounded a corner around 13 months but we still have some rough nights. I only nurse at night now but I can feel you with the being exhausted. It will get better.

Advertisement

kadeandwadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #12
kadeandwadie
Registered Users

Oh and I wanted to mention it is great that you are still EBF even though you are working. Good for you!!
kadeandwadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:24 AM   #13
mommafox
Registered Users

Thank you all for your advice...sorry I wasn't back here sooner. We ended up letting him fuss it out (and I say that as he never really cried hard...it was more of a let's make noise and see who comes swooping in to rescue me). and while it was harder on me then him, after that first night he was up really only once and I really learned to discern his cries at night. He was SO SO SO much happier all day at daycare, in the evenings as well. Now the last week he's been up every two hours again. I really think with him it's mostly habit. He's also got teeth coming through so I'll give it some time and see how it goes. Thanks so much for all your advice!
mommafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #14
ksingh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My six month old has been that way since birth. She is up every 20 minutes though and I swear she never sleeps. This is the year of insomnia for me. I guess insomnia is part of having children at times, and I would encourage this is natural. I would just recommend watching out for caffeine intake and I would also learn to accept it. If you think something is wrong health wise the doctors visit must be at the top of your list. Worrying won't do you any good. I have learned to understand every baby is different. Some require much more maintenance, babies do have personalities from the time they are formed. Be patient, be strong, and if staying at home is an option may be time to get some rest during the day.
ksingh is offline   Reply With Quote