Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2010, 04:13 PM   #1
LissaB
Registered Users

My Mood:
Red face Anyone else addicted? Is it a pregnancy thing?

This is going to seem so silly. Actually, its kind of embarrassing. Okay, no kinda about it...

I am a grown woman, mother of a child, married for over 11 years, yet I am totally addicted to the Twilight series. I'm not sure if it is the pregnancy, but I'm hoping it might be. My sister showed me the first movie a bit after I conceived, which made me want to read the books. I have read the books 6 times - in a row! I have seen the movies several times. I'm not tired of it. I could probably stomp just about anyone in the SceneIt game. Still, I keep reading them and aside from the embarrassment factor, I could just keep going. It's pretty bad that I now read one set of books during the day, but if I feel like reading at night (where only DH can see me ) it has to be Twilight...

I've never done this with a series before! Sure, I'll re-read them eventually, but it has to be at least several months with several other books between readings!

Is this a pregnancy thing? Is anyone else addicted to a series, show, book, color, song, food...anything? LOL, any other crazy Twilight fans like me, or am I just totally nuts for this bubblegum book with such intriguing characters?

Advertisement

Old 12-29-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
lostiejen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else addicted? Is it a pregnancy thing?

Lol. I kind of know what you mean. I got a Nook for my birthday and I had grand plans to fill it up with all kinds of eye-opening new books. But all I've gotten so far are things I've already read (including, yes, Twilight). I think it's because we are in a delicate and unpredictable state physically and emotionally. We crave familiarity - at least I do. I want to feel comforted and safe and I want to know how a story is going to end before I begin it. Pregnancy is no time for experimentation.
lostiejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
LissaB
Registered Users

My Mood:

Maybe that's it. I just love the chemistry between Bella and Edward, and I think it is that which keeps drawing me back. DH is a great guy and wonderful at helping out, but we're so busy he doesn't always have the time to give me the affection I need when I'm pregnant. Maybe that's why I keep going back to it...
Old 12-29-2010, 04:38 PM   #4
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

never seen any of them, never read them.. and proud of it. lol

I don't think addictions have anything to do with pregnancy, unless it's a food addiction. lol
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:06 PM   #5
OneHotMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Another addict here!!!! But I was unapologetically addicted before I got pg, so no help.......
OneHotMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:31 PM   #6
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I loved it before I was pregnant.

K R M
MyKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #7
LissaB
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ha! Maybe it's just the series. I didn't expect much of it, so was really surprised when it got to me like this. Just watched Twilight for probably the 5th time this year. I love that movie.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:03 AM   #8
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:

Twilight is better than the dribble I have been reading (Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series, she is a vampire hunter and the books have actual sex scenes.) I am totally embarrassed to read them. Oh and then there was the Sookie Stackhouse series, I. could. Not. Put. Them. Down. I need to reread Twilight. Also have you read "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer? Totally good.
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote