Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-30-2010, 02:20 PM   #11
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did any of you NOT lose weight while nursing...

I lose weight the first few weeks after giving birth (30 lbs with # 5) and then I maintain my weight- I'm not sure if I will lose when my babies wean because by that time I'm almost always pg again!

Advertisement

Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #12
kej
Registered Users
seller

With dd1 I wasn't losing weight even while on Weight Watchers and nursing her. My body wouldn't let go of the weight, and dd wasn't getting enough good milk. I started again when she was 1 and lost weight. I'm going through it all again, and dd2 is 10 mo. Another friend of mine has the same problem.

It's something no one ever talks about. Everyone says "the weight will just slip right off as you nurse!" but it doesn't for everyone.
kej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:37 PM   #13
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Brady View Post
I have had 4 kids, and each time i hold onto baby weight until they are weaned. it sucks, but I feel like my body must NEED the extra weight to nourish the baby or it wouldn't be holding onto it.
Exactly this!!! (But I have three kids )

For me I hold onto about 20 lbs. It doesn't seem to matter what I gain during pregnancy - my body rests at 20 lbs up each time (somewhere between 140-145).

I miss my old pants!!

Last edited by fish3737; 12-30-2010 at 02:38 PM.
fish3737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:49 PM   #14
seacat
Registered Users
seller

I immediately lost 99% of the weight (within 3 months) - 50lbs I had a ton of water weight. However, I have a charming five pounds that has settled around my midsection and thighs that won't come off no matter what I do. My scale is stuck between 140-145 My ob says it will go away when I wean, but we are TTC so, it might be awhile
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:36 PM   #15
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme View Post
I lose weight the first few weeks after giving birth (30 lbs with # 5) and then I maintain my weight- I'm not sure if I will lose when my babies wean because by that time I'm almost always pg again!
Oh, me too! Had LO1, got a + pregnancy test when she was 4mos. Miscarried early, and got a + pregnancy test a month after my D&C.. when LO1 was 6 mos. LO2 was 6 mos when I got a + pregnancy test confirming LO3 was on his way. LO3 was 9 mos when I got a + pregnancy test confirming LO4 was on his way. LO4 was 6mos when I got a + pregnancy test confirming LO5 was on her way. LOL. So mine are stair steps as well, with 14-18 mos between each kiddo, which means the pounds REALLY racked up.
I initially lost about 30lbs after she was born, and now I am just stuck.

My LC says the same, it should come off once we wean. I sure hope so! I don't mind staying fluffy while nursing, as long as it's easier to lose when we're done.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:39 PM   #16
kanga1622
Registered Users

I lost all the baby weight in 9 days but as soon as I went back to work and thus was unable to catnap during the day it all came back. Apparently sleep deprivation makes me crave sugar and I have little willpower.

I believe I weigh more now than I did at the end of my pregnancy. I just keep trying not to gain further and will add exercise back in when DS needs nursing less for nutrition. I refuse to start an exercise program now for fear that I will lower my milk supply and DS is only 9.5 months so he comes first.

I lost weight pretty easily before I got pregnant with my treadmill routine and some healthier eating choices so I hope it is that easy after he quits nursing ALL NIGHT LONG.
kanga1622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #17
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I gain usually when I nurse.
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:49 PM   #18
wildsissy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

yup I lost a ton of weight WHILE I WAS PREGNANT the second she was born I've been putting weight back on.. I was in the hospital for 6 days and ate NOTHING for 6 days (only had liquids for 2 of those days) and lost 5lbs.. that's it.. 5!! Gained that back and then some since.
L♥VING MY WAHM PRODUCTS I FOUND HERE ON DIAPERSWAPPERS!! Homemade natural bath/skin products & candles from Alexanders Additions http://www.alexandersadditions.com/ and MAMA CLOTH great prices, amazing well made pads and she does custom work too visit The Silver Liner here.. http://hyenacart.com/stores/TheSilverLiner/
wildsissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:53 PM   #19
an_aurora
Registered Users

I always lose weight in the first half of my pregnancies, then gain 40-50lbs in the second half. Then, I lose maybe half the weight in the first 2 months PP, and hang onto the rest until after I'm done breastfeeding. After I wean, I lose 10lbs in the first week. I'm still hanging on to 15lbs from DS's pregnancy (and he's 18m!).
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:55 PM   #20
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep!!! I usually hold on to the last 10lbs while nursing. Frustrating but it's more important to give the baby mommy milk then be thin right away
Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote