Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-30-2010, 09:46 PM   #21
sondramama
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did any of you NOT lose weight while nursing...

with my first pregnancy, i gained 60 lbs. i left the hospital 10 lbs down. i nursed him for 2 years and lost ... ZERO lbs =] oh well =]
now, onto DS#2. havent lost any more weight since discharge.

Advertisement

Mama <3 to Chayden {8.23.06} & Amarie {10.02.06} & Colton {10.22.10}. Baby#4 due 7.7.14 <3 Wife&BestFriend to Nik {09.22.12}.
Etsy . FaceBook .
sondramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:51 PM   #22
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally's Red Meadow View Post
Anytime I lose weight, my baby acts like she is not getting enough milk. So I still need to lose most of the pg weight.
this is me. I am not a big girl. so when I lose too much too fast after pregnancy my milk supply suffers greatly. I WANTED to lose but my appetite was so high I just could not afford to eat less.
now at 5 months old, I am losing more. I just lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks. otherwise I was at a standstill for 4 months. kind of drove me nuts.
the only thing that really helped me lose all the sudden was me working out longer but less frequent on the treadmill. I eat nearly the same (this includes daily cookies) I still plan to go down 8 more lbs.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:55 PM   #23
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My body just doesn't lose weight while nursing. If anything, it holds onto it more for some reason. I don't have very fatty milk at all, maybe that's why, but seems like whenever I DO lose weight, I just end up pregnant again anyway.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:39 AM   #24
KristieW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Don't I WISH that I only had 5lbs left to lose! I only gained 23 lbs when I was pregnant with DD, but 15 has stubbornly hung around (and she was 7lbs at birth, so basically I lost DD's amount of weight and that was it!) DD still hasn't weaned, but I'm PG again with #2, so I figure that if I follow the same pattern with this next one and nurse 2+ years, I'll be carrying this extra weight for a couple more years at least. My main goal is not to gain more with this one than I did with DD. Also, happily, this next one will be a summer baby, so I'm hoping I'll feel more like getting out and exercising than I did with DD, who was a winter baby. In any event, I just bagged up almost all of my size 8/10 clothes to send to Goodwill--they're just taking up closet space, and it's going to be a long while before I need them again... and I've found that my post-child(ren) fashion style has changed quite a bit anyway from my pre-child(ren) fashion style, LOL!

*sigh*
Old 12-31-2010, 09:29 AM   #25
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:

yay, I am not alone......I have been so frustrated because it seems like everyone said all this weight will come off with nursing, I have not lost a pound since 6 weeks PP I feel like a huge cow
Old 01-01-2011, 03:16 AM   #26
tiger*baby
Registered Users
seller

Luckily I've lost all of my pregnancy weight (35lbs), but since I was already about 30lbs overweight pre-preg, I was hoping to lose some of that with nursing. No luck yet, but it's still early (LO is only 10 weeks old). Keeping my fingers crossed that it will start to come off, but there's been no movement on the scale the last 3 weeks.
tiger*baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:30 AM   #27
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hold on to it. I may GAIN muscle but as soon as nursing slows down I lose sizes. I am 15m PP and am in a size 10,