Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-30-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
Lovely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Co-Sleeping mamas, Q

So we co-sleep with DS Elliot, 4 months, and never a problem. We co-slept with DS1 for 2 years. Well last night my daughter gets in my bed and wakes me up because Elliot was turned completely around. Head under the covers and feet at the headboard. I have no idea how he got like this, which greatly concerns me. He's never been able to turn like that...but I don't know what to do about it.

Advertisement

Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:45 PM   #2
wildsissy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Co-Sleeping mamas, Q

hmm my little one has been able to turn herself around since she was around 4 months but it's funny you didn't wake up feeling him nudge himself around...??
L♥VING MY WAHM PRODUCTS I FOUND HERE ON DIAPERSWAPPERS!! Homemade natural bath/skin products & candles from Alexanders Additions http://www.alexandersadditions.com/ and MAMA CLOTH great prices, amazing well made pads and she does custom work too visit The Silver Liner here.. http://hyenacart.com/stores/TheSilverLiner/
wildsissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
Lovely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's what I'm concerned about. Im usually a VERY light sleeper, so I don't know how I didn't notice. I'm afraid to go to sleep tonight, honestly.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:10 PM   #4
ThreadsThatBind
Registered Users
Formerly: Lucy'sMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

My dd does that occasionally too. I freaked out the first time because I couldn't find her head. I was half asleep and just panicked that her head was gone. She didn't start doing it until she was over 2 years old though, so a bit different. Sorry, no advice. But I understand your fear of going to bed tonight. Do you swaddle? Maybe then he won't be able to turn himself around so easily?
Old 12-30-2010, 07:12 PM   #5
Lovely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreadsThatBind View Post
My dd does that occasionally too. I freaked out the first time because I couldn't find her head. I was half asleep and just panicked that her head was gone. She didn't start doing it until she was over 2 years old though, so a bit different. Sorry, no advice. But I understand your fear of going to bed tonight. Do you swaddle? Maybe then he won't be able to turn himself around so easily?
He's never liked being swaddled, and no matter how tightly I wrap and tuck him he manages to break free. I really want to continue to co-sleep but may have to move him to a bassinet or something. The whole thing is really stressing me out.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:27 PM   #6
andrea909
Registered Users
seller

I can relate. I coslept with my first but by the time the second came along I guess I was just a lot more tired and found that I didn't sleep as lightly so I put him in an arm's reach cosleeper. It's the next best thing. You can feel comfortable sleeping and the baby is right next to you.
andrea909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:44 PM   #7
sondramama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

do you sleep cuddling him in your arms? i know some people co-sleep and have baby sleep just between mom and dad but nobody is holding onto baby.
Mama <3 to Chayden {8.23.06} & Amarie {10.02.06} & Colton {10.22.10}. Baby#4 due 7.7.14 <3 Wife&BestFriend to Nik {09.22.12}.
Etsy . FaceBook .
sondramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:23 AM   #8
moonsandmarshmellows
Registered Users
Formerly: mumto2
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sondramama View Post
do you sleep cuddling him in your arms? i know some people co-sleep and have baby sleep just between mom and dad but nobody is holding onto baby.
I sleep with DS2 in my arms and this way I feel his every movement. And it seems to help him sleep for longer periods at a time.

SAHMama to Austyn 3/06, Anya 9/08, and Christopher 9/10
Lillian Louise 12/12
moonsandmarshmellows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:08 AM   #9
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It may be time to sidecar a crib for your crazy sleeper.

Here is a link on how to do it,

This way he could be close, and still have his freedom.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:44 AM   #10
One Little Window
Registered Users
Formerly: mamainmaine
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreadsThatBind View Post
Just have to say the same thing happened to me one night my boy's 18 months (almost) and in sleepy brain I wondered where his head had gone, instead of why were his feet by my face.
One Little Window is offline   Reply With Quote