Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #11
eliz7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: "im hungry"..."still hungry"....does the bottomless pit ever stop?

I second the high fat foods. My ds was the same way. He's 9.5 now and still eats more than a grown man. We did a lot of cashew nuts/butter and cheese. I added extra fats to his food, like extra olive oil to soups and pasta. I added protein powder to my pancake mix, anything I could think of to up protein and fat. Get creative
I say if they're hungry feed them.

Advertisement

eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #12
eliz7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

double post
eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:52 AM   #13
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DD is like that and always has been. She can eat three plates at supper, all good healthy, homemade food, and within the hour say she is hungry again. She often out eats DH. She is on the skinny side of normal, but is a CONSTANT motion machine, so she burns the calories... LOL I mix it up, offer lots of snack options that are fruit/veg or a protein/carb mix. Our go to, though, in a moment of starvation is oatmeal. The kid could eat oatmeal (or variations -- red river, cream of wheat,) anytime of day. I do a big crock pot of steelcut oats five out of seven days a week and she will have a huge bowl for breaky and I stash a bowl in the fridge for her for later.
Geckmumto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #14
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

I'm a grazer myself & like pp, veggies and fruit fill me up for about 10 minutes. Things that do fill me up: eggs (!), nuts & nut butters, avocado, milk rich drinks, cheeses, edamame.

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote