View Poll Results: Will you, or have you, had your last child before you got your first grey hair?
Haven't had last child yet. No grey hair yet. 15 11.81%
Haven't had last child yet, but have grey hair. 36 28.35%
Have had last child, no grey hair. 24 18.90%
Have had last child, and had grey hair 12 9.45%
Don't know if I am done having children, but have grey hair 16 12.60%
Don't know if I am done having children but don't have grey hair 20 15.75%
Other 4 3.15%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Will you or have you had your last child before your hair gets its first grey hair?

I am just curious on this. This is somewhat of a spinoff.

Poll coming...

Advertisement

Old 01-01-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Will you or have you had your last child before your hair gets it's first grey ha

I have had occasional grey hairs show up since I was a kid so I had kids after my first grey hair but my hair is not in the process of greying. That occurs at different times for different people.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Will you or have you had your last child before your hair gets it's first grey ha

Nope. I found my first gray on my wedding day. Seriously, while I was having my hair done, I spotted it. Everyone was saying, "that's just a light hair, not gray." Then, they got close. Sure enough, gray! I give my husband a hard time about that all the time. But, I was just a month before I turned 21. I was young for finding a gray hair. I'm 32 now and have a growing streak on the left side. I don't color it yet because it's not too bad and I'm not ready to start coloring it. I don't really want to, but I also don't want to go gray early and look older than I am. So, I will start coloring in the next couple of years. I have 5 kids and hopefully a few more to go. My gray hair preceded my kids by 7 years.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #4
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:

I had gray hair before my DD was even born (@ 28).

I come from a long-line of people, who prematurely gray. I am no exception.

I have one child, a 3-year-old girl, and intend on having 1 more, but not sure when.
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:34 PM   #5
mommyof3armywife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have had my 3rd and last child and I am 29 years old ( turned 29 two weeks ago) I have no gray hairs!
Old 01-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #6
jennym91005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

havent had last child but do have gray hair. i have sporadic gray hairs, but i do have a patch of gray on the underside of my head that i have had since middle school
Old 01-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #7
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've had grey hair since I was 18. Which is a good 10 years before I even had my first kiddo.
Janine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #8
Fleece Be With You
Registered Users
OperaDiva
seller

I found my first grey hair while pregnant and teaching middle school at age 22. I have only found maybe two since then, so I wouldn't say I'm "going grey" yet, but I definitely had greys before I even had my first kid, much less my last!
Jessica, wife to L (8-5-05) Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, CDing, ECing, babywearing Mama to H (9-18-09), my miracle baby! TTC #2!
I make and sell Fleece side-snap ConvertoTrainers! WAHM page Hyenacart Facebook Page
My Ovulation Chart
Fleece Be With You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #9
jac1976
Registered Users
seller

I wish! I had my first grey hair before my first child was born! (I was 28 when DS was born) I remember being 8 months pregnant with DS and waiting in line with DH. He was kind of standing over me and said "Wow, you are starting to get more than a few silver strands of wisdom." He's lucky he phrased it the way he did, b/c I think any other way and I would have throttled him!
Old 01-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #10
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I have had gray hair since I was about 21! I had 2 kids by then. I am 31 now and its pretty bad, but I color often. I think I had premature gray from coloring my hair so much as a teenager. Ah well!
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote