Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2011, 12:02 PM   #11
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Has anyone received donated milk?

I might be!! We are not totally sure what the plan is yet. We may be only transferring 1 next time. If so, it will probably be a little before that when my baby twins are about 18 months. If we go with 2 again, more likely, then we will be transferring right around then to have more babies/baby when these twins are 3 years old. 2 sets of twins in just over 2 years was a bit nuts. We don't want to risk 3 sets in 6 years. I just got my cycle back. I tend to halfheartedly TTC all the time even though I know it's pretty pointless. I can't help myself. I'm a bit obsessive. Maybe something crazy will happen and I'll be delayed even longer. Anyway, now that I got totally OT...

Yes, some people like to have blood tests before they receive donated milk. I don't have any links, but it is proven that it's safe for baby and illnesses don't transfer (baring any meds or drugs). But, lots of people just ask to see early pregnancy blood work just to be sure. Hospitals often won't allow donated milk without a scrip and going through a milk bank. Just check with your hospital on their policy. But, if baby isn't in the NICU, no one needs to know. Even then, I'm not sure I would, but you could just hand them the milk and say, "here is his milk for the day." They would never know it was from a donor. Like I said, I don't think I would be able to do that because I'm honest to a fault. But, it is an idea and I would be tempted. If by chance, I happen to deliver a short time before you (if I deliver at all ), feel free to contact me. I live in VA and like to pump.

Advertisement

Old 01-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #12
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am too honest too. So I will have to do everything by the book.

I like how you are assuming you are going to get twins again if you put back 2. I know your record but I still think it is funny. You know on another board I moderate an IVF board. There is a woman who just came on who is doing a FET sort of. She was successful with IVF and froze her eggs not embryos. So she will defrost those and fertilize them for the transfer. I mentioned to her your story and told her that it was very good that she did that, after all, there are stories like yours!

I am actually thankful that I got delayed my son is a handful right now and I am not sure how I would be doing otherwise.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #13
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

local ap groups... what city are you in. You'd need to talk to the radiography tech to find out the isotopes.
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:39 PM   #14
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ha, ha I actually don't assume I will. But, obviously, it is a risk. We just want to take that risk into account more this time than we did last time. Well, in a way, I assume I will. You know how I feel about my embryos. So, I can't really bring myself to assume any of them won't survive. I know it is highly probably that one or more (or even all that are left), won't survive, but I can't really bring myself to assume that. I am realistic about the odds even though I've been very successful. I just think of them as all already my children. So, I won't discount anyone until I have to. I plan to have them all and hope I do even though I know in reality that is unlikely. I planned for twins this past time way before the transfer. I changed OB's to one who was better with twins (IMO) than with my first set, bought XS diapers enough for twins and picked out my quad stroller several months before my transfer even happened. I thought I was being silly. I just can't bring myself to plan for one of my babies not to survive. I know the reality though. I just try not to think about it because it makes me sad. KWIM?

I'm glad the timing is working out well for you. God has a way of working everything out just perfectly! Just keep trusting Him.

ETA - We talked about just freezing eggs, but my RE said that actually isn't as successful as freezing embryos. Plus, since we pay 100%. I think that would up our cost a good bit. Of course, we didn't expect this result. However, we are very happy with this. We love our big family and are very happy to have our success story to share with others. Sometimes I don't fit in because of my success, but that is okay. I love that I can help inspire others going through IF. I pray our family continues to grow. Someday, I want to have a photo taken of our family and put some type of sign on it saying, "Made at The Jones Institute" and allow them to display it. If they want of course.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 01-02-2011 at 01:48 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #15
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am outside Trenton, NJ. At least that is the most notable city around here unless you count Princeton (which is smaller then Trenton but more famous).

I completely understand Heather. Did you hear about that story in England where a baby was born from an embryo frozen for 11 years? That gave me hope because I have 5 frozen and the odds of them allowing me to do anything other then a single transfer is HIGHLY unlikely. I have named my frozen and consider myself a mom to 10. However every time I see a person leave the IVF board and move to the FET board and come back I just sink! My RE has assured me that my embryos will give me the 2 more children that I want but I am so scared. Especially when I don't know what my egg situation is like right now (hoping to find out soon though).
Old 01-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #16
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did not hear about that. That is really awesome! Mine have been frozen for 5 years now. By the time I transfer the last, it will be around 10-12 years if the next transfer results in a pregnancy. It is scary. I know I have 5 kids already, but I do have my heart set on at least a couple more. It's scary to think these two babies could be my last because even though I've had great success, the odds really aren't in our favor. Plus, when you think of them as your children already, it's really hard to think about losing any. I won't try another fresh cycle though. After all, I do have 5 already. But, my RE keeps telling me the same as yours. He keeps saying, since all my embryos are the same quality and I'm healthy, there is no reason to think I won't have more success. I'm still scared, but I trust that God is in control. He will give us the babies He knows we can handle. Your RE has a lot of experience. It's no guarantee, but he isn't just trying to reassure you either. He is telling you what he believes from what he has seen and learned. I hope you get all the babies you desire through this process. May God bless your family no matter the size!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #17
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

There's Holistic Moms Network of Mercer County. Have you tried LLL groups?
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #18
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am a bit scared by the term "holistic". My DH is a pharma scientist.

I haven't contacted anyone yet. I am not pregnant yet so I am not even sure what I will need and when I will need it. However I just trying to get a good idea of where I would need to look.

Thank you for your help!
Old 01-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #19
kristinc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

my nicu would NOT allow donor milk....they don't ask you about what you bring in but the milk will have to be in their containers and such with the babies name on the label so you would have to defrost the donor milk for the day and pour it in to the nicu bottles and "pretend" that it is yours...unless you have a local mama who is willing to pump fresh milk for you once your baby is born
kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:00 PM   #20
laura_mae99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am a breastmilk donor and i donate on milkshare and eatonfeets http://www.eatsonfeets.com/ i am donating to a mom her on diaperswappers right know. But i have had to have 3 c-section :-( and my milk doesn't come in right away. And last time the doctors where so hard on me and made me give formula. I stuck with it as i am a milk queen.LOL But she only got like 3 bottles of formula before my milk came in. But still i think if we have another child, i will go on eats on feets and find a local mom willing to give me just a little tell my own milk come in. Its a great idea, and i sure plan on doing it next time... I am a donor my self and i know what work u have to do to even give to someone else milk. So I am all for it. I pump 6 times a day and breastfeed my own DD and take care of my 3 and 4 year old! So for me it all comes from the heart!!!

Last edited by laura_mae99; 01-04-2011 at 10:03 PM.
laura_mae99 is offline   Reply With Quote