Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How well do Thirsties Duo size 1 covers fit under the umbilical cord stump on nb?

I have two of them and I'd like to get more, but I want to make sure they won't rub on the umb. cord stump first.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:10 PM   #2
jojoreta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How well do Thirsties Duo size 1 covers fit under the umbilical cord stump on nb?

I used the duo wrap from birth with my son. They fit pretty well. Occasionally it would rub but apparently not enough to even slightly stain the cover. Would I use them again on a newborn? Yep!
jojoreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
fallaway
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How well do Thirsties Duo size 1 covers fit under the umbilical cord stump on nb?

It went way over DS's cord. He was 7.12 at birth, 19 1/4", and went down to 7.8. Seems to have rise on the short side, but still, it wasn't even close. I folded down to the aplix strip and it still rubbed against the bottom of his cord stump.

Last edited by fallaway; 01-02-2011 at 12:18 PM.
fallaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:14 PM   #4
laila
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I didn't like the way they fit on my little guy until after he was out of xs thirsties covers. It rubbed his cord. XS thirsties covers fit way better on my guy, but all babies are different! HTH. BTW, my little guy was 7 lbs. 14 oz and 20 inches at birth.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #5
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Does anyone else care to weigh-in?
Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #6
isabelsma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ooh, thanks for posting. I was wondering the same thing!
isabelsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #7
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

My kids have really sensitive cord stumps it seems, so I wasn't planning on using duos for #5 until a week.or two. I found that wool soakers were my favorite when they were teeny and had cord stumps because I could pin down the front.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #8
petuniajo
Registered Users
seller
seller

uh oh, since people said they get smaller than the Thirsties XS, I assumed they would fit under the stump!

So what PUL covers do y'all like for newborns? (sorry to hijack!)
Old 01-03-2011, 01:52 PM   #9
mrs_hawkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't like them with my LO until her stump fell off. They irritated it. She was 7 lbs., 3 oz. at birth.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:58 PM   #10
jenny3AZbabies
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

They fit my DS wonderfully. I used them at the hospital. They went under his stump. He was 8lb7oz though
jenny3AZbabies is offline   Reply With Quote